2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

I think the Knicks and Clippers are as much in play as the Lakers are as a destination. They're far closer to winning now and already have established star(s). CP3/Rose leave, Westbrook can slot right in.

LOL @ trading Ingram and Master Splinter for Russ when OKC loses more and more leverage each day.Delusional.

Last edited:
Supposedly Durant wanted to go home too.. Washington didn't even get a meeting

this couldn't be further in the truth. He does not want to play in DC, at all. In fact, i almost feel like he's ashamed of DC (being a little dramatic). But whenever I see him interviewed and the question of DC comes up, his demeanor changes in a negative way. He either is afraid to play there, doesn't like the area, or is afraid of distractions

I think the Knicks and Clippers are as much in play as the Lakers are as a destination. They're far closer to winning now and already have established star(s). CP3/Rose leave, Westbrook can slot right in.

for sure, if CP3 leaves, Westbrook can step right in. I wouldn't be opposed. I think its time CP3 moves on. It just seems inevitable.

Supposedly Durant wanted to go home too.. Washington didn't even get a meeting

this couldn't be further in the truth. He does not want to play in DC, at all. In fact, i almost feel like he's ashamed of DC (being a little dramatic). But whenever I see him interviewed and the question of DC comes up, his demeanor changes in a negative way. He either is afraid to play there, doesn't like the area, or is afraid of distractions

Started sentence with "supposedly"

What is keeping players away? They were not good.

Minnesota can't sign anybody either.. Because they were not a winning team, and very few prominent Free Agents want to play in Minnesota. The "Minnesota Tax" is a real thing among players.

They have Towns, Wiggins, Lavine. Drafted Dunn. Brought in Thibs. Had $29mil in cap space. They came out with Cole Aldrich, Jordan Hill, Brandon Rush.. And still have $14mil left in cap space

As for why would he go to LA - Hometown... Where else is he going to go?

Did Minnesota really want to grab a max tho? Didnt hear them even rumored with any big names. They seem to be taking a grow approach with their own guys, which is fine. You bring in a max that takes reps and pt away from one of their young guns when theyre clearly still a couple years away.

As for russ I honestly dont really knw. Mia maybe? stay in okc? Im sure a few other spots will open up that are more logical win now spots. But maybe he will go to la I just dont think its a great choice for him and just between them and okx

Best situation for Russ right now and for next 3 seasons: OKC, Spurs, Boston or minny

Last edited:
the days of top players with 1 year deals left being traded or re-upping is probably done. EVERY player wants to be courted now. I don't see a lot of guys passing that up during the season.

Just my opinion.

Every team is vulnerable now.

KD wanted to go somewhere to win a title NOW...and he did. The only way he would've considered Washington is if they made a serious trade to make them a contender. Forget going 'home' unless your legacy is already solidified in the league(I.e, LeBron, DWade, etc)

This thread is angering me right now.

And what would trading for Westbrook, and eating most of their salary cap in 2017 do?

You lose Russell, Randle & Picks for Westbrook, and have like $10mil left..

Because that is a trade that makes sense. (Sarcasm on that)

Mind bottling that people can't see how incredibly dumb this would be. Mind bottling.

Young team plus dysfunctional front office. The latter will be outta there after this year though.

Care to wager?

I do wonder how the lower projection for three cap is going to affect the movement. Nobody besides Philly will have close to enough to being two guys in. So either you stay in OKC if you're Russ and hope they can lure Blake from LA or actually vice versa (would require CP0 to leave). Or go to the Spurs, Celtics, Knicks, Miami (if Bosh retires) or the Lakers.

KD wanted to go somewhere to win a title NOW...and he did. The only way he would've considered Washington is if they made a serious trade to make them a contender. Forget going 'home' unless your legacy is already solidified in the league(I.e, LeBron, DWade, etc)

I get that, BUT, its very bizarre he didn't at least grant them a meeting. One 30 minute meeting. Something. A courtesy meeting.

You ever see a top high school player with his list of schools courting him, a list of FSU, LSU, Bama, USC, OSU, and Houston? Always one team thrown in there as a courtesy, usually his home town.

This thread is angering me right now.
Mind bottling that people can't see how incredibly dumb this would be. Mind bottling.
Care to wager?

I'd actually love to wager you that the front office will be gone (Mainly Kupchak). But, i hope he signs a lifetime deal with the Lakers.

His days are number. Will be lucky to get two more years,

You guys should be hoping for him to be replaced. The next GM is going to be a HUGE name. My sauces.

If I had to predict the summer of 2017 right now I'd go...

Curry and KD stay in GS.
CP0 to the Knicks.
Westbrook to the Lakers.
Rose to the Clippers with Blake staying.

I'd actually love to wager you that the front office will be gone (Mainly Kupchak). But, i hope he signs a lifetime deal with the Lakers.

His days are number. Will be lucky to get two more years,

You guys should be hoping for him to be replaced. The next GM is going to be a HUGE name. My sauces.

We can do that bro. Jim is not gonna fire himself and Jeannie doesn't have the nuts to axe the brain trust that delivered Russell, Clarkson, Ingram, Randle, nance, zubac...it wouldn't even make sense.

What am I dreaming exactly?

Again:
My dream right now would probably be pick up Blake.. And albrines is a 40% 3 point shooter

no disrespect, but talking to a fan of a team about trades is a little silly. Fans always expect more. Outside observers are more realistic. Your trade scenarios, which i believe you said were mentioned in articles, are ridiculous.

You do realize OKC has ZERO leverage, right? Thats the worst position to be in. This isn't baseball. Rentals in the NBA don't happen like that. Any of the teams that are after Russ aren't contenders this year. So why rent the player?

In baseball, you have a minor league system, so the risk is worth it to rent players.

Back
Top Bottom