2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

We can do that bro. Jim is not gonna fire himself and Jeannie doesn't have the nuts to axe the brain trust that delivered Russell, Clarkson, Ingram, Randle, nance, zubac...it wouldn't even make sense.

LOL she's says repeatedly she's holding him to his own stupid timeline. And after this free agency period and subsequent poor season which is likely another bottom 5 finish at best they'll be nothing left to save him and Mitch. They made some decent 2nd rd picks but its only luck that they got to even keep those top 3s the last two seasons. It's their poor mismanagement and lack of direction that resulted in what core we do have. Not like Hinkie who purposely was trying to suck. Once they're gone the respeck on the Laker brand will start to come back.

We can do that bro. Jim is not gonna fire himself and Jeannie doesn't have the nuts to axe the brain trust that delivered Russell, Clarkson, Ingram, Randle, nance, zubac...it wouldn't even make sense.

You're a Lakers fan.

If you can't see the dysfunction in that front office, I don't know what to tell you.

Kupchaks days are numbered. He'll be around if they win 40 games, but its not happening.

They had high draft picks, but what does that mean? You can only select so many youngsters. Eventually, you gotta win. And not getting any "real" players to consider you guys is a major problem. I mean for real. Teams are talking to the Clippers and not even considering the Lakers. What the hell is going on? Not a good look.

The good thing about Kupchak is he's well liked by agents. BUT, he over values the hell out of his chips.

But the future is looking brighter. DLO is a huge part. They need him to be the guy they drafted him to be

What am I dreaming exactly?

Again:
My dream right now would probably be pick up Blake.. And albrines is a 40% 3 point shooter

no disrespect, but talking to a fan of a team about trades is a little silly. Fans always expect more. Outside observers are more realistic. Your trade scenarios, which i believe you said were mentioned in articles, are ridiculous.

You do realize OKC has ZERO leverage, right? Thats the worst position to be in. This isn't baseball. Rentals in the NBA don't happen like that. Any of the teams that are after Russ aren't contenders this year. So why rent the player?

In baseball, you have a minor league system, so the risk is worth it to rent players.

They have the player, that in itself gives them something to work with

even if they decide to turn around and trade him to say Boston for a draft pick because they think they have a shot in the east with horford and Westbrook

And again, a rental situation just happened.. With OKC

If I had to predict the summer of 2017 right now I'd go...

Curry and KD stay in GS.
CP0 to the Knicks.
Westbrook to the Lakers.
Rose to the Clippers with Blake staying.

Is Chris Paul unrestricted next summer?

I think the Lakers are going to have to keep building through their youth. You guys keep thinking these big fish are going to go there just because it's LA and the Lakers and these guys are from the area but it's not happening. Even with Westbrook that team isn't winning anything for a minute. If they could trade some of their young assets for another star then that's a different story. I just don't know who that other star could be that would be on the market for Russell and Randle.

Oladipo will be a restricted free agent..

Ibaka is on the last year of his deal and will be unrestricted

The Ibaka trade made sense though. OKC wasn't interested in bringing a declining player back. They also made that trade in hopes of bolstering their lineup to keep KD. It didn't work.

Is that the rental you're speaking of?

Nobody is going to trade their youth, legit youth players, for a rental.

DLO/Randle or pick/Ingram for Westbrook is worst than anything a Memphis Grizzly fan has ever said in here. Sorry.

Last edited:
Also if the season is going in the tank which is very likely and Westbrook isn't traded approaching the deadline, I could see Mitch and Jim making one last effort to save their jobs by trading for him. Also assuming KD and Steph resign he's not going to be contending wherever he goes for the 2018 season (except the Spurs and maybe Boston), but that next summer he could get help in Boogie or another LA native in PG13 in LA.

Paid to do, with sources......

:lol: :rofl:

You're the lakers fan..

Wonder what jimmy and co will do when they hear ainge leaking rumors about almost having a deal

They won't do anything. Because it does nothing for them. I don't get why you don't get that. It's really, really simple.

I don't know what they will or won't do.. I just wouldn't put it past them

As I wouldn't put it past ainge

Thibs I think will show the most restraint out of the 3, but who knows

Oladipo will be a restricted free agent..

Ibaka is on the last year of his deal and will be unrestricted

The Ibaka trade made sense though. OKC wasn't interested in bringing a declining player back. They also made that trade in hopes of bolstering their lineup to keep KD. It didn't work.

Is that the rental you're speaking of?

Nobody is going to trade their youth, legit youth players, for a rental.

DLO/Randle or pick/Ingram for Westbrook is worst than anything a Memphis Grizzly fan has ever said in here. Sorry.

Oladipo is 24

Thunder also got a lottery pick (sabonis)

Last edited:
Does Westbrook really care about being on a serious contender though? Serious question. He'll of course say he wants to be on a winner, because he's supposed to, but Westbrook strikes me as the type who wants to be on a good situation for HIM, not necessarily for winning purposes.

Oladipo is 24

I'm still unsure what you are saying. Was that what you referred to when speaking of rental?

Thats a completely different situation. Both sides in that deal wasn't looking to pay top dollar for the guys they traded (Oladipo and Ibaka).

Does Westbrook really care about being on a serious contender though? Serious question. He'll of course say he wants to be on a winner, because he's supposed to, but Westbrook strikes me as the type who wants to be on a good situation for HIM, not necessarily for winning purposes.

Idk dude seems like a fierce competitor to me. Seems like a **** in interviews when he loses. Idk if he can take too much losing. Hes no melo :lol: jk

Last edited:

I obviously think he wants to win but he does have some Bean in him and wants to be the reason that the team is successful. And in as little as a years time he could get some serious help. Also I think the fashion aspect as silly as it sounds is another thing working in LA's favor, the market aspect of a pitch will actually have some appeal.

Idk dude seems like a fierce competitor to me. Seems like a **** in interviews when he loses. Idk if he can take too much losing. Hes no melo

Yea..I don't know which situation would be the right one to cover all the bases of what he would want

Cause winning seems pretty high on the list

I really don't think Westbrook is going to want to live in Minnesota or Boston, dude's signature shoe isn't even a basketball shoe and he has a clothing line with Barney's. And I don't think the Lakers will give the Thunder **** for him either. OKC can send him to whoever wants to rent but what contender is moving viable pieces for him or will be able to sign him in the offseason?

Last edited:
MVP MVP Jeannie has repeatedly been backpedaling from this deadline, which is a self imposed deadline that Jim has completely rewritten since he first made it. She almost explicitly said she's not firing anybody and doesn't expect to make the playoffs in her latest interview.

The whole notion of Jeannie cleaning house, bringing in Phil who would need to be released from his contract and signing westbrook (to play with derozan and kd) is steaming hot bs concocted by one Stephen smith. Absolutely no traction to anything this dude says.

casper90403 casper90403 we betting or nah :nerd:

Oladipo is 24

I'm still unsure what you are saying. Was that what you referred to when speaking of rental?

Thats a completely different situation. Both sides in that deal wasn't looking to pay top dollar for the guys they traded (Oladipo and Ibaka).

Presti loved oladipo from the draft.. Got a lottery pick.. And another dude which could have given them salary cap relief (still on a 1 year deal, money wasn't guaranteed til July, trade happened in June.. So could have been part of another move if it came up)

ibaka become expendable because of kanter/Adams vs Spurs and KD playing the 4 vs Warriors

Then you factor in Dipo being a RFA.. And ibaka supposedly unhappy with his role getting smaller with the team

Still not sure what exactly Orlando is doing.. Should have kept the lottery pick and moved Dipo and ersan for something if you're right (ersan's contract having value to a team trying to shed money)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom