2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Presti loved oladipo from the draft.. Got a lottery pick.. And another dude which could have given them salary cap relief (still on a 1 year deal, money wasn't guaranteed til July, trade happened in June.. So could have been part of another move if it came up)

ibaka become expendable because of kanter/Adams vs Spurs and KD playing the 4 vs Warriors

Then you factor in Dipo being a RFA.. And ibaka supposedly unhappy with his role getting smaller with the team

Still not sure what exactly Orlando is doing.. Should have kept the lottery pick and moved Dipo and ersan for something if you're right (ersan's contract having value to a team trying to shed money)

Orlando making that move, AND THEN signing Biyombo was a head scratcher, especially when they have Vucevic and Gordon as other bigs.

I legit think they are willing to max Ibaka out. Just not Oladipo.

Oladipo will be a restricted free agent..

Ibaka is on the last year of his deal and will be unrestricted

you really comparing washed ibaka and russell westbrook?

dog
View media item 2105991

And look what the thunder got for "washed ibaka" on a 1 year deal

Not an all star :lol: That situation is incomparable to the Russ situation you got an unproven young guard that hasn't made big strides in 3 years, a rookie big man and an often injured and overpaid stretch 4.

Last edited:
okc isnt getting nothing for westbrook

they could probably get like andrew bogut and a second rounder but thats it

Orlando making that move, AND THEN signing Biyombo was a head scratcher, especially when they have Vucevic and Gordon as other bigs.

I legit think they are willing to max Ibaka out. Just not Oladipo.

I don't get any of it..

If they didn't want to pay Dipo, then move him.. Get future pick(s) from some team

Don't get giving up the lottery pick

And they could have easily gotten a decent pick for ersan just from a team who wanted to clear space

Why?

Spurs backcourt is basura, and Pop has shown to be willing to adapt his style of coaching and philosophy on the fly. Unless you're thinking Russ' personality will clash.

Last edited:
Why?

Spurs backcourt is basura, and Pop has shown to be willing to adapt his style of coaching and philosophy on the fly. Unless you're thinking Russ' personaliTunes will clash.

I think it's the same way why Rondo wouldn't of worked out there in his prime. Pop's players fully buy into whatever he says and listen with 100% obedience, Russ is a wild card and he's not going to do what Pop wants him to do a good amount of the time he's holding the ball. I don't doubt it'd work but the Spurs seem to be picky with personalities like that most the time.

I think it's the same way why Rondo wouldn't of worked out there in his prime. Pop's players fully buy into whatever he says and listen with 100% obedience, Russ is a wild card and he's not going to do what Pop wants him to do a good amount of the time he's holding the ball. I don't doubt it'd work but the Spurs seem to be picky with personalities like that most the time.

Eh. I don't buy it. He's been fortunate enough to coach no personality low maintenance stars in Kawhi and Duncan, but Parker and Ginobli definitely drove him crazy especially in their primes. I respect him enough to realize the talent that Russ is and be able to adapt.

i think Russ would be just fine with Pop. Some coaches just command the respect because they deserve it. We expecting Russ to respect Scott Brooks?

I feel like any player will work just fine with Pop.

Like I said I don't doubt it'd work, just don't know if the Spurs make that move. I don't see them trading for him at least.

Like I said I don't doubt it'd work, just don't know if the Spurs make that move. I don't see them trading for him at least.

Well they don't have anything to trade for him unless they've given up on LMA already.

because of the spurs system. all about moving the ball and getting the best possible shot, team ball. not about one person dominating the ball and padding stats. ... russ cant play in a system like that. spurs look for high iq basketball players. not everyone can play in that kind of system.  westbrook one of  if not the most overrated player in the L. hes also dumb , basketball iq wise. 

Last edited:
So Mitch, Jeanie, and Jim are buying time and saving cap room to collect Westbrook, KD, and Steph?
Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif
Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

Never change

because of the spurs system. all about moving the ball and getting the best possible shot, team ball. not about one person dominating the ball and padding stats. ... russ cant play in a system like that.  westbrook one of  if not the most overrated player in the L. 

That's not always been the case. They've adjusted offensive philosophies quite a bit over Pop's tenure. Twin towers centric, to catering to Parker and Ginobli in their primes,to the beautiful game starting in 2012 and now back to a more post mid-range centric offense built around LMA and Kawhi isolations. You calling Russ overrated like he's not a consensus top 5 player in the world and saying he can't play in a system that he's never had the opportunity to be in and with a coach with the pedigree of Pop is just silly.

boy it only took one season for people to realize how overrated LMA is.

He's been soft. Wanted the Spurs to target Millsap over him big time and I'm not even a Spurs fan. I just don't want a dude that plays like that to be my 2nd best player.

Last edited:
That's not always been the case. They've adjusted offensive philosophies quite a bit over Pop's tenure. Twin towers centric, to catering to Parker and Ginobli in their primes,to the beautiful game starting in 2012 and now back to a more post mid-range centric offense built around LMA and Kawhi isolations. You calling Russ overrated like he's not a consensus top 5 player in the world and saying he can't play in a system that he's never had the opportunity to be in and with a coach with the pedigree of Pop is just silly.
when have the spurs had a ball stopper? yeah theyve had different players as a focal point but its always been unselfish play..... russ cant play like that. not silly at all. theres a reason why durant left and hes stated it. russ can only play one way. that pickup ball style of offense. 

Last edited:
Always thought LMA was just ok. Nothing spectacular. As a non-Laker fan, i was hoping they would max him out but no, they went ahead and laid up one of the worst presentations in the history of presentations.

when have the spurs had a ball stopper? 

Watch Gary Neal highlights when he was there

Back
Top Bottom