2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Always thought LMA was just ok. Nothing spectacular. As a non-Laker fan, i was hoping they would max him out but no, they went ahead and laid up one of the worst presentations in the history of presentations.
yeah .. lma is best as second option type player . he aint a good first option. 

Ball stopper =/= ball dominant. Most elite PGs are ball dominant, it's kind of their job. Parker was that for a few years with San Antonio as well. And OKC's offense was never predicated on great ball movement but Russ is a has a high IQ for finding people. It also helps if you have multiple ball handlers on the floor like SA in theory would have,he could be in better positions to finish plays instead of always having to start them.

Last edited:
For better or worse, I think Chris Paul and Blake both stay with LAC next summer. The contending aspect, the love for LA, the family aspect, I dont see them leaving. But who knows.

I cant fathom Russ outright signing with lal next summer though. A player of his caliber, right smack in the middle of his prime, isnt going to play for a 25 win team imo. Other situations far more likely.

One of my most hated really good players in the league is lma. I legit cant stand watching him play sometimes. So frustrating.

Russ is either staying in OKC or going to the Lakers

If the Lakers can flip D'lo and Randle for a good 2nd option while still keeping Ingram that would be good

For better or worse, I think Chris Paul and Blake both stay with LAC next summer. The contending aspect, the love for LA, the family aspect, I dont see them leaving. But who knows.

I cant fathom Russ outright signing with lal next summer though. A player of his caliber, right smack in the middle of his prime, isnt going to play for a 25 win team imo. Other situations far more likely.
yeah i think so to. i think cp has like 3 or 4 more years till he starts declining. he dont rely on athleticism, hes a smart player , plays below the rim. he should last awhile. blake , i think they get rid of blake before cp3. i would do it . i think dj is fine. they played with out blake all season and they are fine. see what they can get for him and they can become a better team. im not high on blake. 

i also cant see russ going to the lakers..... we arent a contender with him, wouldnt mind having him even though im not a fan but its kinda pointless for him to come here. we on a rebuild. 

Last edited:
they won't get anything close to Blakes ability in return. Basically 70 cents on the dollar. He's in the Westbrook territory. Why give up stuff when he can opt out after this season, which he will?

Blake for sure wants to be courted.

Now's the time for DJ to say bro, i stayed because of you. You gotta do the same (even though Blake was cool with DJ's original decision and didn't initially try to talk him out of it)

Doc's in for a stressful year.

yeah i think so to. i think cp has like 3 or 4 more years till he starts declining. he dont rely on athleticism, hes a smart player , plays below the rim. he should last awhile. blake , i think they get rid of blake before cp3. i would do it . i think dj is fine. they played with out blake all season and they are fine. see what they can get for him and they can become a better team. im not high on blake. 

i also cant see russ going to the lakers..... we arent a contender with him, wouldnt mind having him even though im not a fan but its kinda pointless for him to come here. we on a rebuild. 

but when are you guys going to be a contender? Gotta start somewhere. Can't keep collecting picks and young players.

Lakers must score on a big name next off season.

LA would be dumb to trade DLo or Ingram.

I wouldn't move Clarkson or Randle either but they're more expendable.

but when are you guys going to be a contender? Gotta start somewhere. Can't keep collecting picks and young players.

we need to start building up and one of our young players has to hit , and we have to start showing promise. just like the early 90s. aint no mega star going to come till we show that we got something here. right now we got nothing. getting a in his prime star is just a waste right now. we were a playoff team before shaq came. aint nobody want to play on a rebuilding squad. 

Last edited:
they won't get anything close to Blakes ability in return. Basically 70 cents on the dollar. He's in the Westbrook territory. Why give up stuff when he can opt out after this season, which he will?

Blake for sure wants to be courted.

Now's the time for DJ to say bro, i stayed because of you. You gotta do the same (even though Blake was cool with DJ's original decision and didn't initially try to talk him out of it)

Doc's in for a stressful year.
Isn't cp3 a free agent after this year also?

I don't understand how starting somewhere doesn't involve building around 3 guys that are 21 or younger. Everyone is fixated on this Lakers need to get a free agent thing like they do this every year. What's the last superstar FA signing they made since Shaq? Payton/Malone were far past their prime when they came along.

I don't understand how starting somewhere doesn't involve building around 3 guys that are 21 or younger. Everyone is fixated on this Lakers need to get a free agent thing like they do this every year. What's the last superstar FA signing they made since Shaq? Payton/Malone were far past their prime when they came along.
exactly im fine with this process .

. one of these guys has to hit and well be fine. it no one hits we f'd ...... 

Back
Top Bottom