2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

The city of Baltimore Olympic Hero is Michael Phelps.....

Melo can't even be the best back home 
laugh.gif

Yea like we did this year...oh wait...

If you guys still finish with a bottom 3 record in the league then Ingram would have to have a terrible year, Deng and Mozgov would have to be useless and Russell must not have improved at all.

If you guys still finish with a bottom 3 record in the league then Ingram would have to have a terrible year, Deng and Mozgov would have to be useless and Russell must not have improved at all.

Not really only the Nets and Sixers have comparable lack of talent + we have the hardest schedule in the league, Ingram could be really good and the rest of the core could improve and it still not translate to Ws. This year is all about improving as individual talents not wins and losses. And I'm expecting nothing from Mosgov and Deng will be more of a teacher at this stage of his career.

Last edited:
Deng would be the highest paid teacher in the country :lol:

I could see the Kings, Nets, Pelicans, Suns, Nuggets and Sixers all having worse records than the Lakers this year if their young players step up and Deng isn't completely washed

Last edited:
Melo should just play for team USA Full time

Only way he will ever be a winner
Highschool Chip

NCAA Chip

Olympic Gold everywhere

NBA nothing. Definition of a Loser. 

'You must be winning" Zyzz, "teach me."

Last edited:

Melo should just play for team USA Full time

Only way he will ever be a winner
Highschool Chip

NCAA Chip

Olympic Gold everywhere

NBA nothing. Definition of a Loser. 

'You must be winning" Zyzz, "teach me."
As a professional basketball player, Melo is being paid to win in the NBA. HS, college, & Olympics contributed $0 to has salary.

So yes in retrospect, that is losing.

Last edited:
SHould've had pulled a KD, huh

Nope.

2 completely different situations. KD was on a championship caliber team. I'm not saying Melo couldn't re-sign with NYK, but him signing a max deal without giving himself options is what I blame him for. Plus, that Knicks team never showed any signs of being good enough to win the East. It wouldn't have hurt Melo to do 1+1 deals after 2013. At the very least, it would've pressured NYK to try and put more talent around him.

Only on NT do people want to look at everything black and white :lol: you know Melo and KD's situations were far from the same. No one is even saying Melo should've paired up with a super team. I just think once he locked into that 5 year deal, all the pressure was taking off the Knicks. They had him locked in for the rest of his prime.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom