2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Probably because you guys have the most ridiculous lines of reasoning to attempt to slander him. The Knicks sans Melo have been complete trash for the past couple years...when he had slightly decent talent guess what? They won 50 games and made the playoffs. When he had a good sidekick his team went to the conference finals and pushed the eventual champion to the brink. He's won at literally EVERY level he's EVER played at his entire life as long as he has talent around him and for some reason people can't get that through your heads...yet are the same people that will excuse others for losing. Y'all gotta be extremists all the time and wonder why there are people jumping to defend. It's wild.
east is garbage man. 

kobe took a team that had smush parker and kwame brown in the starting lineup  to the playoffs. 

lebron took a garbage team to the finals in his first run with the cavs. 

nobody expecting the knicks to win the chip  or advance far in the playoffs but at least make it in a conference that has been bad, except for this year a winning record wasnt even necessary to making the playoffs. .

. hes had one year he was injured but they havent  made the playoffs the last three season. i see it as hes not in his prime anymore . like i said knick fans ride for melo hard. at some point the star and leader of the team has to take some of the blame for his teams failures ...... 

Last edited:
Nikolai Titiskili >>>>>

He had the ratchet in NBA live.

I'm sure I butchered his name.

Last edited:
east is garbage man. 

kobe took a team that had smush parker and kwame brown in the starting lineup  to the playoffs. 

nobody expecting the knicks to win the chip  or advance far in the playoffs but at least make it in a conference that has been bad, except for this year a winning record wasnt even necessary to making the playoffs. .
. hes had one year he was injured but they havent  made the playoffs the last three season. i see it as hes not in his prime anymore . like i said knick fans ride for melo hard. at some point the star and leader of the team has to take some of the blame for his teams failures ...... 

Kobe had Lamar Odom. Bron had Larry Hughes and Z. Carmelo had.....Sasha V. You're right it's the fact that he's out of his prime. Nevermind the piss poor talent surrounding him

east is garbage man. 

Kobe had Lamar Odom. Bron had Larry Hughes and Z. Carmelo had.....Sasha V. You're right it's the fact that he's out of his prime. Nevermind the piss poor talent surrounding him
I still think it's nuts a top 10-15 player in his relative prime misses the playoffs three consecutive seasons in a bad conference. Granted in 2015 he missed half the season, so I can excuse that.

I still think it's nuts a top 10-15 player in his relative prime misses the playoffs three consecutive seasons in a bad conference. Granted in 2015 he missed half the season, so I can excuse that.
It takes a team bruh. Prime PAul Pierce missed hte 07 playoffs in a weaker Eastern conference

Crazy because in his first two years in New York he was one of 4 players who'd never missed the playoffs in their careers

east is garbage man. 

You credit Kobe with taking bad teams to the playoffs in the west. Carmelo took bad Nuggets teams to the Western playoffs as well. So it's kinda like your picking and choosing scenarios to fit your argument.

Sister Michelle took out Steven Adams sister in the shot put for GOLD just now
pimp.gif

Good enough to win in the regular season, not good enough for long term playoff trips.

No team is winning anything with no real scoring options outside of one man in what is constantly seen as the tougher conference. While Melo did have his flaws people essentially get mad at him for not pulling off an upset.

Last edited:
^You gotta keep in mind the landscape of the nba back then. This is like 10 years ago before dudes like Miller camby and Nene were washed. Camby won dpoy with those nuggets if I remember right and Nene was one of the most athletic pfs in the league with Amare. Nene/camby was almost Blake/DJ level at that time. Also Earl boykins was raw

Last edited:
Good enough to win in the regular season, not good enough for long term playoff trips.

No team is winning anything with no real scoring options outside of one man in what is constantly seen as the tougher conference. While Melo did have his flaws people essentially get mad at him for not pulling off an upset.
His first five years in Denver we lost to: Timberwolves, Spurs, Clippers , Spurs, and Lakers. All of those teams were the 1-3 seeds expect for the Clippers when we lost to a lower seed.

^You gotta keep in mind the landscape of the nba back then. This is like 10 years ago before dudes like Miller camby and Nene were washed. Camby won dpoy with those nuggets if I remember right and Nene was one of the most athletic pfs in the league with Amare. Nene/camby was almost Blake/DJ level at that time. Also Earl boykins was raw

Camby won it in 06-07 but played the Spurs the year they washed everyone en route to sweeping the cavs. But the problem with that team was AI being the point guard. Boykins always played with heart but I dont know about saying he was raw. And as much as Nene did in denver he always came up short

Last edited:
With a starting lineup of:
Andre Miller
Voshon Lenard
Carmelo
Nene
Camby

That's a bad lineup to me, with Earl Boykins as the 6th man.
Andre Miller was one of the most underrated guards in the league at the time.

Voshon Leonard was a decent scorer and shooter at the time 

Melo is Melo (Younger and less polished but still an upcoming star.)

Nene is an underrated two-way big

Camby is an elite rim protector

They might have lacked depth but that is far from bad.

As a lifelong Nuggets fan I can say that those Nuggets teams weren't as good as they appeared to be on paper years later because Camby, Nene and Kenyon were hurt during long stretches. Melo and Boykins were often times the only consistently healthy guys on that squad. Vo Leonard wasn't good for long stretches.

Nah nobody expected Carmelo to win chips with any of his squads. Nobody saying that but he should make a yearly trip to the playoffs even with a bad squad. Those nuggets teams were far from garbage. The best offensive player in the game can't be at least a first round and out playoff team. Something is wrong with that. Even harden did that last year and old as dirk. Carmelo is overrated. This generations Iverson.lot of numbers and fun to watch but that's where it ends. It is what it is.

Last edited:
Nah nobody expected Carmelo to win chips with any of his squads . Nobody saying that but he should make a yearly trip to the playoffs even with a bad squad. Those nuggets teams were far from garbage. The best offensive player in the game can't be at least a first round and out playoff team. Something is wrong with that. Even harden did that last year and old as dirk. Carmelo is overrated. This generations Iverson.lot of numbers and fun to watch but that's where it ends. It is what it is.
Exactly

i consider Iverson a top 5 player of his generation so I'm cool with that.

Shaq, Kobe, lebron, Duncan, and a couple others are in a tier of their own, but Iverson and Melo are in a tier after that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom