2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Battier has held Kobe to the lowest average FG% out of the regular guys he's faced up against. Or at least I know Battier claims this
laugh.gif
Doubt he'd lie about it though
I think I remember in an interview saying Tayshaun was like the only dude who was able to "shut him down". kobe's FG% against tayshaun in his career is like below 40%

Yea tay had Kobe's number. On speed dial. T-Mobile fave 5 and what have you. I think he really could read Kobe's thoughts or something, he was just the perfect foil for him

I still think it's nuts a top 10-15 player in his relative prime misses the playoffs three consecutive seasons in a bad conference. Granted in 2015 he missed half the season, so I can excuse that.
I hear you...I just can't think of one that's been mismanaged to this level either

Man those Thuggets teams of the 2000's were some of my favorite to watch. They had an elite coach and they ran an up tempo free flowing offense. They were far from bad. When Melo left they were getting bad.

Man those Thuggets teams of the 2000's were some of my favorite to watch. They had an elite coach and they ran an up tempo free flowing offense. They were far from bad. When Melo left they were getting bad.

George Karl an elite coach? :rofl:. Maybe an elite *** hole

George Karl an elite coach? :rofl:. Maybe an elite *** hole

Don't let the team he coaches now jade your opinion he was coaching that Seattle team that went to the finals. He's a legendary NBA coach.

Don't let the team he coaches now jade your opinion he was coaching that Seattle team that went to the finals. He's a legendary NBA coach.

Im a bucks fan. Ive seen his work up close for multiple years. He may know xs and os but hes an idiot when it comes to anything else. Star players hate him. He traded prime ray allen for ******* washed gary peyton on an expiring contract. Ray said he would of been content playing in mil past his prime. :smh: melo couldnt stand him. Boogie cant stand him. Everywhere he goes trouble soon follows. Hes an egomaniac and imho an ***.

Watching the Lakers vs Nuggets playoff game from 2008 on NBA TV.

The Nuggets were really just a social experiment as how immature and low IQ a good team could be. :lol:

Melo was a hero in Denver for his efforts in getting those squads to the playoffs. Before Melo, the only time Nuggets fans like myself enjoyed playoff basketball was back when Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo got us past the Sonics.

Melo had guys like DerMar Johnson, Earl Boykins and Najera as teammates. YIKES
Good ole Najera but you cant forget Anthony Carter. I swear he had nudes of somebody in the organization, we always employed that man.

Kleiza under achieved tho

Man Carter sucked, only notable thing he did was punk Kobe one game

It's really crazy that Linas turned into a wing in college and the NBA. In high school he was LEGIT a big man and strictly played in the post.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised NBA TV ignored the 2009 team, but at the same time I am. I thought that group was better than the 2010 group, which they have pretty much focused on all day.

Back
Top Bottom