2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

View media item 2136044
"Spoken like a true clipper" had me dead :lol: :rofl:

The state of Los Angeles basketball :pimp:

Comments like this and that image of Chris Paul yelling at him on that putback a few years ago when he stopped playing because he heard the shot clock buzzer go off. When he could have won the game on a putback. This should tell anyone exactly where/what his mindset is when it comes to working on and making free throws.

you sounding like dude who hates Cousins for no reason now :lol:

Last edited:
Dipset gon Dipset.

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE manifesto growing by the day. Can't wait to see the "Old Core" shine.

Mozgoc
Yi
Deng

:smokin

38abd6f65d78647d25d21d151d5c437e.gif

Comments like this and that image of Chris Paul yelling at him on that putback a few years ago when he stopped playing because he heard the shot clock buzzer go off. When he could have won the game on a putback. This should tell anyone exactly where/what his mindset is when it comes to working on and making free throws.

how is his opinion on this a bad thing tho? In every other sport winning an Olympic Gold is such a great thing why cant he feel that way in basketball. Not everyone makes it to the NBA. Then from there not everyone makes it to team USA.

As much as he sucks he's still an improvement over our ex end of bench players like Sacre, Ryan Jelly, And soon to be Nick Young. 8 mil is a hefty price for him but it's a one year deal and they'll way more than make it back in chinese sales. Don't see the big deal one way or another

Just saw the Lakers scrapped up Yi Jianlian from the bargain bin in China,showtime back :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:

how is his opinion on this a bad thing tho? In every other sport winning an Olympic Gold is such a great thing why cant he feel that way in basketball. Not everyone makes it to the NBA. Then from there not everyone makes it to team USA.
There is no professional track league, or swimming league, or gymnastics league, or rowing league, etc.. So by default the Olympics is where the world's best individuals complete for the top honors.

Simply in basketball, the best players are in a league, the NBA, not the Olympics. When Kyrie said it, it came off as a politically correct thing to say, when Melo or DeAndre Jordan says it, it seems like they are just using it to make themselves seem more "decorated."

What legit MLB player would say "Hey I think a World Baseball Classic Championship, is the same as a World Series title." 
laugh.gif

Simply the NBA a collection of the world's BEST talent, the Olympics isn't. 3/4 of the NBA would be on other countries teams if the weren't American. Hell, Patty Mills is the Australian team leader, and the man is literally a role player in the NBA!  
laugh.gif

Quote:

There is no professional track league, or swimming league, or gymnastics league, or rowing league, etc.. So by default the Olympics is where the world's best individuals complete for the top honors.

Simply in basketball, the best players are in a league, the NBA, not the Olympics. When Kyrie said it, it came off as a politically correct thing to say, when Melo or DeAndre Jordan says it, it seems like they are just using it to make themselves seem more "decorated."

What legit MLB player would say "Hey I think a World Baseball Classic Championship, is the same as a World Series title." 
laugh.gif

Simply the NBA a collection of the world's BEST talent, the Olympics isn't. 3/4 of the NBA would be on other countries teams if the weren't American. Hell, Patty Mills is the Australian team leader, and the man is literally a role player in the NBA!  
laugh.gif
Said this a while back...but I'd bet good money guys like Ewing, Barkley, etc. would gladly trade in their gold medals for a nba chip.

What legit MLB player would say "Hey I think a World Baseball Classic Championship, is the same as a World Series title." :lol:

Simply the NBA a collection of the world's BEST talent, the Olympics isn't. 3/4 of the NBA would be on other countries teams if the weren't American. Hell, Patty Mills is the Australian team leader, and the man is literally a role player in the NBA!  :lol:

I don't know why this is so hard to understand :lol:

You play in a league that has the TOP PLAYERS IN THE WORLD. Yet, you think going against a few of those guys (mainly role players) on your super USA team consistenting of all-stars, superstars, etc. equates to the same thing?

Last edited:
That's the reason I don't think certain sports should be in the Olympics:

Men's basketball, men's soccer, tennis and golf shouldn't be there.. Also don't think baseball should be in (it's coming back for 2020), but I think softball should be in

For the athletes in the other sports if something were to happen to them injury wise it would be soul crushing, they've trained their heart out for that once every 4 years shot.. Those sports above most people involved don't really really care.. So focus on those sports where the Olympics is the pinnacle of their sport

Last edited:
That's the reason I don't think certain sports should be in the Olympics:

Men's basketball, men's soccer, tennis and golf shouldn't be there.. Also don't think baseball should be in (it's coming back for 2020), but I think softball should be in

For the athletes in the other sports if something were to happen to them injury wise it would be soul crushing, they've trained their heart out for that once every 4 years shot.. Those sports above most people involved don't really really care.. So focus on those sports where the Olympics is the pinnacle of their sport
Exactly. All of this.

Again it's easy to say coming from where you're sitting, but from where he is sitting this could mean more. I don't see why it's a big deal. And yes a guy who just won a ring a couple of months ago said the same thing. Certain accomplishments mean more to others than they do to you.

Again it's easy to say coming from where you're sitting, but from where he is sitting this could mean more. I don't see why it's a big deal. And yes a guy who just won a ring a couple of months ago said the same thing. Certain accomplishments mean more to others than they do to you.
It's not really a big deal. It just sounds stupid to say, I don't see how it's wrong to say that much about DJ's opinion. It really is stupid, but if that's how he feels so be it

What is the context of all these players talking about winning gold medals? They're probably just saying it so they don't **** all over the competition they're currently in. Every time the olympics roll around our stars speak very highly of the importance in winning a gold medal and what it means to them. Probably just easier to make fun of someone like Melo or DJ because of their situation in the NBA.

Last edited:
Hmm...so apparently Lebron made a similar comment back in 2007
“This is bigger. Being a part of the game on Sunday is the biggest thing for me, ever.

“When I got to the Finals, I thought that was big. But winning an NBA championship would never compare to winning a gold medal for my country.”
I'm going to go with these guys wanting to come across patriotic over the idea that they really believe this.

Last edited:
They only saying that for the PR.. People only care about Olympic basketball if some team is able to upset the US

Back
Top Bottom