2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

It's all downhill after 30 anyways.
Bruh it's not even living until you're in your 30's.

Before that it's all party and BS (stacking some change if you're not a slouch).

It doesn't get real real FUN until your in your 40's, and if you have kids, it gets even better, or you get that second wind once they're off to College and out of the house.

I mean being young is cool, was cool, but all that is just a set up for what comes later in LIFE.

And HBD Casper, hope you get topped off something special. ( Just make a trip to TREASURES before you leave HOUSTON if you won't get topped back home
wink.gif
)

Last edited:
My kid turns 18 the year I turn 40. My lady will be 38, soon as he goes away to school we gonna be smashing like Ving Rhames and Jodie moms.

Bruh it's not even living until you're in your 30's.

Before that it's all party and BS (stacking some change if you're not a slouch).

It doesn't get real real FUN until your in your 40's, and if you have kids, it gets even better, or you get that second wind once they're off to College and out of the house.

I mean being young is cool, was cool, but all that is just a set up for what comes later in LIFE.

And HBD Casper, hope you get topped off something special. ( Just make a trip to TREASURES before you leave HOUSTON if you won't get topped back home
wink.gif
)
to each they own man. i know a lot of people say ish like this to make themselves feel better but personally i dont want to get old dont look forward to it and i dont find enjoyment in getting older. cant do the same things as when your younger, body doesnt recover like it used to, you get slower , things ache and eventually ish breaks down. you really look forward to that? . i wish i could stay in my mid 20s body forever. just closer to death every year. no thanks , i know its inevitable , no ish right but naw cant say i look forward to it. 

Last edited:
I don't know man, like you said, to each their own. OLD is dope cause its dope, not cause it's a personal Pep Talk

Same as you say some ppl who say older is better say that to make themselves feel better, I think some ppl who want to be young forever didn't get complete fulfillment while young, or are not getting complete fulfillment as they age.

I want to be exactly where I am at, because I enjoy it, not because I'm stuck with it.
nthat.gif

Last edited:
thats cool if you feel like that . you rare if you truly feel like that.

getting wrinkled , losing hair , looking old, increase in  health problems, losing your vision , loss of hearing, having to take pills for you d to get hard.   . people dont normally want or look forward to that. its just we accept it because its inevitable cant sit around crying about it

. we make the best out of all our life stages. has nothing to do with fulfillment 

. people spend billions on procedures and products to look younger. scientist are trying to come up with ways to stop slow  or reverse aging. People dont normally want to or look forward to getting old. 

Last edited:

thats cool if you feel like that . you rare if you truly feel like that.

getting wrinkled , losing hair , looking old, increase in  health problems, losing your vision , loss of hearing, having to take pills for you d to get hard.   . people dont normally want or look forward to that. its just we accept it . we make the best out of all our life stages. has nothing to do with fulfillment 

. people spend billions on procedures and products to look younger. scientist are trying to come up with ways to stop slow  or reverse aging. People dont normally want to or look forward to getting old. 
be black

I've been in the best shape of my life from ages 22/23 - 25 (now). It will only go downhill from now....

Getting older is weird to me. I still feel young and do all the same ish, just more bills. I'm 30 but I broke my knees 4 times before I dunno like 25. I've only been getting stronger since then so I feel better than I ever did. Had gray hairs in middle school so it doesn't trip me out to see em now, still not sure I even have old man grays or if it's just the genetic inherited ones. Low key think I have less now than I used to on some Ben button steez.

It is funny making that transition to where young people are considered 'they' and you look at everyone as a kid :lol:. But for all yall dudes mid 20s talking bout how old you are, slap yourself. You sound dumb as hell :lol:

Getting older is weird to me. I still feel young and do all the same ish, just more bills. I'm 30 but I broke my knees 4 times before I dunno like 25. I've only been getting stronger since then so I feel better than I ever did. Had gray hairs in middle school so it doesn't trip me out to see em now, still not sure I even have old man grays or if it's just the genetic inherited ones. Low key think I have less now than I used to on some Ben button steez.

It is funny making that transition to where young people are considered 'they' and you look at everyone as a kid
laugh.gif
. But for all yall dudes mid 20s talking bout how old you are, slap yourself. You sound dumb as hell
laugh.gif
I used to always be the "young one", at work, on the basketball court, at family gatherings, everything. Now I go to work and there are fresh out of university colleagues and it still bothers me. First year I've been closer to 30 than I am to 20. Though I'm alright with my career thus far, ageing is such a scary thing man 
tired.gif

Yea I started school early and being the youngest was part of my identity. I had a phase in my early 20s where I feared getting older but I got over it. Kinda like what a-friend was talking about, just make sure you live it up and don't have any regrets. Shoot your shot and don't worry about mistakes, actually seek to make as many mistakes as you can. It's the only way you'll feel fulfilled. But seriously you got a good 10 years to live your same lifestyle man. Just enjoy it.

N I know my 30's gon be lit, my money trending up n I'm still preserving my sexy :pimp:

I'm 28, I was in better shape a few years ago ...but I got this big beard that the ho's luv now :pimp:

Last edited:
I'm dreading turning 30. Got a set of life goal targets that I basically gotta hit before 30 and it all goes to hell.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom