2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

Doug Martin at Dolphins
Abdullah at Bears
Marvin Jones at Bears
Dion Lewis at Raiders

0.5 PPR

I really think Dion Lewis might be the most reliable of the group right now and that the Patriots are going to put up 40+ points on the Raiders this weekend so I'm tempted to start him. But I also have watched the Dolphins get absolutely destroyed recently by RB's that aren't even that good so Doug COULD be a solid start.

I'd go Dion, Marvin then Abdullah.

I'm still torn on who to try and grab, Burkhead or Dion. I wanna add either for depth. Leaning Burkhead since it's PPR but still tempting for Lewis.

So i have to finally make an interesting decision.

Need three from:

Juju
Crabtree
Diggs
Dez

Honestly thinking of sitting Dez.

JuJu, Diggs & Crab.

https://www.rotoballer.com/do-not-cut-week-11-endgame-special/427188?src=jq_tabs_sb

Truth spoken :emoji_point_up_2:

Stretch Run Strategies

Be flexible in your roster and bench construction

If you’re anything like the average experienced fantasy owner, you probably have a particular way that you like to build your fantasy roster. One prime example of this is a disdain for holding more than one player at a ‘onesie’ position like quarterback, tight end, or defense. It’s generally more profitable to horde running backs and wide receivers than to carry that backup QB, TE, or Defense, but after the bye weeks, our benches are functionally deeper than they were before.

If you don’t have players at QB, TE, or Defense that you absolutely trust going forward, or that qualify as that slam-dunk, must-start, like Tom Brady, Travis Kelce, or Jacksonville, it’s okay to roster an extra player at one or more of these positions.

For example, maybe you’re currently carrying Jared Goff as your only QB. Then you notice that Ben Roethlisberger is sitting out there on the waiver wire due to his uncharacteristically slow start to the season. Jared Goff has a road date with Seattle in Week 15, whereas Big Ben gets a home contest with the New England Patriots. I concede, it’s very difficult to predict how these players will be ranked heading into what is likely the fantasy semifinals in your league, but if I’m deep at running back, I’m probably giving up on Matt Breida for Big Ben (assuming I don’t own Carlos Hyde). I'm shoring up what might be my starting quarterback position in the fantasy playoffs. There’s simply a better chance that Big Ben is going to start for me in Week 15 than Matt Breida.

On defense, maybe you love what you’ve been getting out of the Seahawks to this point of the season. On the other hand, looking at their fantasy playoff schedule, the matchups don’t look ideal. It’s ok to grab Detroit who have vs CHI and @ CIN in Weeks 15 and 16 to give yourself another option as, when the time comes, Seattle’s opponents are vs LAR, @ DAL over that same window.

Of course, when we fast forward to the fantasy playoffs, a lot may have changed. You may hold tight with Goff and Seattle, and that might very well be the play, but don’t shy away from giving yourself options because you’re stuck on the fantasy dogma that you never carry backups at these positions. When we hit the end of the season, different rules apply.

Don’t hand your opponent an asset

Perhaps you have streamlined your roster perfectly. You know who you’re going to start if everybody stays healthy. You know who you’re going to start even if you encounter a few unlucky injuries. You’ve identified a player or two on your roster who, though somewhat valuable, just isn’t going to crack your lineup. You don’t need him. Why hold him? Slow your roll for one moment.

Which teams from your league are you playing over the next couple of weeks? Maybe you have Tom Brady and will never start Derek Carr. Good for you. You know who doesn’t have Tom Brady? Your opponent. Our main focus is always going to be fielding the best roster we can, but our opponent’s roster matters too.

Do not cut any player that might immediately slide into your opponent’s starting lineup. This is easy to forget, but it can be just as important as any other decision you make as you approach the fantasy playoffs. Your opponent might be stuck with Case Keenum for his matchup against you in Week 12. Don’t hand him the quarterback that’s going to light it up against you.

Wait until Saturday or Sunday to make that drop

Expanding on the above, be aware of your leagues waiver settings. Know what day that you can drop a player that will ensure that he will remain unavailable to your opponents through the weekend. For most leagues, if you wait until Saturday, you can drop that player that might upgrade your opponent’s roster, and he will remain on waivers through the weekend.

If you can afford to wait to grab a kicker replacement for a bad weather game, or a handcuff or bench stash at running back, it’s definitely worth considering waiting until Saturday or Sunday to do so. It’s okay to drop a player that you don’t need as long as your opponent can’t claim him in time to use him against you.

What are you doing with all that FAAB?

Samaje Perine, in a vacuum, just isn’t worth 40% of your FAAB budget in most leagues. You never know what the future holds for a player and I don’t mean to begrudge Perine specifically, but my point is this: Every season, I’m astounded by how many teams in the thick of the playoff hunt are still sitting on 80% or more of their FAAB budget. I don’t know whether it’s a product of laziness, or just an irrational hope that a deus ex machina, season-savior is going to emerge in the final two weeks of the NFL calendar. Hey, it technically could happen, but if you’re still sitting on a wealth of FAAB money, or a high waiver priority, now is probably the time to be a bit more aggressive on the waiver wire.

As before, it’s not just about your own roster. Your FAAB-poor opponent might not know just what the heck he’s going to do at QB with Jacoby Brissett on bye and Marcus Mariota banged up heading into Week 11. If he’s got $10 of FAAB and Derek Carr is sitting out there, bid $11. And if you have needs of your own, don’t hesitate to break the bank. In most leagues, you can’t take that FAAB money with you. $40 on Samaje Perine might just be the move for you, even if it’s not what the generic expert advice says.

Doug Martin at Dolphins
Abdullah at Bears
Marvin Jones at Bears
Dion Lewis at Raiders

0.5 PPR

I really think Dion Lewis might be the most reliable of the group right now and that the Patriots are going to put up 40+ points on the Raiders this weekend so I'm tempted to start him. But I also have watched the Dolphins get absolutely destroyed recently by RB's that aren't even that good so Doug COULD be a solid start.

Is this a flex since you jave MJJ in there?

Id say Doug, Lewis, MJJ .. only reason i say Doug is because youre in PPR and hes #1 back. If it were standard id say Lewis.

So i have to finally make an interesting decision.

Need three from:

Juju
Crabtree
Diggs
Dez

Honestly thinking of sitting Dez.

Sit Dez, easy peasy

Is burkhead worth a waiver wire pick up ? I am currently 2nd in waiver wire

Lol see what i mean

Rest of season: Elliott or Butker

Elliott: DAL, CHI, SEA, LAR, NYG, OAK
Butker: NYG, BUG, NYJ, OAK, LAC, MIA

Both have nice FG schedules, dont think i could go wrong either way. One thing I do like later in the season is a slightly tougher defensive mathcup where offense can drive the field but have to settle for 3, vs 1 for PAT

Its rebuild szn in my keeper league. Gonna try to flip guys i wont keep like a cooks, Lmiller, demaryius as a package deal for a david johnson type player

Traded Thompson for Fitz

Owner had Jones (out), Collins, Hyde/JStew (bye).

Gives me AB, Woods, MJJ, Jeffery, and Fitz

Gonna see if I can flip MJJ for Howard now, which would give me Hunt, Gordon, Howard, T.Coleman, and Darkwa

If no go on Howard, i'll just add Lewis, Crowell, Drake, L.Murray or J.Williams

Juju smith has potential to put up OBJ numbers his rookie year..

If you look at their stats it is almost similar ...

If im not mistaken obj missed games also because he was hurt

Juju smith has potential to put up OBJ numbers his rookie year..

If you look at their stats it is almost similar ...

If im not mistaken obj missed games also because he was hurt

Man get your *** allllll the way outta here with that

Seferian-Jenkins is chilling on waiver right now.

Tempted to add b/c ASJ too good to be not rostered IMO but not sure who to drop.

Currently have Brate at TE and Olsen stashed on IR.

Worth it to drop Philip Rivers for ASJ? I have Cousins as my main QB. Seems like I should be safe to drop Rivers but don't wanna leave myself exposed at QB in case something happens to Cousins lol.

Rest of team:
QB: Cousins/Rivers
RB: Shady, Howard, Doug Martin, McKinnon, Darkwa, Mack, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, Keenan Allen, Fitzgerald, Robby Anderson, Doctson
DST: Ravens/Lions

Seferian-Jenkins is chilling on waiver right now.

Tempted to add b/c ASJ too good to be not rostered IMO but not sure who to drop.

Currently have Brate at TE and Olsen stashed on IR.

Worth it to drop Philip Rivers for ASJ? I have Cousins as my main QB. Seems like I should be safe to drop Rivers but don't wanna leave myself exposed at QB in case something happens to Cousins lol.

Rest of team:
QB: Cousins/Rivers
RB: Shady, Howard, Doug Martin, McKinnon, Darkwa, Mack, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, Keenan Allen, Fitzgerald, Robby Anderson, Doctson
DST: Ravens/Lions

Nah man you have no need for ASJ. He's not an upgrade over either of your TE's and Olsen comes back next week most likely.

Anyone think Gabbert is worth a stream Sunday vs Houston? :lol:
Streamed the passed two qbs they played and they came out big for me (Brissett and Goff).

Got Mariota on my bench but don't want to play him on a short week vs Pitt.

Missed out on guys like Burkhead and Ekeler off waivers :smh: managed to grab Dion Lewis as a FA when I woke up. Strictly a depth add anyway.

Thoughts on dropping Tarik Cohen for Burkhead? Or maybe pick up a WR instead?

My other RBs are Martin, Ajayi, Coleman, Zeke, Woodhead, and Darkwa

My WRs are Cooks, Jeffery, Richardson, Shephard

Thoughts on dropping Tarik Cohen for Burkhead? Or maybe pick up a WR instead?

My other RBs are Martin, Ajayi, Coleman, Zeke, Woodhead, and Darkwa

My WRs are Cooks, Jeffery, Richardson, Shephard

Drop Cohen yeah, he hasn't done anything since his outburst Week 2/3. I'd say grab Burk, but you could quicker use another WR.

Back
Top Bottom