2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

Drafted in my big money keeper league, ended up with

Qb: mariota, Big Ben
Rb: freeman(keeper), Gordon (keeper), marshawn, Burkhead
Wr: Antonio Brown, Jordy, Alshon Jefferey, devonta Parker, Tyrell Williams, Corey Coleman
Te: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron
Giants D
Kai forbath

Had a couple guys in our live draft vouching and even placing bets that's I'd take first and score most points on the season. I just hope my guys stay healthy and I make playoffs.

What do you guys think of my roster?

just like a handful in here. negotiating a trade.

my Zeke & Doug Baldwin for his...

David Johnson & Diggs.

My other wideouts are:

Keenan Allen
Jamison Crowder
Martavius Bryant

what you guys think?

That is a tough one man lol
I think I'd lean towards doing it just because I do think zeke will end up missing some games(not sure about the full 6). Diggs has produced when healthy also, even though doug is the better option there.

What is there to understand?

Why anyone else would care...There's also so many other factors that goes into one individual league that it's mostly meaningless to post a team without knowing the circumstances behind the league itself. It's mostly to get positive reinforcement...The real questions are in the: start ___ vs ___ .

Why anyone else would care...There's also so many other factors that goes into one individual league that it's mostly meaningless to post a team without knowing the circumstances behind the league itself. It's mostly to get positive reinforcement...The real questions are in the: start ___ vs ___ .
True, drafting a team is a small percentage of winning. You need to manage your team well throughout the season.

LOL at this thread title still being up.

Just did a draft where 11 running backs were kept and the entire first round of our draft (12 picks) were nothing but running backs. Zero rb is still king. LOL. Good luck with that draft strategy.

Passing TDs +4
INT -2
1pt per 25 yds

Andy Dalton vs Derek Carr

Who you taking? Derek Carr has the toughest schedule for QBs this year.

i wouldn't necessarily go zero RB but it is a good strategy to go for elite WRs over elite RBs in early rounds. by the end of the season all my starting RBs are off the waiver wire while at least 1-2 receivers are people I've drafted.

smaller league with shallow benches where people can't stockpile handcuffs.

ultimately it depends on taking the best player available in the first couple rounds. if it's a toss-up between a good RB and a good WR, then i could see erring on the side of the WR. i ended up drafting 3 RBs in the first 4 rounds because they were clearly the best players available each time.

Just did a draft where 11 running backs were kept and the entire first round of our draft (12 picks) were nothing but running backs. Zero rb is still king. LOL. Good luck with that draft strategy.

Minus a few backs a ton get over drafted. Now a days WRs are the way better pick

Yeah **** all that :lol: the only real starting RB value that's out there that could produce RB1 or high RB2 numbers if you wait is Doug Martin really. Not trying to have like Rawls, Blount and Theo Riddick as my RB's.

I'd like to see that draft board. I haven't heard of a first round like that since like 2005 :lol:.

RBs get hurt at a higher rate than WRs. RBs bust at a higher rate than WRs. RB workload has been decreasing over the past several years now. Those are all legitimate data points that have held true for the past 5+ years. If you're able to hit on your early round RBs then more power to you. But I'll continue to go WR heavy in the early rounds for the majority of my leagues until it no longer proves to be a viable strategy.

I'd like to see that draft board. I haven't heard of a first round like that since like 2005 :lol:.

RBs get hurt at a higher rate than WRs. RBs bust at a higher rate than WRs. RB workload has been decreasing over the past several years now. Those are all legitimate data points that have held true for the past 5+ years. If you're able to hit on your early round RBs then more power to you. But I'll continue to go WR heavy in the early rounds for the majority of my leagues until it no longer proves to be a viable strategy.

its also much more different in keeper leagues. if every team kept an RB then of course RB's will be valuable

just like a handful in here. negotiating a trade.

my Zeke & Doug Baldwin for his...

David Johnson & Diggs.

My other wideouts are:

what you guys think?

Cant go wrong with either Zeke or DJ (assuming Zeke's suspension gets dropped). But Diggs for Baldwin? Nahh

I hate Thursday games :frown:need Hunt & Kelce to have a strong start to my week 1.
Thursday games really do suck :lol:. I'm excited as hell for the season to kick off though and I don't think the opening night Thursday games are as terrible as the midseason short rest ones. We'll see though.

Thinking of starting Hunt against NE because it's week 1 lol. 50/50 chance he may have a decent game against the Pats.

I've never figured out why people post their teams without posted the type of league it is.

Back
Top Bottom