2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

won a few bucks today.

weed 3 LU.jpg

Hate that my Raiders got completely annihilated by the ******** but... Chris Thompson for the MFW!

Dude came in the clutch after Kareem Hunt was killin me

I'm up 0.65 going into MNF. He has Elliot left and I have Witten. I need to pull this one out.

Need your guys' opinions. Someone just proposed a trade:

I trade:
Cam Newton
Chris Carson
Travis Kelce

I receive:
Matthew Stafford
C.J. Anderson
Mohamed Sanu
Hunter Henry

Should I go through with it? I'm in a 10-man Standard League. My roster is:

QB: Kirk Cousins
RB: DeMarco Murray
RB: Chris Carson
WR: Julio Jones
WR: T.Y. Hilton
TE: Travis Kelce
Flex: Chris Hogan
DEF: Jaguars
Kicker: Dan Bailey
Bench: Cam Newton
Bench: Lamar Miller
Bench: Golden Tate
Bench: Kenny Golladay
Bench:Matt Forte
Bench: Allen Hurns
Bench: Austin Hooper

Last edited:
Need your guys' opinions. Someone just proposed a trade:

I trade:
Cam Newton
Chris Carson
Travis Kelce

I receive:
Matthew Stafford
C.J. Anderson
Mohamed Sanu
Hunter Henry

Should I go through with it? I'm in a 10-man Standard League. My roster is:

QB: Kirk Cousins
RB: DeMarco Murray
RB: Chris Carson
WR: Julio Jones
WR: T.Y. Hilton
TE: Travis Kelce
Flex: Chris Hogan
DEF: Jaguars
Kicker: Dan Bailey
Bench: Cam Newton
Bench: Lamar Miller
Bench: Golden Tate
Bench: Kenny Golladay
Bench:Matt Forte
Bench: Allen Hurns
Bench: Austin Hooper

Nahhh I like your team better as is. Carson is going to get all the carries in Seattle...literally no other RB there is even getting snaps now besides Prosise on some passing downs. I think Carson is going to have a big game at home against the Colts on SNF next week. And then you give up the second best TE in the league too? Nah.

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bears/why-bears-fing-loved-what-jordan-howard-showed-them-sunday

Howard, who NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported has a sprained AC joint in his shoulder, was clearly playing through pain against Pittsburgh. He was helped off the field multiple times by trainers and was trying to protect his banged-up shoulder on some of his runs in the second half. But he quickly returned to the game after those scares, which was not lost on the guys leading the way for him.

“He’s tough,” right guard Kyle Long said, emphasizing the word tough. “And toughness is something that’s talked about in football a lot, but Jordan Howard’s tough. He really is.”

“He’s a f***ing soldier, man,” right tackle Bobby Massie said. “He was a Pro Bowler for a reason.”

“F***ing loved it,” left tackle Charles Leno Jr. said. “I loved it. It showed that he cared and wanted to be out there for us, and it made me go harder. I just told him that — it made me want to block for him extra hard. And when he does that and he shows that courageousness, man, comes out there and keeps battling back after we know he’s hurting, I’m going to give it everything I got for that guy.”

The Bears’ offensive line (and tight ends and wide receivers, it should be said) continually opened up lanes for Howard despite the Steelers knowing what was coming. Mike Glennon and the Bears’ passing attack didn’t stretch the field and only saw one wide receiver catch a pass (Deonte Thompson about halfway through the fourth quarter), but no matter how much the Steelers schemed to play the run, Howard kept hitting creases and getting into the second level, where he’s at his most effective.

“He’s a tough son of a gun,” coach John Fox said. “The more you have of those, the better off you are and the better chances you have to win.”

Howard finished with 138 yards on 23 carries — an average of six yards per attempt — after only gaining 59 yards on 20 carries in his first two games of the season. His walk-off touchdown was a fitting end to This was a reminder, as Massie said, of why Howard was a Pro Bowler and the NFL’s second-leading rusher last year — even as he wasn't at 100 percent.

“Sometimes I was hurt pretty bad,” Howard said. “I didn’t feel like I could finish. But Benny Cunningham, he kept pushing me through, and my coach, and I just saw my team – they kept fighting, so I had to keep playing.”

Sooooo can Howard be trusted again going forward or is this AC join sprain going to be a significant issue?

My best week yet (by far). Bell and McCaffrey both showed up. Matt Prater had 19!

And yet I play against Tom Brady (35 pts) and TY Hilton (25).

SMH.

Man after this week you have to start him and they got GB thursday!

That's why I'm asking now early in the week. The way my luck has gone this season tho (0-3 :smh:) I'm gonna start him and he's going to exit the game.

GB not stopping the run this season?

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bears/why-bears-fing-loved-what-jordan-howard-showed-them-sunday

Sooooo can Howard be trusted again going forward or is this AC join sprain going to be a significant issue?

That **** hurts like a ***** for a long time. It's really going to just be a pain management issue for him. It's not going to get any better this season unless he sits out for a little bit. It killed me in basketball just trying to lift my arm up to shoot, I couldn't imagine constantly getting helmets pounded on it by people trying to knock my *** out.

That **** hurts like a ***** for a long time. It's really going to just be a pain management issue for him. It's not going to get any better this season unless he sits out for a little bit. It killed me in basketball just trying to lift my arm up to shoot, I couldn't imagine constantly getting helmets pounded on it by people trying to knock my *** out.

Damn. He balled out tho, major props for finishing the way he did.

Question is do I rock with him or try and find anyone to trade him to? :emoji_thinking: I have Hunt, Henry & Kamara as well.

Damn. He balled out tho, major props for finishing the way he did.

Question is do I rock with him or try and find anyone to trade him to? :emoji_thinking: I have Hunt, Henry & Kamara as well.

I would probably offer him up in trades for a RB of equal value and see what happens. Besides the injury Cohen is just really good too so he's gonna get his snaps. Right now the Bears look like they play really well at home and awful on the road. If they get down by a lot of points you know Cohen is gonna be in there catching the ball. They're playing on a short week this week and playing in Green Bay...I think I have a good idea of how that's going to play out.

Set the weekly points record in my keeper league :pimp:.

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 9.48.10 AM.png

Gonna go 4-0 this week across my four leagues. Best week I've had in awhile.

I would probably offer him up in trades for a RB of equal value and see what happens. Besides the injury Cohen is just really good too so he's gonna get his snaps. Right now the Bears look like they play really well at home and awful on the road. If they get down by a lot of points you know Cohen is gonna be in there catching the ball. They're playing on a short week this week and playing in Green Bay...I think I have a good idea of how that's going to play out.

Hmm I'm going to take all that into account, repped. I may need WR too tho :smh: with Kelvin going down.

Back
Top Bottom