Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He can't be better defensively playing 45 mins a game
But he was bad defensively from the tip lol back doors, blow by's, just rudimentary stuff that screams a lack of effort / too casual.

But you're right. I think you saw me say this in the playoff thread, but if the cavs best possible scenario of beating the Warriors is to have LBJ play 45 minutes then...good luck with that
laugh.gif

klay's footwork on defense is ridiculous. doesn't cheat on defense or reach, just beats his man to the spot. how tf did he make Kevin love look like a 6'2 point guard??

He really works hard on that end and does his work early. I enjoy watching him defend when he's locked in.

klay's footwork on defense is ridiculous. doesn't cheat on defense or reach, just beats his man to the spot. how tf did he make Kevin love look like a 6'2 point guard??
That coverage on Love was really crazy, I've never seen someone stay that close without fouling.  Like you said he beat his man to the spot every time and never let himself get baited into contact.

No one can stop KD, but LBJ can be better defensively to give the Cavs a better shot. It's more about team defense anyway, but initial individual defense has to be good enough to allow your team defense to have an effect.

Yup touched on this in the Boston series.

You want him to get you near 30 ppg while being your #1 facilitator on offense while guarding a historically elite prolific & efficient scorer AND playing 45 out 48 mins? In his 14th season?

Unrealistic. That is a much taller task than anything Jordan Kobe Wade etc were asked to do. Jordan in particular was fortunate because Scottie could run the offense and D up whoever.

Bron can get short "breathers" whenever Iguodala comes in but youre still being unrealistic in what you're asking him to do. One or multiple areas will inevitably suffer. Last night: turnovers and spotty defense.

Last edited:
No one can stop KD, but LBJ can be better defensively to give the Cavs a better shot. It's more about team defense anyway, but initial individual defense has to be good enough to allow your team defense to have an effect.

You want him to get you near 30 ppg while being your #1 facilitator on offense while guarding a historically elite prolific & efficient scorer AND playing 45 out 48 mins? In his 14th season?

Unrealistic. That is a much taller task than anything Jordan Kobe Wade etc were asked to do. Jordan in particular was fortunate because Scottie could run the offense and D up whoever.

Bron can get short "breathers" whenever Iguodala comes in but youre still being unrealistic in what you're asking him to do. One or multiple areas will inevitably suffer. Last night: turnovers and spotty defense.

definitely agree; and I think a lot of folk who have dubs winning in 4 or 5 believed that lebron's game would suffer because he plays every role on the cavs. dude is one of the greatest two way players in history but you could tell playing 40 minutes a game against this team will wear on him defensively. by the third quarter, KD was getting into the paint at will against bron. i've never seen him just get punked and look so damn pedestrian on defense in a long time.

the fact that no one on that roster plays sound defense, whether it be man-to-mean, off ball, or switching on screens makes it look even worse. how many times were they vulnerable to back door cuts last nite while ball watching the man bron was defending? but beyond personnel, a lot of that has to do with coaching. Lue's stuck playing checkers

rather than having him bring the ball up, i wonder if they have kyrie be the main ball handler while setting off ball picks to get steph consistently switched onto bron closer to the basket.

Last edited:
If GSW are going to stick to their regular roations, the Cavs have to punish that second unit to force them to bring KD & Steph back in the game sooner

That 5 minute stretch at the start of the 2nd Quarter was so crucial to the Warriors victory. They kept the lead and get rest for their starters. I don't even think those guys saw minites again until the game was out of reach

If GSW are going to stick to their regular roations, the Cavs have to punish that second unit to force them to bring KD & Steph back in the game sooner

That 5 minute stretch at the start of the 2nd Quarter was so crucial to the Warriors victory. They kept the lead and get rest for their starters. I don't even think those guys saw minites again until the game was out of reach
GSW second unit defense is pretty good though
Good look to the Cavs lol

QFT.

I know this is the Finals thread, but when I made a similar comment about how Kawhi's defense was terrible this year (to his standards), because he had such a larger offensive workload and needed to conserve energy for offense, I was flamed for it.   Just funny to me.

Vegas is about to have their way with a lot of you in here.

Warriors scored 21 points off of the Cavs 20 TO's ( Warriors won by 22)

Warriors out scored the Cavs in the paint by 26 points

Lebron had under 30 points.

The Cavs are going to win this series because all of those are anomalies on the Cavs end

Last edited:

The Cavs are going to win this series
I dont agree with this in the slightest bit.  The Cavs were and are ridiculously heavy underdogs.  There is no money to be made betting on GSW to win the series because of the amount of money you would have to lay down to win anything.  IF the Cavs win this series like you believe they will, they will have to payout all the people who made Cavs bets.  And with the odds of the Cavs winning the series before it started (3 to 1ish) to the odds the Cavs win the series now (5.5 to 1ish), Vegas is going to lose a lot of money if the Cavs pull it off.

(By the way, your analysis on why the Cavs will win is pretty comical.)

I dont agree with this in the slightest bit.  The Cavs were and are ridiculously heavy underdogs.  There is no money to be made betting on GSW to win the series because of the amount of money you would have to lay down to win anything.  IF the Cavs win this series like you believe they will, they will have to payout all the people who made Cavs bets.  And with the odds of the Cavs winning the series before it started (3 to 1ish) to the odds the Cavs win the series now (5.5 to 1ish), Vegas is going to lose a lot of money if the Cavs pull it off.

I just listed 3 facts from last nights game. Do with them what you will

The Cavs are going to win this series because all of those are anomalies on the Cavs end
"Anamolies." :rofl:

It was the Warriors' defense that gave them the win. They outplayed the Cavs on the defense end no matter how you slice it.

That's why ppl who wanted to bet on GSW should of done it prior to game 1. Everyone was IMO way too favorable in regards to how close they had these two teams. Naturally if you look at the spread for game 2 now, and for the entire series, it's like -450 and -500 as opposed to it being like -220ish prior to game 1.

And all those missed wide open jumpers by the Warriors are anomalies also.

The Cavs being bad on defense isn't an anomaly. They have no chance.

If you feel this strongly, place a bet somewhere and get some extra bread from it. Cavs are even more of an underdog now than they were before the series began lol  +325 for game 2 and about the same for the series right now.

I just listed 3 facts from last nights game. Do with them what you will
What caused the Cavs' turnovers? Defense.
What gave the Warriors those 26 points in the paint? Lack of defense.
Why did Lebron score under 30 points? Defense.

That coverage on Love was really crazy, I've never seen someone stay that close without fouling.  Like you said he beat his man to the spot every time and never let himself get baited into contact.
Every time I pressed people like that, they would burn the **** out of me once they hit their stride. Amazing footwork.

If you feel this strongly, place a bet somewhere and get some extra bread from it. Cavs are even more of an underdog now than they were before the series began lol  +325 for game 2 and about the same for the series right now.
I got the Cavs at +550 on my book to win the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom