• Cleveland Cavaliers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has that slysniper dude posted at all during this series? 
laugh.gif

Tim Duncan is such a trip to me, man. What he accomplished in the first 7 years of his career (in the modern era) is absolutely insane....and doesn't get talked about a lot. Truly, on Par with Magic....just 17 years later.

20 & 10 All Star, ALL NBA FIRST TEAM as a rookie
Finals MVP his 2nd year
League MVP his 5th year
League MVP his 6th year
Finals MVP his 6th year
Finals MVP his 7th year

That's just insane man :lol:. Imagine if LeBron did that. Hell, imagine if any perimeter player did that.

I'm sleep though.

Last edited:
I have no idea what criteria y'all are using. Sustained excellence + accolades + chips is what I'm using and by that measure Wavy had a perfect list. Duncan and Shaq ran the late early-mid 2000s, Kobe the mid-late 2000s, and Bron overall the beginning to mid 2010s.

Kobe 05-10. Keep it a buck. Those early teams were awful but he was putting up ridiculous numbers. Against everybody.

99-04 Shaq
04-07 Duncan
07-08 KG

08-09 Kobe
09-10 Bron

10-11 Dirk
11-17 Bron/James Jones*
17-til KD & Steph

laugh.gif

I have no idea what criteria y'all are using. Sustained excellence + accolades + chips is what I'm using and by that measure Wavy had a perfect list. Duncan and Shaq ran the late early-mid 2000s, Kobe the mid-late 2000s, and Bron overall the beginning to mid 2010s.

Exactly.

Kobe 05-10. Keep it a buck. Those early teams were awful but he was putting up ridiculous numbers. Against everybody.
Why y'all even wasting your time with them [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

99-04 Shaq
04-07 Duncan
07-08 KG

08-09 Kobe
09-10 Bron

10-11 Dirk
11-17 Bron/James Jones*
17-til KD & Steph

laugh.gif
your first list made more sense. dont think the lebron era started till after 11... he was a top 5 player but not clearly the best in the game any of those years...i also dont ever think kg was the best player in the l at any point in his career . subjective tho , yeah i know. 

Last edited:
The teams featuring Shaq and Duncan were PROBLEMS for the league in the era Wavy listed.

The mid-late 2000s, we, the Lakers, were not a problem for the league. One of those years we missed the playoffs for the first time in forever by having the 5th worst Lakers record ever, and another year we were basically 50/50 and out in the first round after being up 3-1.

In no way was Kobe crushing the league and our squad was a problem for the league for as long a time as Wavy tried to sell.

Minus Wade too.

Not to mention Bosh is questionable.

These guys getting too old to seriously be an answer to this Warriors team.
Bron didn't have a dad so it's kinda expected that he is a little emotional and insecure. Def seems like an overall good dude though.

Y'all some weirdos man.
Its not weird :lol: Its straight up disrespect.

Bron hasnt been best for no 10 yrs. Yall wilin fam. 2012 at the earliest. Hell he didnt even grow the nuts to get in the post until 2012. Stop it 5. Dude was still passing up the last shot of games.

Although..he didnt really ever stop doing that..

99-04 Shaq
04-07 Duncan
07-08 KG

08-09 Kobe
09-10 Bron

10-11 Dirk
11-17 Bron/James Jones*
17-til KD & Steph

laugh.gif
your first list made more sense. dont think the lebron era started till after 11... he was a top 5 player but not clearly the best in the game any of those years...i also dont ever think kg was the best player in the l at any point in his career . subjective tho , yeah i know. 
Nah, I love the discussion. I had thought about KG originally but went with Duncan for a longer stretch, then when I saw someone mention Duncan, I thought "Yeah, maybe he should be on there." So I put the 08 championship year.

The NBA is so different nowadays. I think Kevin Love was the tallest guy to step on the court the whole game and when he's not there, KD is the tallest guy on the court.

Some spurts, LeBron was the tallest guy for his team, and he's bringing the ball up. Literally 5 guys on the perimeter and no one is inside.

Last edited:
Bron hasnt been best for no 10 yrs. Yall wilin fam. 2012 at the earliest. Hell he didnt even grow the nuts to get in the post until 2012. Stop it 5. Dude was still passing up the last shot of games.

Although..he didnt really ever stop doing that..
really what does that matter though. shaq might of been the most dominant big man we've seen yet was a liability when the game was on the line.

just not his game.

i do agree that lbj  wasnt the clear cut best in the world till after the 10s. 

'99-'03 - Shaq

'03-'07 - Duncan & Kobe

'07-'10- Kobe

'11-'17 - Lebron & KD

'17-til - KD & Steph

Last edited:
Bean was the only player in the league to make All NBA 1st team and All NBA Defense 1st team from 06-10. Gets an MVP, 2 scoring titles, 2 rings, 2 Finals MVPs yet wasn't the best for that stretch? Wash ya faces.

Last edited:
The teams featuring Shaq and Duncan were PROBLEMS for the league in the era Wavy listed.

The mid-late 2000s, we, the Lakers, were not a problem for the league. One of those years we missed the playoffs for the first time in forever by having the 5th worst Lakers record ever, and another year we were basically 50/50 and out in the first round after being up 3-1.

In no way was Kobe crushing the league and our squad was a problem for the league for as long a time as Wavy tried to sell.

He was giving teams 40 nightly tho. Tons of buckets to get wins. He had sewage as teammates. Plus he played in the west. Not locked he played against the weak east night in and night out. He was still the best player but there were also great players on better teams.

Bean was the only player in the league to make All NBA 1st team and All NBA Defense 1st team from 06-10. Gets an MVP, 2 scoring titles, 2 rings, 2 Finals MVPs yet wasn't the best for that stretch? Wash ya faces.
All that needs to be said.

And to not have MVP in some of those years is just downright laughable, yet folks think the "rules just changed recently" for Russ.

Man the rules aren't even rules, MVP is a crock no matter what *rules you want to assign it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom