• Cleveland Cavaliers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, you can't even do this hypothetical because no one has any idea what team or teammates he would be playing with out west.

The point I'm making is that the Finals record argument is BS. 3 rings is 3 rings. At the very least, we know he'd have 3 rings if he played in the West (potentially more when accounting for what his actual team makeup would be as opposed to his Miami and Cleveland teams).

These dude clamoring for him to play in the West might be a situation that would have potentially worked in Lebron's advantage :lol:

It makes for a better Lebron story.

Nah, bosh was legit, he wasn't no duncan, kg but he was a great player, his career numbers would've looked better if he didn't join the heat. His bad finals performances don't make him look good so the younger heads who didn't see him at Toronto might not think highly of him.

You bugging. I'd rather go to the finals 10 times and lose them all then not go at all.
But finals losses do matter. I mean no one regards the Buffalo bills as one of the best teams ever in football cause they went to 4 in a row. Your kidding yourself if you say finals losses don't matter.
There is a reason most of the dudes who are regarded as goats of the game have a gang of rings.

So losing before the Finals is ok but losing in the Finals is a knock on your legacy?

How Sway?! :lol:

It's always been that way. Why y'all acting brand new? MJ went out in the 1st rd repeatedly but is 6-0 and is still the GOAT. Once you get to that stage you better win more than you lose.

Last edited:
It's always been that way. Why y'all acting brand new? MJ went out in the 1st rd repeatedly but is 6-0 and is still the GOAT. Once you get to that stage you better win more than you lose.

Just because it's been that way doesn't make it acceptable and doesn't mean it's a credible narrative.

So let me get this straight: if Lebron knew that he was an underdog and was going to lose this years Finals, y'all would have been cool with him conceding the ECF to Boston and taking that L?

Y'all would have rocked with that?

Early 2000s the WCF were the real Finals. Them Blazers, Spurs and Kings teams were loaded.

So we're awarding "almost" champions now? Mediocracy?

"B-b-but he got to the finals 8 times! Who cares if he only won 3! He was still there!"

You not gonna brag about going to the club 8 times and leaving with a *** only 3 times and think you doing something :rofl:

LMAO are they really trying to say 2001 Sixers and 2002 Nets were a challenge? Those were two of the most garbage teams to EVER make the NBA Finals. The only reason the Sixers even won one game was because of MVP AI but they literally stood little no chance of making that series competitive.

Who in the east during that time was ever a competition against Shaq and Lakers? (besides Pistons ofcourse)

"B-b-but he got to the finals 8 times! Who cares if he only won 3! He was still there!"

You not gonna brag about going to the club 8 times and leaving with a *** only 3 times and think you doing something :rofl:

Absolutely atrocious analogy. Where is Shoeking to tell him to start over? :lol:

That first sentence :smh:

I don't think anyone is saying this, they are saying why is making it further worse than losing the first round or not even making the playoffs.

Last edited:
Come into this thread and see perimeter bias and Tim Duncan disrespect :smh:. Again, I'll leave this here.

Tim Duncan is such a trip to me, man. What he accomplished in the first 7 years of his career (in the modern era) is absolutely insane....and doesn't get talked about a lot. Truly, on Par with Magic....just 17 years later.

20 & 10 All Star, ALL NBA FIRST TEAM as a rookie
Finals MVP his 2nd year
League MVP his 5th year
League MVP his 6th year
Finals MVP his 6th year
Finals MVP his 7th year

That's just insane man :lol:. Imagine if LeBron did that. Hell, imagine if any perimeter player did that.

I'm sleep though.

If ANY perimeter player that was seen as the next GOAT did what Duncan did in their first 7 years....they'd be hailed non stop.

Just because it's been that way doesn't make it acceptable and doesn't mean it's a credible narrative.

So let me get this straight: if Lebron knew that he was an underdog and was going to lose this years Finals, y'all would have been cool with him conceding the ECF to Boston and taking that L?

Y'all would have rocked with that?

The majority would have rocked with it or do you forget how he was crowned the 1st time in Cleveland even though he was losing to Orlando and Boston as the #1 seed. It didn't affect him nearly as much as that series against Dallas 2011 did. The stakes are at their highest in the Finals you have more to gain and to lose.

When the last time you heard anyone refer to Magic as a 9 time Western conference champion?

Come into this thread and see perimeter bias and Tim Duncan disrespect :smh:. Again, I'll leave this here.
If ANY perimeter player that was seen as the next GOAT did what Duncan did in their first 7 years....they'd be hailed non stop.
other then magic Kareem and Jordan... I have duncan up next.dude is so disrespected. He's better then Kobe and LeBron

I'm a weirdo and I'm proud of it [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
Because it is the NBA FINALS. It's not the NBA 1st Round, it's not the NBA 2nd Round, it's not the NBA Conference Finals. It's all about the NBA FINALS

He got plenty of respek. His personality just didn't lend him to be elevated to say Shaq's level even though Tim had more accomplishments. That's been the history of pretty much all big men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom