• Cleveland Cavaliers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That meme is awful. It's giving Jordan credit for playing against the run TMC Warriors. Dikembe's Hawks were never a factor.

All kinds of reaching.

Let's give Kobe credit for friggin Vince Carter, but not mention LeBron playing the KG/Pierce/Ray/Rondo Celtics. :rofl:

Who's responsible for that graphic, sea manup?

Come into this thread and see perimeter bias and Tim Duncan disrespect :smh:. Again, I'll leave this here.
If ANY perimeter player that was seen as the next GOAT did what Duncan did in their first 7 years....they'd be hailed non stop.

I rock with this [emoji]128175[/emoji]

Taking it a step further, rings, mvps and stats aside, shaq is the most dominant player I have ever seen play. Him catching the ball in or near the point was the scariest thing for opposing teams. Cmon dude birthed the hack-a-shaq :smh:

Imagined if shaq had a great work ethic and didn't get fat. Dude could of been goat.
He has easily been the most dominant I've seen. Changed the game cause of him

Last edited:
To be fair Jim Kelly went to the Super Bowl 4 times and it kinda doesn't do anything for him

It's hilarious because there are worse QBs whom have won SBs. Dan Marino, by far, is the best QB to have never won a SB ad not having a ring has ruined his legacy (except that Dolphins fans will try to argue otherwise).

I like how people think this is exclusive to basketball. Joe Montana played more than 4 years in the NFL correct? That means he went out early quite a few times no? But before Brady won this last chip Joe was considered the GOAT by most. Why is that? He only made it to the Super Bowl 4 times and Brady pre-Atlanta was there 6. One was 4-0. One was 4-2. Similar thing.

Bron is the only one that gets elevation but really not having the amount of success as those he's compared against on the biggest stage in the game.

Last edited:
I like how people think this is exclusive to basketball. Joe Montana played more than 4 years in the NFL correct? That means he went out early quite a few times no? But before Brady won this last chip Joe was considered the GOAT by most. Why is that? He only made it to the Super Bowl 4 times and Brady pre-Atlanta was there 6. One was 4-0. One was 4-2. Same thing.
majority make the rules... I may not agree with them but they do.

Last edited:
Let's give Kobe credit for friggin Vince Carter, but not mention LeBron playing the KG/Pierce/Ray/Rondo Celtics. :rofl:

Vince Carter used to give Kobe the BUSINESS. I know he's just a role player now but let's show Half Man Half Amazing some respect here

No. It's the logic that because he made it 8 times, despite only winning 3, he's still in the GOAT convo with guys like Kobe, Jordan etc.

So again I'll ask: If he played in the West and only got out of the West 3 times but won the final all 3 times, that's better than playing in the East, getting to the final 8 times and winning 3 times?

That means that he lost 5 times in the West. Logically, how is that a better look for his legacy? I seriously want to understand the logic behind that one.

So we're awarding "almost" champions now? Mediocracy?

"B-b-but he got to the finals 8 times! Who cares if he only won 3! He was still there!"

You not gonna brag about going to the club 8 times and leaving with a *** only 3 times and think you doing something :rofl:

Leaving with a woman 3/8 nights you go out is actually pretty good (assuming they are all attractive).

Losing in Finals appearances only negatively affect you, if your are in debates about be the best at a position, era, or all time and if you have a losing record in said appearances.

No. It's the logic that because he made it 8 times, despite only winning 3, he's still in the GOAT convo with guys like Kobe, Jordan etc.

But he's definitely in the GOAT discussion. That's not even up for debate.
Basketball is a team sport and if it's all about rings. Bill Russell is the greatest.
You'd rather get knocked out in the 1st round vs going to the finals? How is that logical?

So again I'll ask: If he played in the West and only got out of the West 3 times but won the final all 3 times, that's better than playing in the East, getting to the final 8 times and winning 3 times?

That means that he lost 5 times in the West. Logically, how is that a better look for his legacy? I seriously want to understand the logic behind that one.
irrelevant. If he was 5 of 8 he would be elevated even in the east...hell he may end up 5 of 4 in the finals and that will elevate him. I don't think it's over this year.

For the most part finals wins elevate you and losses are Knocks whether you agree or not . How many times have we heard someone say if he wins this year he's "goat". That's just how it is don't get why the concept is so hard to understand .
Can't have it both ways where wins elevate you but losses mean nothing.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule. LeBron is the exception most likely.

Last edited:
That meme is awful. It's giving Jordan credit for playing against the run TMC Warriors. Dikembe's Hawks were never a factor.

All kinds of reaching.

You would've liked the conversation last night :lol:

I rock with this [emoji]128175[/emoji]

Taking it a step further, rings, mvps and stats aside, shaq is the most dominant player I have ever seen play. Him catching the ball in or near the point was the scariest thing for opposing teams. Cmon dude birthed the hack-a-shaq
mean.gif
I say this all the time.  Lebron, Kobe, Tim Duncan are all great, but Shaq had people doubling him before he touched the ball.  If the dude werent so lazy I dont know that we would be talking about Jordan or Lebron as potentially being the GOAT right now.

3-0 would be better mainly because of the competition he'd be facing to actually get to the Finals. Having an unblemished record with multiple chips will always look better than having the same amount of chips with a losing record overall.

You can't just count the wins and ignore the losses. It's counter intuitive.

irrelevant. If he was 5 of 8 he would be elevated even in the east...hell he may end up 5 of 4 in the finals and that will elevate him. I don't think it's over this year.

Finals wins elevate you and losses are Knocks whether you agree or not. That's just how it is don't get why the concept is so hard to understand.

So if he lost to Boston in the ECF, knowing he was going to lose to GS in the Finals, y'all cool with that? That's not a knock against him correct?

So if he lost to Boston in the ECF, knowing he was going to lose to GS in the Finals, y'all cool with that? That's not a knock against him correct?
I'm not on the id rather not make the finals then lose in them boat... I'm just saying winning in them and losing matters.

3-0 would be better mainly because of the competition he'd be facing to actually get to the Finals. Having an unblemished record with multiple chips will always look better than having the same amount of chips with a losing record overall.

You can't just count the wins and ignore the losses. It's counter intuitive.
I think people are mainly saying that if you lose before the finals, you still lost.

When you say the record out loud yeah it sounds worse and it will always be a knock against him, but it is kind of dumb.

But on the flip side people use how many times he has been to the finals as an indicator of greatness.  

In the end though, its better to lose in the finals than earlier.  At least at that point you can get there an have a shot at winning the whole thing.  Nobody outside of a few hopeful cavs fans had the Cavs winning last year.  The opportunity to have the chance is always greater than the opportunity to not.

Vince Carter used to give Kobe the BUSINESS. I know he's just a role player now but let's show Half Man Half Amazing some respect here

They matched up twice a year. He played in the East his whole career until he was almost 34. They've never met in the playoffs. That graphic is still really weird and dumb.

Finals wins elevate you and losses are Knocks whether you agree or not. That's just how it is don't get why the concept is so hard to understand.

Nobody and I mean NOBODY says

Lebron record is: 3-3-and one elminiation in the ECF (for example)

The only numbers that will matter 20 years from now (as we see with the argument for Jordan being the GOAT) is the finals record, which is why the whole 6 rings, never lost in the finals, 6-for-6 arguments are as valid as ever even today

Come into this thread and see perimeter bias and Tim Duncan disrespect :smh:. Again, I'll leave this here.

Tim Duncan is such a trip to me, man. What he accomplished in the first 7 years of his career (in the modern era) is absolutely insane....and doesn't get talked about a lot. Truly, on Par with Magic....just 17 years later.

20 & 10 All Star, ALL NBA FIRST TEAM as a rookie
Finals MVP his 2nd year
League MVP his 5th year
League MVP his 6th year
Finals MVP his 6th year
Finals MVP his 7th year

That's just insane man :lol:. Imagine if LeBron did that. Hell, imagine if any perimeter player did that.

I'm sleep though.

If ANY perimeter player that was seen as the next GOAT did what Duncan did in their first 7 years....they'd be hailed non stop.
the reason why is because it's Tim Duncan and the Spurs. His personality and that team doesn't attract media attention. If his personality was a lot more out there, the media would be praising him a lot more. On the other side of the coin, the reason why perimeter players would be praised is because perimeter players putting up 20/10/6-7 assist is impressive because seeing a smaller player put in that work on the boards is more impressive than watching a dude 7' barely jumping for a rebound.

Still though TimmyD is one of the greats he is just lowkey.

It's not an indicator of greatness because the east has been garbage :x :smh: that's all we saying

Idc if he 3-8 3-0 whatever. East is garbage.

They matched up twice a year. He played in the East his whole career until he was almost 34. They've never met in the playoffs. That graphic is still really weird and dumb.

I saw Wade on there too :lol: Mutumbo, Robinson, Drexler?

What the **** is going on?

Last edited:
So back to the actual Finals....Bron said that its not the Cavs game to slow the game down.  Ok, thanks sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom