2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason the other day I was thinking about the trade that sent Kendrick Perkins and Nate Robinson to OKC :lol:

Name these flaws that Oladipo has.

It's his inconsistency. Dude completely disappears from the game at times even when he's playing with the second unit. With his athleticism there's no reason he shouldn't drive and get to the line more often.

Edit: Just looked it up, Oladipo is 196th in FTA per 36 minutes. That's even lower than Eric Gordon and we know he never comes inside the 3pt line.

Last edited:
Particularly against Houston Vic needs to come off the bench to anchor the 2nd unit. Unless he's hurt Billy needs to play

Russ
Roberson
McBuckets
Taj
Adams

Kanter
Vic
Grant

Should be the rotation but this dude still playing Christian. :smh:

what type of guys would you surround russ?
there's some talent on that okc team but do their skills coincide with how russ plays. do you need all 3/d guys that doesn't need the ball in their hands? a true pg to play along so russ doesn't have to handle so much?

i'm watching the gm and thinking Presti has a ton of work to do. Russ cant continue to ball this hard for the remainder of his contract and thunder still being stuck in first rd exit mode

Last edited:
My whole argument was that Dipo didn't fit well next to Westbrook. He's a guy that was better with the ball in his hands in Orlando, hence why he and Payton didn't work out together.

I always thought he's better suited being put in a position to make plays rather than playing off the ball. That's why I never understood the move to pair him with Russ. He actually should be with a team that will allow him to showcase those skills more often.

Well they had the two prefect guys in Ibaka and KD next to him :lol:. But if he's going to be the guy at the very least you need two shooters out on the floor. I know he won't go there but JJ Redick would fit perfectly next to him. If Sabonis can continue to develop he can be that outlet when Russ penetrates and kinda has to be since they're strapped for cap space.

Last edited:
Well they had the two prefect guys in Ibaka and KD next to him :lol:. But if he's going to be the guy at the very least you need two shooters out on the floor. I know he won't go there but JJ Redick would fit perfectly next to him. If Sabonis can continue to develop he can be that outlet when Russ penetrates and kinda has to be since they're strapped for cash.

i'm watching guys like roberson and just :smh:
you cant have mcdermott out there since he is liable on defense
it's guys like that which get guys like danny green paid :lol:
your wing guy can not be shooting this poorly and getting major minutes

Last edited:

He'd be playing Ariza. You have to generate offense somehow. Roberson had his best shooting game ever as a pro yesterday. Lightning is not likely going to strike twice. But the Rockets weren't even guarding him so it's 4 on 5 every time down. Actually Dipo made it 3 on 5 with his performance yesterday.

Last edited:

Hey now, Roberson hit 4 threes last night :lol:

But seriously, how is dude 23% on the season when ALL of his shots are basically wide open and in rhythm? Does he not practice? I don't get it.

But seriously, how is dude 23% on the season when ALL of his shots are basically wide open and in rhythm? Does he not practice? I don't get it.

Man has airballed free throws on multiple occasions this year. His shot is broken and he's never really had to be an offensive threat before this season with KD and Ibaka there. Really a shame cause he's probably the 2nd best on ball perimeter defender in the NBA, and if he had any semblance of an offensive game he'd be a 100 million dollar player.

Last edited:

That's like saying Shaq and Dwight don't practice FTs some people have it in them some don't

Dwight apparently hits 80% from the line in practice. Some guys just can't do stuff when the lights are on for some reason. It's wild.

That's like saying Shaq and Dwight don't practice FTs some people have it in them some don't

shaq practices but he was stubborn to doing it his own way
rick barry offered him help and he declined

yeah, it's different when the lights on, but if you are shooting it the same way, maybe it's time to change the form?
look at guys like kawhi, MKG who basically were open to new techniques. even bron tries to switch it up and open to suggestions

Last edited:
Everyone in the thread is highlighting why Russ isn't a Elite PG. Elite player but not PG. A PG should be able to play with whoever you put around him. The fact you have to tailor make his roster and be so selective with the types of players you bring in proves my point from last night.

You give Russ Gooden, Humphries, Webster, Nene and Paul Pierce he'll get a 1st round exit pass. Meanwhile Wall in 2015 with that same roster was expected to beat number 1 seed Atlanta with 4 All Stars.

Last edited:

Dwight and Shaq are more understandable it's probably hard to get the right touch on a shot considering how strong they are. But Roberson, his shot is just a mess.

he had the exact same season as a 6TH man. But he's the 2nd man doh.

yeah...he's buns.

They take the same amount of shots and get the same production is the point. But yes let's blame Vic. I don't understand why y'all insist of being intellectually dishonest.

Everyone in the thread is highlighting why Russ isn't a Elite PG. Elite player but not PG. A PG should be able to play with whoever you put around him. The fact you have to tailor make his roster and be so selective with the types of players you bring in proves my point from last night.

You give Russ Gooden, Humphries, Webster and Paul Pierce he'll get a 1st round exit pass. Meanwhile Wall in 2015 with that same roster was expected to beat number 1 seed Atlanta with 4 All Stars.

Pierce was still clutch in those Playoffs :smokin

You give Russ Gooden, Humphries, Webster and Paul Pierce he'll get a 1st round exit pass. Meanwhile Wall in 2015 with that same roster was expected to beat number 1 seed Atlanta with 4 All Stars.

what does this say about Bron then...:nerd:

You literally just made an argument against yourself. Like how you conveniently left out Beal who was getting 23 a game.

So selective. Nah just get the man A shooter or 2. That's not unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom