2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
You literally just made an argument against yourself. Like how you conveniently left out Beal who was getting 23 a game.

So selective. Nah just get the man A shooter or 2. That's not unreasonable.

Don't think beal was getting 23 a game back then

i def think the KD announcement just came too late to really do anything. Especially after They already scooped Dipo. Taj and McBuckets and payne left at deadline. This off season they'd have a better understanding of what they need. Russ could be just as lethal as bron with the right personnel. It's not like he doesnt get them easy shots. Hell, Robertson is literally open 99% of the time, but he's constantly in Finals Harrison Barnes mode. You give him reliable shooters on those wings when Russ drives and kicks, the team immediately becomes better. Russ has decent big men and he's a top 5 pg in the game. Filling in the gaps shouldn't be too hard for Presti. The holes are clear as day.

Brad prior to this year really wasn't better than Victor besides shooting the 3. He didn't pass better, he wasn't a better defender, he wasn't a better rebounder, and he didn't stay healthy. Revisionist history is strong today

Edit: he did have a great playoff though, that I won't take away from him

Last edited:
i def think the KD announcement just came too late to really do anything. Especially after They already scooped Dipo. Taj and McBuckets and payne left at deadline. This off season they'd have a better understanding of what they need. Russ could be just as lethal as bron with the right personnel. It's not like he doesnt get them easy shots. Hell, Robertson is literally open 99% of the time, but he's constantly in Finals Harrison Barnes mode. You give him reliable shooters on those wings when Russ drives and kicks, the team immediately becomes better. Russ has decent big men and he's a top 5 pg in the game. Filling in the gaps shouldn't be too hard for Presti. The holes are clear as day.

I don't care who you have on that roster, they're never gonna get the most out of it until they change the system. They have zero ball movement or player movement

tumblr_ooemf4G5VD1qeu3xuo1_400.gif

shaq practices but he was stubborn to doing it his own way
rick barry offered him help and he declined

yeah, it's different when the lights on, but if you are shooting it the same way, maybe it's time to change the form?
look at guys like kawhi, MKG who basically were open to new techniques. even bron tries to switch it up and open to suggestions
oversimplification

With all the things society has chosen to get fake outraged about, the fact that the media has chosen to turn Isiah Thomas' sadness into a sports narrative should be getting all those keyboard social activists riled up and it isn't.

Last edited:
You literally just made an argument against yourself. Like how you conveniently left out Beal who was getting 23 a game.

So selective. Nah just get the man A shooter or 2. That's not unreasonable.

Beal in 2015 wasn't consistently beating anyone off the dribble and would shoot some of the worse 3s you'd ever seen from a shooter. Wall made him better. So I actually boosted my point.

Beal in 2017 isn't the same player from 2015. That's a fact and you can ask anyone who watches the Wizards. Beal is more aggressive and a better 1 on 1 player now. He doesn't rely on Wall for open looks as much anymore.

Last edited:
i have a feeling tonight is going to be one of those nights for the cavs where they just drop 20+ threes.

only two games tonight :lol:
teams getting two days rest :lol:

Last edited:
i have a feeling tonight is going to be one of those nights for the cavs where they just drop 20+ threes.

The schedule is weird. Washington Atlanta or Houston OKC don't play again until Wednesday. Then I know Washington gets 2 more days off until game 3 Saturday.

Beal in 2015 wasn't consistently beating anyone off the dribble and would shoot some of the worse 3s you'd ever seen from a shooter. Wall made him better. So I actually boosted my point.

Beal in 2017 isn't the same player from 2015. That's a fact and you can ask anyone who watches the Wizards. Beal is more aggressive and a better 1 on 1 player now. He doesn't rely on Wall for open looks as much anymore.

:lol: ok man. Beal's main issue has been health dude been able to get buckets. Even during that season he only played 59 games as a starter and was in and out of the lineup.

Last edited:

cavs playing the hawks tonight? only those scrugs let cavs get off on record perimeter nights. Pacers will mind the arch.

:lol: ok man. Beal's main issue has been health dude been able to get buckets. Even during that season he only played 59 games and was in and out of the lineup.

Serious question. Do you think Beal, Morris and Otto would all have career years this season if Russ was the PG?

:lol: ok man. Beal's main issue has been health dude been able to get buckets. Even during that season he only played 59 games and was in and out of the lineup.

Serious question. Do you think Beal, Morris and Otto would all have career years this season if Russ was the PG?

theyre all better than what russ currently has at those same positions though. he'd def eat with them.

Do you think Wall would be roberson put the ball in the hoop? or dipo anything more than a bench player?

Markieff isn't having a career year.
Otto fits with any drive and kick PG, which Russ is.
Beal, you might have a point but Russ might emasculate him

Beal yea.
Otto probably (he's getting the looks Roberson gets now)
Morris best year was in PHX a few years ago so probably.

laugh.gif
ok man. Beal's main issue has been health dude been able to get buckets. Even during that season he only played 59 games and was in and out of the lineup.
i hate these type of debate...apples and oranges players

samething with Kyrie...if john was on Cavs they would not have won the chip last year. 

if Kyrie was on Wiz they would be a totally different team too. 

if you gonna talk john you have to discuss this debate with if CP, Kemba, Lowry, German Rondo, Rubio, Conley and Blesoe were on the Wiz.

Zeke, Kyrie, Russ, Dame and Curry are different guards.  

Oladipo sucks period. He just sucks. He is Basura, cheeks, garbajosa. Whatever you want to call him but yeah he sucks regardless for sure. Straight Garbajosa.

Btw- Garbajosa=Garbage for those who didn't get that. I've used that term for years amongst my friends, I got it from former NBA player Jorge Garbajosa and it's stuck ever since lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom