2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russ needs to move off the ball. His decision making is way too questionable at times to play the point exclusively.

theyre all better than what russ currently has at those same positions though. he'd def eat with them.

Do you think Wall would be roberson put the ball in the hoop? or dipo anything more than a bench player?

I believe Russ style of play holds his teammates back from flourishing. Like others have pointed out in last years playoffs the Thunder were said to have depth. What happened to that? Russ teammates didn't suddenly become worse overnight. He doesn't allow his teammates to eat in the flow of a game. That's why I said getting a pass first type of PG and moving Russ to the 2 would be better for the team. Russ wouldn't need to get triple doubles and can focus on what he does best.

Last edited:
freeze freeze don't you know Wall has the anointing oil gift? He'd make Roberson a bonafide all star caliber player. And I'm sure he'd have no problem with Vic making 21 million.

Last edited:
theyre all better than what russ currently has at those same positions though. he'd def eat with them.

Do you think Wall would be roberson put the ball in the hoop? or dipo anything more than a bench player?

I believe Russ style of play holds his teammates back from flourishing. Like others have pointed out in last years playoffs the Thunder were said to have depth. What happened to that? Russ teammates didn't suddenly become worse overnight. He doesn't allow his teammates to eat in the flow of a game. That's why I said getting a pass first type of PG and moving Russ to the 2 would be better for the team. Russ wouldn't need to get triple doubles and can focus on what he does best.

you cant say the team didnt become worse overnight when they literally lost Serge and KD..seemingly overnight. Those 2 guys make up about 5 players worth. The front court ate because Serge stretched the D with his midrange to 3 point shooting, so Kanter and Adams had space to actually operate. KD is KD. Dude made everybody's job easier. Russ included. So, yea, their depth took a MASSIVE hit.

Last edited:
Guys go from 6th and 7th options to 2nd and 3rd ones and depth doesn't take a hit? Man what?

you cant say the team didnt become worse overnight when they literally lost Serge and KD..seemingly overnight. Those 2 guys make up about 5 players worth. So, yea, their depth took a MASSIVE hit.

KD there's no argument. Ibaka is vastly overrated. Magic were trash with him and the Raptors just loss game 1 at home with him.

you cant say the team didnt become worse overnight when they literally lost Serge and KD..seemingly overnight. Those 2 guys make up about 5 players worth. So, yea, their depth took a MASSIVE hit.

KD there's no argument. Ibaka is vastly overrated. Magic were trash with him and the Raptors just loss game 1 at home with him.

overrated...ehh..that's a bit of a stretch. He was great for what he was. Orlando wanted to make him the guy. He's not that guy. But when he was surrounded by russ and kd, dude was dope and the dfference maker. A big that could actually go to the perimeter and not just shoot, but guard on the switch. He fit that system. That team was synergy. The parts all benefited from each other in some form. Sometimes guys let successes in system gas them into thinking they are bigger than the system and that the skills they have will translate. Not always the case. I.E. Serge.

freeze freeze don't you know Wall has the anointing oil gift? He'd make Roberson a bonafide all star caliber player. And I'm sure he'd have no problem with Vic making 21 million.

You can't deny Wall makes players better. What was Ariza after he left Houston? Drew Gooden was out of the league when Washington signed him and he came up big on multiple occasions in his time in DC. Nene extended his career getting easy buckets with Wall and now Harden.

Adams was able to focus exclusively on defense and rebounding.

Offensively he was the 6th option with KD, Russ, Serge, Dion, Kanter. Now he has to be that 3rd or 4th guy depending on what Vic shows up. Vic has already been documented as being demoted to a 6th man before getting to OKC and he's now expected to be the Robin to Russ' Batman.

You can't deny Wall makes players better. What was Ariza after he left Houston? Drew Gooden was out of the league when Washington signed him and he came up big on multiple occasions in his time in DC. Nene extended his career getting easy buckets with Wall and now Harden.

A champion.

My top 10 Game 1 performers, in order:

Giannis
Wall
Harden
Lebron
Green
Leonard
Durant
Joe
Butler
Curry

(For winning teams.)

Man I already went through this last week with you their numbers are almost the same as before they got to Wall. Drew Gooden was considerably worse with Wall compared to him in Milwaukee. He was NOT out of the league. I know you don't pay attention to anyone unless they're in a Wizards uniform, but it's pretty easy to get this info. So what metrics are you using to quantify making them better?

Last edited:
Man I already went through this last week with you their numbers are almost the same as before they got to Wall. Drew Gooden was considerably worse with Wall compared to him in Milwaukee. He was NOT out of the league. I know you don't pay attention to anyone unless they're in a Wizards uniform, but it's pretty easy to get this info. So what metrics are you using to quantify making them better?

Players don't come off the streets and contribute to a team everyday. If his Milwaukee numbers were better why was he out of the NBA. Playing along side John Wall gave him 2 more seasons of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom