2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
You keep bringing up wins like Washington didn't spot OKC wins from November to January. What's Washingtons record vs OKCs since January? OKC start the season 7-13?

Nobody would go on record and say Russ is a even or better passer the John Wall regardless of what the numbers say. You want to hide behind Russ team sucks to give Russ a pass for his eventual 1st round exit. We'll see how many seasons this narrative holds up. It's no different then those that give Lowry a pass because he's always injured. Only exception is Russ is the MVP of the damn league.

Who's fault was it John Wall came in out of shape? Nobody is giving Russ a pass for anything, just pointing out what he's worked with all season. But I see you don't want to address any of the actual content in the post so I'll take that as a concession.

Pointing out he can't do such and such with no factual evidence and hyperbole isn't worth debating.

Last edited:
Who's fault was it John Wall came in out of shape? Nobody is giving Russ a pass for anything, just pointing out what he's worked with all season. But I see you don't want to address any of the actual content in the post so I'll take tar as a concession.

He had surgery on both knees. Is that not a valid enough reason for a player to not be into game shape? What are you talking about. Ha ha ha

He had surgery on both knees. Is that not a valid enough reason for a player to not be into game shape? What are you talking about. Ha ha ha

Russ has had multiple knee surgeries and never had issue getting into shape by the time the season started.

Russ has had multiple knee surgeries and never had issue getting into shape by the time the season started.

I can't believe your legit taking this stance. It's laughable. Wall had surgery on both knees in the offseason and your really saying him being out of game shape isn't understandable. WOW!

You win man. All surgeries are the same and everyone recovers at the same pace. Cool, I get it now.

Last edited:
I can't believe your legit taking this stance. It's laughable. Wall had surgery on both knees in the offseason and your really saying him being out of game shape isn't understandable. WOW!

Never said it wasn't understandable. Players have done it before and been ready to go. Some players rehab more intensely than others though.

Never said it wasn't understandable. Players have done it before and been ready to go. Some players rehab more intensely than others though.

In the 2016/17 season what surgery did Russ have in the offseason? Wall has a completely new coaching staff and different team philosophy from defensive to offensive. You completely gloss over that.

And Russ lost the 2nd best player in the league and his third and 4th options almost every team has to adjust to something. Not using it as an excuse for performance though is up to interpretation.

Houston shoots 3s and was 4-19 at one point yesterday and still up. I can't believe people are so quick to give Russ a complete pass for losing this series yet claim he's the MVP. OKC didn't even put up a fight.

The likelihood of Utah taking both games in LA even with him were remote. Just get him back in Salt Lake they'll be fine. They were still able to control the pace of the game really well.

You giving up on your team already?
That was pure sarcasm my man. I totally think the Clippers are still winning this series. Probably in 6 now instead of 5. Think the Clips got caught off guard playing the Jazz w/o rudy, and the hope is that they'll adjust now and go from there. Every series the Clippers have won in the CP era, they dropped 1 of the first 2 games. Every series they've lost, they won the first two games. Who knows what that means but yeah lol

But if I was Utah even if Gobert was healthy I wouldn't play him. They got the split they were looking for. No need to try and play him for Game 2. They won game 1 w/o him, roll the dice and see if you can do it again.

The thing about this series, and it goes back to the regular season, is the Jazz can't score against the Clippers, and the Clippers can't score against the Jazz. (Granted they scored enough to take 3 of 4 from them but they were far below their avg ppg) It'll be interesting to see if the Clips, w/o gobert, can score and play with more pace against Utah.

Last edited:
LOL, Curry and Westbrook are better than John Wall... that doesn't take away from John Wall's career or how good John Wall actually is.

You guys are comparing him to two MVPs, that says a lot alone.

Knew it was between Russ and harden

Folks were thinking the media had it out for harden and would pick Leonard as one or two

If Russ didn't have the trip dub narrative media would have selected harden I have no doubt

Russ may be better than wall but I'm starting to warm up to the fact that I'd rather have wall

The style Russ plays and has always played is a bit out there. They made the finals when kd and harden were there.. idk wall is starting to make a case for himself

At least we're talking wall vs Russ and not wall vs Lowry. Lmao

I'd be interested in seeing how many passes Russ makes a game vs the amount of passes the other elite PG's make per game.

I just don't know how you can win in the playoffs with one player having a usage rate that high.

No Gobert for game 2

:smh:
I'd hold him out at least until G3.

I'd almost say G5. The Clippers usually take at least 1 road game, so Utah will almost certainly have to win another one at Staples. Bring him back for that one. Could easily backfire if Utah loses both home games w/o him tho :lol: so G3 it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom