2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his comments have been taken completely out of context. When I heard it live yesterday it never crossed my mind he would get backlash for it. Chuck lost two brothers. He wasn't being insensitive IMO.
I didn't hear it live, but reading it seems to be cut and dry. Don't see the point in him saying this, especially saying that's not a good look. Lol

“I’m not feeling comfortable with him sitting on the sideline crying like that,” Barkley said on the network’s pregame show. “That makes me uncomfortable because that tells me he’s not in shape to play.”

Barkley continued, “I don’t know how this night is going to turn out. But to be sitting on the sideline a few minutes before the game, crying, that makes me uncomfortable for him. That’s just not a good look, in my personal opinion.”

i didnt like what charles said. but i understand where he's coming from. but i dont lke it.

I don't know what dudes beef was with Jennings but Wall isn't even from LA and doesn't play for a LA team. The crip came off to me as showing off for his homies, woman and the camera.

I can only speak for myself but if it's going down I'm not saying a word. I'm rushing my enemies with bad intentions. I'd bail myself out and deal with the courts later but I'm taking my pound of flesh on sight depending on what the beef is.
S.O.S. shooters on site

Who on NT was comfortable watching IT cry on the sidelines yesterday? It was a uncomfortable moment. To me I understood where he was coming from, maybe for others he could have worded it differently. That's the issues everyone who does live TV deals with. Especially when your as vocal and outspoken as a Charles Barkley.

Last edited:
I don't know what Chuck is trying to say
Basically saying if he's crying minutes before tipoff he shouldn't be playing and should probably take the night off and be with his family

That makes sense but it doesn't make sense to tell someone how to grieve. I didn't think he was going to be able to do it watching him in warmups, but after he made the second free throw he shot, he seemed to be able to play.

It's chuck so he deserves any backlash whether right or wrong

Who on NT was comfortable watching IT cry on the sidelines yesterday? It was a uncomfortable moment. Although to me I understood where he was coming from, maybe for others he could have worded it differently. That's the issues everyone who does live TV deals with. Especially when your as vocal and outspoken as a Charles Barkley.
His reasons for being uncomfortable were different than  our reasons, most likely

It could have been. Maybe he was talking from a ex players perspective and meant it as if he was a teammate of IT
Your point of us being uncomfortable and him being uncomfortable don't make sense

That's fine if he was speaking from a player's perspective, it still doesn't make sense because IT wanted to play. Coach/teammates weren't going to tell him no

Looks to me as if he's just saying that he's not comfortable with the idea of him playing when he's visibly in no condition to play. Better stated he should have said that he believes that IT should have just grieved instead of playing

Millsap crying about Wizards doing MMA when the hawks are just trying to play basketball.

Kieff/Millsap match up is....something
laugh.gif
I didn't expect trill sap to be wired like that

Disappointing
I feel Millsap evens the score next game.

They'll still lose
Definitely the best part of the series is Moris-Millsap... 

1) I'm disappointed that Millsap already complained about that after game 1, lol. Adjust to it and if it's still crazy maybe address it a few games into the series. You're crying about losing game 1? Sure, you don't want to cry about it when you're down in the hole, but damn.

2) They're going to end up fighting by game 3, for sure.

I hate barkley but I didn't see much to gripe about with his comments.

I mean the whole situation was / is uncomfortable, and that was a tough thing to watch him pregame.

Your point of us being uncomfortable and him being uncomfortable don't make sense

That's fine if he was speaking from a player's perspective, it still doesn't make sense because IT wanted to play. Coach/teammates weren't going to tell him no

I don't believe his quote was based on one singular take. It could have been a combination of him as a viewer and ex player/hypothetical teammate.

Seeing a grown man cry is always uncomfortable. Questioning if he's ready to play is a valid opinion from a commentator. Just because he decided to play doesn't mean he's really ready. Yesterday by his performance he was but the question of if he was ready wasn't out of bounds.

Last edited:
Debating Wall vs Russ will forever be a waste of time on NT because regardless of how far Wall leads the Wizards it'll always be countered with Russ team and the Conference he plays in. I don't see the Thunder completely overhauling its roster this summer so next season it'll be the same narrative.

Yet the same folks will proclaim LeBron the best regardless of the conference and Curry the best PG regardless of how stacked his team is. The narratives will constantly shift in that regard when it comes to Wall.
It'll be a complete waste of time because you don't like when someone disagrees with you.

It's okay, you're entitled to your opinion but you're also entitled to be wrong.

I don't think there's one GM in the NBA who would take Wall over Westbrook if starting a franchise.

Another thing, I don't think has been brought up in the debate is character issue. Wall has been known to phone it in at times, not play to his standard, or whatever you want to call it. Westbrook brings 150% every single night, I don't think that gets much attention as it should. Those small intangibles set Westbrook aside from a lot of players when comparing raw stats.

I don't believe his quote was based on one singular take. It could have been a combination of him as a viewer and ex player/hypothetical teammate.

Seeing a grown man cry is always uncomfortable. Questioning if he's ready to play is a valid opinion from a commentator. Just because he decided to play doesn't mean he's really ready for it. Yesterday by his performance he was but the question of if he was ready wasn't out of bounds.
I didn't think it was out of bounds I just thought they were ignorant. Again, nobody was going to stop the man from playing if he wanted to

Questioning whether or not he was in shape to play is pointless. Just like Farve playing, he and and his teammates were in tears before the game

the most uncomfortable part about the IT situation was it being recorded and every single sports outlet using it as a headline. felt that was in poor taste, but that is the world we live in now.

Seeing a grown man cry is always uncomfortable. Questioning if he's ready to play is a valid opinion from a commentator. Just because he decided to play doesn't mean he's really ready. Yesterday by his performance he was but the question of if he was ready wasn't out of bounds.

Seeing a grown man cry is uncomfortable? Come on man...

Grown men cry, period. Real man aren't afraid to show their emotions especially when you lose a loved one. I think Chuck's words were taken out of context, I think he meant as a teammate. Usually when Chucks speaks on basketball related topics, it's from his playing experience.

I also agree with Chuck to a point, some things are bigger than the game. You don't need distractions during playoff season. With IT being some emotionally overwhelmed, maybe he should have been there with his family and got his mind off of basketball. IT could have went out there trying to put on a memorable showcase for his sister and disrupted chemistry.

If he would have went 3-19 we would all be agreeing with Chuck.

It'll be a complete waste of time because you don't like when someone disagrees with you.
It's okay, you're entitled to your opinion but you're also entitled to be wrong.

I don't think there's one GM in the NBA who would take Wall over Westbrook if starting a franchise.

Another thing, I don't think has been brought up in the debate is character issue. Wall has been known to phone it in at times, not play to his standard, or whatever you want to call it. Westbrook brings 150% every single night, I don't think that gets much attention as it should. Those small intangibles set Westbrook aside from a lot of players when comparing raw stats.

I don't care if someone disagrees with me. It happens ALL THE TIME. I don't care what a GM would do. My opinion is what I'd do. I'm the first to say when I'm wrong. No issue admitting that.

Russ going 150% all the time isn't always a positive thing. It's admirable but not always a recipe for winning. You talk about character issues. Wall is the last guy you should bring up not bringing it every night. Does he play well all 82 games, no but his effort has never been questioned.

It's a waste of time because of what I said in my post you quoted. If John Wall lead Washington to the NBA title this season how many people would really elevate him above Russ? Not many and why? Because he plays in the weak conference and with a better team. That's reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom