2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, still wouldn't agree with Chuck even if IT played terrible because nobody is going to stop IT from playing if he wanted to. If you're a teammate of IT and feel like you aren't comfortable with him playing you're a terrible teammate and possibly a terrible human

Last edited:
I don't believe his quote was based on one singular take. It could have been a combination of him as a viewer and ex player/hypothetical teammate.

Seeing a grown man cry is always uncomfortable. Questioning if he's ready to play is a valid opinion from a commentator. Just because he decided to play doesn't mean he's really ready. Yesterday by his performance he was but the question of if he was ready wasn't out of bounds.

Seeing a grown man cry is uncomfortable? Come on man...

Grown men cry, period. Real man aren't afraid to show their emotions especially when you lose a loved one. I think Chuck's words were taken out of context, I think he meant as a teammate. Usually when Chucks speaks on basketball related topics, it's from his playing experience.

I also agree with Chuck to a point, some things are bigger than the game. You don't need distractions during playoff season. With IT being some emotionally overwhelmed, maybe he should have been there with his family and got his mind off of basketball. IT could have went out there trying to put on a memorable showcase for his sister and disrupted chemistry.

If he would have went 3-19 we would all be agreeing with Chuck.

Your really trying to make a name off me today. I'll engage. Everyone sheds tears when they lose someone. Shedding tears of joy is also understandable. However there are many occasions when a grown man crying is a weak sign and uncomfortable. I know plenty of women who think so as well.

If my homies girl left him and he's crying like a ***** I'd be uncomfortable, tell him to man up and throw some freaks his way.

Last edited:
I don't care if someone disagrees with me. It happens ALL THE TIME. I don't care what a GM would do. My opinion is what I'd do. I'm the first to say when I'm wrong. No issue admitting that.

Russ going 150% all the time isn't always a positive thing. It's admirable but not always a recipe for winning. You talk about character issues. Wall is the last guy you should bring up not bringing it every night. Does he play well all 82 games, no but his effort has never been questioned.

It's a waste of time because of what I said in my post you quoted. If John Wall lead Washington to the NBA title this season how many people would really elevate him above Russ? Not many and why? Because he plays in the weak conference and with a better team. That's reality.
We don't know what people would say because it hasn't happened yet, lol. If Wall elevated his game and took them to a title, I would say Wall is the best PG in the league at that point because he would have to play out of this world to get them there.

Your really trying to make a name off me today. I'll engage. Everyone sheds tears when they lose someone. Shedding tears of joy is also understandable. However there are many occasions when a grown man crying is a weak sign and uncomfortable. I know plenty of women who think so as well.

If my homies girl left him and he's crying like a ***** I'd be uncomfortable, tell him to man up and throw some freaks his way.
I'm not trying to make a name off you, it's not that serious.

I just think some of these are hot takes.

You went from seeing a grown man cry is being uncomfortable to now there's being many occasions to where it's uncomfortable. Bringing up an ex-girlfriend is apples to oranges, that's not what happened so that's void.

I will admit, you are making my day in the office go by a lot smoother lol. Thanks.

We don't know what people would say because it hasn't happened yet, lol. If Wall elevated his game and took them to a title, I would say Wall is the best PG in the league at that point because he would have to play out of this world to get them there.

You would but a lot of people wouldn't. We still have those in this thread that believe Lowry is better.

I'm not trying to make a name off you, it's not that serious.
I just think some of these are hot takes.

You went from seeing a grown man cry is being uncomfortable to now there's being many occasions to where it's uncomfortable. Bringing up an ex-girlfriend is apples to oranges, that's not what happened so that's void.

I will admit, you are making my day in the office go by a lot smoother lol. Thanks.

Outside of a death in the family or one of my teams winning a championship (tears of joy) I can't think of a scenario in which I'm crying. Last two times I shed a tear was when my grandmother died last year and when Obama won his first election. That had more to do with the fact my older family members lived through the struggle and made it to see the moment.

People can be moved to tears in many different ways. For myself personally to off the top of my head think of a small handful should explain my position.

What things move you to tears? Serious question.

Last edited:
CwSho8HWQAA3TAk.jpg

Outside of a death in the family or one of my teams winning a championship (tears of joy) I can't think of a scenario in which I'm crying. Last two times I shed a tear was when my grandmother died last year and when Obama won his first election. That had more to do with the fact my older family members lived through the struggle and made it to see the moment.

People can be moved to tears in many different ways. For myself personally to off the top of my head think of a small handful should explain my position.

What things move you to tears? Serious question.
Loss of family members, moments of joy, very sincere heartfelt moments (ex: ESPN's segment on military parents coming home to surprise their children, KD's MVP speech), and believe it or not, when I get to a certain point of anger.

I don't know what dudes beef was with Jennings but Wall isn't even from LA and doesn't play for a LA team. The crip came off to me as showing off for his homies, woman and the camera.

I can only speak for myself but if it's going down I'm not saying a word. I'm rushing my enemies with bad intentions. I'd bail myself out and deal with the courts later but I'm taking my pound of flesh on sight depending on what the beef is.

Loss of family members, moments of joy, very sincere heartfelt moments (ex: ESPN's segment on military parents coming home to surprise their children, KD's MVP speech), and believe it or not, when I get to a certain point of anger.

I feel you. I'm just not moved by many things I guess.

I don't think Nate should have called timeout after the rebound, though. Let PG take advantage of the transition.

PGIII was caught up in the moment, CJ made the right call.
Agreed. He had an open look, if that goes down, this isn't even a discussion. PG is 0-15 in those situations so it's not a given that it's going any with him taking shot.

I like that PG wanted that look though.

Wondering if Lala is behind Melo not waiving his NTC. Maybe he wanted to bounce and she wanted to stay in NYC and he's just being straight up and taking it all on the chin to not have her out here looking silly.

Wondering if Lala is behind Melo not waiving his NTC. Maybe he wanted to bounce and she wanted to stay in NYC and he's just being straight up and taking it all on the chin to not have her out here looking silly.

it's always us for our women bro.

i hope now he drops that tell-all about the honey nut cheerios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom