2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you feel the same way about Windhorst?

Last time I checked, you don't need to have a background in a particular sport to be a reporter, hence reporter and not analyst.

How often is she on TV and for long? Hosts need to be attractive (of the many other prerequisites). Everyone else needs to be good at their job. come on man, you're better than this.
i feel everytime i turn on espn theres a new female anchor

I have no Idea what Romona Shelbourne's looks have to do with her talking about Basketball on ESPN. None.

Or the fact that she didn't play basketball.

Comparing the presidential election to me wondering how of the billions of people that wanted the job a chick that's "built like Danny Devito and Mike Alstott" and has zero basketball background at all (literally didn't even play high school basketball) got a job speaking about basketball on the largest sports network on the planet :stoneface:

I'm not saying she's bad at her job...but they're in the business of putting people on national television every day. So yes, it is surprising that in one of the most image conscious professions possible they chose her over a lot of other reporters that I'm sure are also very, very good at their jobs.

This is drivel. Your original comment was superficial and extremely shallow.

You commented on everything BUT the ability she has to do her job.

On the flip, you got ESPN hiring guys like Emmitt Smith and Magic Johnson, and both guys, while all-time greats, can hardly explain ANYTHING having to do with the nuances of playing the game as far as Xs/Os. If you know basketball (or any sport,) you know basketball. Plain and simple. Doesn't matter if you hooped D3, played pro, or none of the above.

Y'all tripping on Romona :lol:
She's a good reporter, she has broken a lot of news on the Lakers, etc.

Would you tell a lobster how to be delicious? I can tell you don't hoop.
laugh.gif

This really made me laugh especially since I'm allergic to seafood haha

"Beady bees all over here n over there, when you wear a Durag I bet it's going tear"

:rofl:

Last edited:
Too far is gonna be after the Stephanie vs Lebbywinks series is over :lol: the real fun will begin after that. I'm down to slander whoever loses :rofl:

KD "if you don't like it don't watch it"

This is getting portrayed as arrogant/cocky/disrespectful?

KD is not my favorite kind of dude but man dudes going at him for that is just another example of why his move to GSW will never go away whether he Wins or loses or stays there or goes elsewhere. He's lost respect from some that he will never get back.

He can say what he wants about not caring, but if anybody cares about what others perceive them to be, I think it's KD.

I'd have to agree that he does act "persecuted" but I take no issue with him saying that.
damn bro you be coming off Hella salty towards Kd lately.
I can't blame you though. I feel you.
Nah.

I am surprised that people are giving him a hard time for the quote. 

It's one thing he said that I agree with.

Everything else I spoke on is just 1. My perception of why I think people are giving him the hard time and

2. Agreeing that he does always act like he has been wronged, for whatever reason, there are many.

your avy :rofl:

Every time I see Ramona Shelbourne on ESPN it amazes me that there are probably billions of people that would want to be in her spot and somehow SHE got that position.

Buc Em gonna Buc Em...

at least he didn't call her a **** so I guess that's some progress.

Do you feel the same way about Windhorst?

Last time I checked, you don't need to have a background in a particular sport to be a reporter, hence reporter and not analyst.

How often is she on TV and for long? Hosts need to be attractive (of the many other prerequisites). Everyone else needs to be good at their job. come on man, you're better than this.

You're damn right I wonder about Windhorst :lol: but he went to the same high school as LeBron, majored in journalism and then went home and basically followed LeBron throughout his entire high school career and kept riding him and the Akron connections he had all the way up to ESPN

As I said, I'm not saying she should be fired because of her looks...just saying it's surprising that she's the candidate that they picked for that position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom