2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
PG subtly but not subtly throwing his teammates under the bus again.

I mean I get that you hate them but you kinda faded away in the 4th quarter yourself 
laugh.gif

One thing I will say: I know he was never really good, but when did Monta Ellis become complete trash?  He doesn't really look like a rotation player right now.

Last edited:
Monta was kind of nice in GS, but then the whole scooter thing, and then that guy Steph showed up. I remember he had said that his game was just as good as D Wade, I didn't think he was wrong then.

Last edited:
The Spurs perimeter game is so bad when Tony Parker not shooting almost 75% from 3. :lol:

Manu is playing terrible.

This series is literally going to be won based on who performs the best between our role players vs the Spurs role players. I think with Zbo starting now, he will mitigate LMA. Kawhi is going to get his buckets regardless.

Patty, Manu, Lee, Green, Parker, Dedmon, Anderson vs Ennis, Selden, Harrison, Jamychal, VC . The difference will probably come from how effective these guys are in each game.

Then you have Zbo/Gasol/Conley vs Kawhi/LMA. The trio out performed the other two in Game 3.

Last edited:

Monta was kind of nice in GS, but then the whole scooter thing, and then that guy Steph showed up. I remember he had said that his game was just as good as D Wade, I didn't think he was wrong then.
I don't think he was ever really any good, he was still a volume shooter who was undersized and couldn't play any defense.  He just benefitted from Don Nelson's system.  He did have his time in the sun from a stats perspective though.
Monta never developed a 3 ball and he's playing off the ball a lot more than he ever did.
It's pretty unforgivable for a player of his style to not be able to shoot the 3.

Last edited:

I don't think he was ever really any good, he was still a volume shooter who was undersized and couldn't play any defense.  He just benefitted from Don Nelson's system.  He did have his time in the sun from a stats perspective though.

Monta never developed a 3 ball and he's playing off the ball a lot more than he ever did.
It's pretty unforgivable for a player of his style to not be able to shoot the 3.

he shot very efficiently when he played with baron
the mid range gm was one of the best

got thrusted into the #1 score position and bad habits developed

[emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]

I wanna say san antonio will win game 4&5 but I just don't have the faith in them anymore

My mind is telling me Grizz win Game 4 and SAS win 5 & 6.

My heart is telling me Grizz win Games 4, 5 and 6 given they've played very well over the last 6-7 quarters (only 7 turnovers). I'm not sure how long this Zbo magic will last, but if what's happening is what I think is happening....an upset with Zbo leading the charge gives Chris Wallace all the reason to hold on to TA and Zbo after this season :lol:

I'm with antidope antidope patty mills needs all those minutes

Can't ignore how much David Lee was getting worked out there. Looked like 2011 Antonio McDyess trying to defend Zbo.

Parker was having a pretty good series until last night. I think it may take Pop more than 1 game to truly make the switch by giving Patty the majority of the time.

Zbo loves matching up with LMA and Lee. If Pop wants to shut that down quickly, he's better off putting Dedmon on Zach. I'm not even sure if Pau is physical enough to handle Zbo either. Before this year, Spurs could just put Duncan on Zbo and kill everything.

Marc is going to get his buckets regardless, so if you want to truly turn the water off put your best post defender on Zach (or double).

Last edited:
Zbo loves matching up with LMA and Lee. If Pop wants to shut that down quickly, he's better off putting Dedmon on Zach. I'm not even sure if Pau is physical enough to handle Zbo either. Before this year, Spurs could just put Duncan on Zbo and kill everything.

Marc is going to get his buckets regardless, so if you want to truly turn the water off put your best post defender on Zach (or double).
Does Zach have the stamina to be pounding productively game after game at this point?  I just feel like the Grizzlies are thin right now.  They're putting a lot of pressure on some old/worn-out legs.

I don't think the Spurs are that fantastic this year though.

Does Zach have the stamina to be pounding productively game after game at this point?  I just feel like the Grizzlies are thin right now.  They're putting a lot of pressure on some old/worn-out legs.

I don't think the Spurs are that fantastic this year though.
I think he does, he just looks out of shape, slow, and un-athletic, but he's been basically the same player his entire career. His game was built to age nice, so yeah, I think that he does.

I have only seen the second half of this game, but how is LMA holding up?

The Spurs perimeter game is so bad when Tony Parker not shooting almost 75% from 3. :lol:

Manu is playing terrible.

This series is literally going to be won based on who performs the best between our role players vs the Spurs role players. I think with Zbo starting now, he will mitigate LMA. Kawhi is going to get his buckets regardless.

Patty, Manu, Lee, Green, Parker, Dedmon, Anderson vs Ennis, Selden, Harrison, Jamychal, VC . The difference will probably come from how effective these guys are in each game.

Then you have Zbo/Gasol/Conley vs Kawhi/LMA. The trio out performed the other two in Game 3.

I've hated their guards, and bigs for that matter besides Dedmon, all season long. I am not a believer.

They had a very strong first 2 games at home, which surprised me. I thought Memphis was definitely getting a split. We'll see what happens in G4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom