2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

that backcourt is stealing money...ski mask way. 

you tripping man PG has been nothing short of amazing in these first 3 games. dude out there by himself. 

on another note...Monte is completed washed. he has nothing off the dribble now. 
eh I feel like PG kinda sucked in crunchtime  of both games.

This Rondo news 
mean.gif

Last edited:
I'm just not willing to bet on Conley Marc and Zbo putting up 66 ppg going forward in this series. They'll revert to the mean and the Spurs will be fine.

Ive also come to terms that I'll be seeing Parker as the starter until retirement.

lets see who is parker, lee, pau, and aldridge defending?

they might just put up 80 combined next game

greg popovich can only do so much with the washed and soft players hes been given

didnt rondo play a game with a dislocated shoulder before?

put some icy hot on that thumb and play ball!

not like they depend on him shooting anyways

11/8/10 w/ 3.5 steals.

Astronomical loss, especially with how erratic Wade can be.

If the series goes back to Boston i think they make the comeback.

That's not how team games work.

In the NBA 1 single player has more impact on a game then any other team sport.

That's why Cleveland can sit Kyrie and Love but still finish a 4th quarter comeback. LeBron killed them last night.

And that single player still needs a team that fits around him to make things happen.

LeBron cannot operate on an island if he's surrounded by dudes who can't shoot.

He was catching small guards on switches the entire 2nd half because Indy was afraid to leave Korver/Smith open.

The paint was wide open for LeBron's drives because Channing Frye was taking Myles Turner out of the paint.

Not to mention how much he relies on them to guard the players that he isn't.

Again, team game.

didnt rondo play a game with a dislocated shoulder before?

put some icy hot on that thumb and play ball!

not like they depend on him shooting anyways
Dislocated elbow after Wade pulled him down.

To be fair, I'd imagine it'd be a lot harder to play, particularly dribble, with a broken finger than to play with a dislocated elbow on your non-shooting arm.

And that single player still needs a team that fits around him to make things happen.

He was catching small guards on switches the entire 2nd half because Indy was afraid to leave Korver/Smith open.

The paint was wide open for LeBron's drives because Channing Frye was taking Myles Turner out of the paint.

Again, team game.

Is the lose of Rondo gonna suddenly make Bostons bigs rebound better? Will IT grow a few more inches? I'm not letting Chicago off the hook if they lose 4 out of 5 games. Jimmy is the best player on the floor. I expect them to win at least 1 in Chicago which means Boston will have to will 3 straight.

I'm going to need Rondo to still play with a broken thumb, put the team on his back, and upset the Celtics still

One more loss and Celtics are frauds.
Pacers are frauds

OKC might be frauds as well
What does frauds mean to you?  Are all teams that are not as good as other teams frauds?

Only one of those I'd call a fraud is the Celtics because they clearly are not a #1 seed level team.

Last edited:
to be fair the east was trash from the start so nobody bit the cavs can be labled frauds if they lose which they arent

every single eastern conference team is buns except for the cavs

cavs = nba team

rest of the east = high school teams

I'm pretty sure its fair to say Boston has been exposed in not being able to compete with an 8th seed.

The Pacers have NOT been exposed by losing to Cleveland though, come on 
laugh.gif
.  What are they supposed to do?  What were your expectations?  

Again, team game.

Is the lose of Rondo gonna suddenly make Bostons bigs rebound better? Will IT grow a few more inches? I'm not letting Chicago off the hook if they lose 4 out of 5 games. Jimmy is the best player on the floor. I expect them to win at least 1 in Chicago which means Boston will have to will 3 straight.

Uh, Rondo was pulling down 8.5 boards a game, several of them being offensive. Boston will absolutely benefit from his absence on the glass.

He also spent a lot of time on IT.

This is a big loss. If the Bulls lose, that's not an indictment on Jimmy. Chicago's team has been substantially weakened.

Last edited:
man every player on that boston roster should be ashamed of themselves. your leader just lost his sister and this is how you play? ******* ridiculous the coach too ******* bum

Not trying to make an excuse but i think Boston is emotionally rocked from Chyna's death and it's drained them from making fundamental basketball plays. I had Celtics in 5 but man, i am blown away. Boston needs to dig down and find something cause they are getting killed on the boards and second chance points.

Don't do this. It's disrespectful. That team isn't as good as advertised. The end.

she was alive though when cleveland split them open on their own home court

This is not fair.

We all know how bad the Celtics are.

Bostons line ups are trash and they aren't stopping Chicago on the boards. The have one play maker in Thomas and didn't spend time trying to develop another one.

Even with Boston's non existent rebounding and Avery Bradley missing 24 games during the regular season, they still were a 50 win team and were the no.1 seed in the East. I honestly do think Chyna's death and seeing Isaiah cry and breakdown right in front of them has the team in a slump and depression.

Rondo out with a fractured thumb is gonna turn this series around. Boston is gonna win four straight! Let's go!

Uh, Rondo was pulling down 8.5 boards a game, several of them being offensive. Boston will absolutely benefit from his absence on the glass.

He also spent a lot of time on IT.

This is a big loss. If the Bulls lose, that's not an indictment on Jimmy.

It is a big loss. However Lopez is killing Boston in the paint. If you want to credit Rondo for the series lead so be it. Boston isn't hitting jump shots. Chicago is running people at IT forcing him to pass. Boston wasn't a good rebounding team all season. They won many games having IT go nuts in the 4th. Jimmy is a great defender right? He better clamp IT if the game is close in the 4th.

In the NBA the stars carry blame. Jimmy being the best player on the floor has to get his Bulls 2 wins. It's on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom