2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Zach have the stamina to be pounding productively game after game at this point?  I just feel like the Grizzlies are thin right now.  They're putting a lot of pressure on some old/worn-out legs.

I don't think the Spurs are that fantastic this year though.

That remains to be seen. The positive news is that he only played 29 minutes last night, so it was pretty close to a normal workload for him. Regardless, its going to have to be a collective effort between Conley/Marc/Zbo.

I was against starting Zbo, but Fizdale made some sense when saying "the only way to get Zbo the minutes he needs is by starting him". That's because the Spurs don't possess the same threat offensively as a team like HOuston. Making Zach move a lot defending the pick n roll and chasing his man out to the 3 point line. He loves matching up with LMA, so it kinda helps him to start in this series.

Last edited:
That remains to be seen. The positive news is that he only played 29 minutes last night, so it was pretty close to a normal workload for him. Regardless, its going to have to be a collective effort between Conley/Marc/Zbo.

I was against starting Zbo, but Fizdale made some sense when saying "the only way to get Zbo the minutes he needs is by starting him". That's because the Spurs don't possess the same threat offensively as a team like HOuston. Making Zach move a lot defending the pick n roll and chasing his man out to the 3 point line. He loves matching up with LMA, so it kinda helps him to start in this series.
Right...  Makes sense.  Also Aldrige just isn't playing well enough to put a lot of pressure on him right now.

I'm just not willing to bet on Conley Marc and Zbo putting up 66 ppg going forward in this series. They'll revert to the mean and the Spurs will be fine.

Ive also come to terms that I'll be seeing Parker as the starter until retirement.

That was filthy
roll.gif
That was a lose/lose regardless, Korver posted on the side, Lebron going to the hole. Monta made a business decision there.

I'm just not willing to bet on Conley Marc and Zbo putting up 66 ppg going forward in this series. They'll revert to the mean and the Spurs will be fine.

Ive also come to terms that I'll be seeing Parker as the starter until retirement.

Maybe. Its not a stretch to think they can't put up 60+ a game.

Like I said, a lot of factors but the Spurs aren't as tough to figure out this year as year's past. The series would probably be more interesting if TA was able to defend Kawhi all game or cause havoc rather than Selden.

I think my favorite part of last night is all series they've been running this PG commercial where he takes the last shot, calls ball game and walks off grabbing that Gatorade. When in reality, he's never hit a game winner and now blew the biggest halftime lead in playoff history. Good timing Gatorade.

I think my favorite part of last night is all series they've been running this PG commercial where he takes the last shot, calls ball game and walks off grabbing that Gatorade. When in reality, he's never hit a game winner and now blew the biggest halftime lead in playoff history. Good timing Gatorade.
After CJ Miles missed in Game 1 he said "I need the ball in those moments."

They said on the Ringer podcast he's actually 0-15 in those moments 
laugh.gif

yo this dude Derozan didnt get one bucket the whole game? 
laugh.gif

Raptors are complete comedy in the playoff...

the Greek 
Tony snell did an EXCELLENT job on Derozan.

Black Gordon Hayward still ain't get his name byke...
that backcourt is stealing money...ski mask way. 

you tripping man PG has been nothing short of amazing in these first 3 games. dude out there by himself. 

on another note...Monte is completed washed. he has nothing off the dribble now. 

11/8/10 w/ 3.5 steals.

Astronomical loss, especially with how erratic Wade can be.

If the series goes back to Boston i think they make the comeback.

If Jimmy Butler is a star like we all say then he closes the 2-0 deal.

That's not how team games work.

Last edited:
11/8/10 w/ 3.5 steals.

Astronomical loss, especially with how erratic Wade can be.

If the series goes back to Boston i think they make the comeback.

That's not how team games work.

In the NBA 1 single player has more impact on a game then any other team sport.

That's why Cleveland can sit Kyrie and Love but still finish a 4th quarter comeback. LeBron killed them last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom