2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at work yesterday and wasn't able to watch the game, I just saw the highlights I posted above the definition of going ham

Uh, Rondo was pulling down 8.5 boards a game, several of them being offensive. Boston will absolutely benefit from his absence on the glass.

He also spent a lot of time on IT.

This is a big loss. If the Bulls lose, that's not an indictment on Jimmy.

It is a big loss. However Lopez is killing Boston in the paint. If you want to credit Rondo for the series lead so be it. Boston isn't hitting jump shots. Chicago is running people at IT forcing him to pass. Boston wasn't a good rebounding team all season. They won many games having IT go nuts in the 4th. Jimmy is a great defender right? He better clamp IT if the game is close in the 4th.

In the NBA the stars carry blame. Jimmy being the best player on the floor has to get his Bulls 2 wins. It's on him.

I say Chicago as a whole has gotten significantly weaker because they lost one of their best all around players, and you comprehend that as me saying Rondo is solely responsible for the series lead :lol:

You got it man

Not trying to make an excuse but i think Boston is emotionally rocked from Chyna's death and it's drained them from making fundamental basketball plays. I had Celtics in 5 but man, i am blown away. Boston needs to dig down and find something cause they are getting killed on the boards and second chance points.

Don't do this. It's disrespectful. That team isn't as good as advertised. The end.

she was alive though when cleveland split them open on their own home court

This is not fair.

We all know how bad the Celtics are.

Bostons line ups are trash and they aren't stopping Chicago on the boards. The have one play maker in Thomas and didn't spend time trying to develop another one.

Even with Boston's non existent rebounding and Avery Bradley missing 24 games during the regular season, they still were a 50 win team and were the no.1 seed in the East. I honestly do think Chyna's death and seeing Isaiah cry and breakdown right in front of them has the team in a slump and depression.

Rondo out with a fractured thumb is gonna turn this series around. Boston is gonna win four straight! Let's go!
Stop trying to use someone's death as a sports narrative for why your team sucks.

They over achieved this season. They're not that good. We all fell for it.

I wasn't ready to count the Celts out against the Bulls. Now that Rondo is out, i'm leaning even more towards that feeling.

I say Chicago as a whole has gotten significantly weaker because they lost one of their best all around players, and you comprehend that as me saying Rondo is solely responsible for the series lead :lol:

You got it man

The NBA is a stars league. Jimmy needs to step up and close the deal. No different then Lowry or Derozan taking the blame for Toronto or Wall if Washington lost up 2-0. Its time for Jimmy to finish Boston off. That's what I'm saying.

You said "it's a team game" to the notion I expect Jimmy to step up and win the series. If that's the case the stars are never responsible. Everyone shares equal blame.

Last edited:
son....skip what memphis is doing....Fizdale winning paw paw

18011183_1291961937505624_8464087094091626251_n.jpg

18076745_10154558080283634_9206728995515413820_o.jpg

17932448_735839366577045_2189489746709839872_n.jpg

16788679_164751007367371_1282214489961267200_n.jpg

16908065_596553533876115_435128544121585664_n.jpg

tidale.png

Last edited:
call me crazy but i think rondo suits up soon. he's played through worse injuries
if they can find a way to protect it from further damage, i think he will give it a go
one hand rondo :pimp:

just do it like...
View media item 2411673

Last edited:
 After 10 days of searching for the NBA's 100 MVP votes,@Sbnation concludes that Russell Westbrook (522 votes) will win the NBA's MVP award over James Harden. (456 votes). The official announcement won't be made until the end of the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom