2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

That just sounds stupid, though, when talking about an individual award.

Real stupid.
The goal of every individual should be for the team to win it might not be right for an individual award but it is not by any means stupid
What you just said now, makes sense and is well said.

What you said ^ there about "winning should be most important" (key word used is should, meaning you believe it's more important than actual stats) is Stupid.

Not trying to be rude or mean, but, it, to me, sounds real stupid saying that, about MVP. Stupid. 

Last edited:
You tell me how effective those Rockets players would be without Harden creating for them. You know how many easy looks he gets for those guys?
I'm not saying the Rockets wouldn't get a serious drop in production. But OKC as constructed without Russ is a lottery team.

well eff those lily bishes then. cowards. say that **** loud. otherwise sthu. maybe russ dont wanna be on yall clown *** teams either.

He and PG13 would be a match made in heaven. DO IT MAGIC!

After 10 days of searching for the NBA's 100 MVP votes,@Sbnation concludes that Russell Westbrook (522 votes) will win the NBA's MVP award over James Harden. (456 votes). The official announcement won't be made until the end of the playoffs.

:pimp:

source?

Last edited:
I'm not saying the Rockets wouldn't get a serious drop in production. But OKC as constructed without Russ is a lottery team.

Even with him and he didn't get a triple double they are the 3rd worst team in the league by winning percentage this season. When he did they had the 2nd best behind GS. There's no more clear cut definition of value of numbers than that. That's why the whole stat padding **** was nonsense.

Last edited:
Thought Kawhi should've gotten it, but as much as I dont like Russ as a player I cant say that he doesn't deserve it.

Hopefully one day he realizes that his excessive chucking will never equate to winning.

You tell me how effective those Rockets players would be without Harden creating for them. You know how many easy looks he gets for those guys?

Explain how the Cavs are 4-19 when Lebron doesn't play? Two olympians/all-stars, and they would without a doubt be lottery-bound if Lebron wasn't on the floor.

This is why the argument about Russ/Teammates holds no water for me.

His season was historic, but there are numerous other teams where if you took the best player off that roster, they'd be just as bad or worse.

That narrative is bunk.

There's a reason why Houston wasn't highly regarded coming into the season the players weren't highly regarded now after Harden and MDA gave them open looks they're a decent team without him FOH with that plus minus of Russ last game everyone wants to talk about the end of the 3rd when he sat They got a missed three missed mid range and a three that's not horrible it was on the other end where they ****** up

laugh.gif

You really think

Ariza
Beverly
Capela
Nene
Eric Gordon

Are going to be "ard" without Harden
roll.gif

Y'all delusional man. Houston overachieved like a mug. Harden and Dantoni are the reasons why.
Against

Dipo

Semaj

Adams

Roberson

Kanter

What squad is going to do better..seriously.

If anything OKC overachieved after losing KD and Serge. Russ is the reason why. No system, no shooters. Just beasting out.

Explain how the Cavs are 4-19 when Lebron doesn't play? Two olympians/all-stars, and they would without a doubt be lottery-bound if Lebron wasn't on the floor.

His season was historic, but there are numerous other teams where if you took the best player off that roster, they'd be just as bad or worse.

That narrative is bunk.
Cavs have one of the best shooting teams though.
OKC is the worst shooting team in the League this year, and probably ever in history.

Context matters a little here.
Take Lebron off Cavs or Harden off Hou or Russ off OKC and all 3 teams are bad, but with all 3 playing, Hou and Cle are just better built teams.

OKC was built for KD/Russ, not Russ, and it shows, and Russ made due.

Last edited:
After last night performance I don't want to hear anything about Myrie and Love carried Lebron through the playoffs and just coasted

Bron put on one of the most impressive playoff performances of ALL TIME while these 2 were warming the benches

Put the whole team on his back and tied the largest comeback EVER
With all due respect to his performance last night, wasn't one of the most impressive performances of all time...

Wasn't even one of HIS best performances of all time.

Let's remember he did this against a .500 team that barely made the playoffs.

Against

Dipo
Semaj
Adams
Roberson
Kanter

What squad is going to do better..seriously.

If anything OKC overachieved after losing KD and Serge. Russ is the reason why. No system, no shooters. Just beasting out.

You leave out Gibson and McDermott (who are solid rotational players if utilized correctly by the right coach and star player)

Point is....it's not a pissinn contest about "who's worse off". You remove any superstar, who's the sole star player from their team and their win totals will plummet.

Wha Harden did was special this year....because NOBODY had the damn Houston Rockets winning 54/55 games this year. That's like a top 5 record in the entire league.

That narrative is bunk.
That team is built for Lebron to be run by Lebron.

I refuse to believe that a team with a full training camp, two all-stars in Kyrie and K-Love, solid role players who can shoot, in the Eastern Conference aren't making the playoffs as AT LEAST a 8 seed.

That narrative is bunk.
Cavs have one of the best shooting teams though.
OKC is the worst shooting team in the League this year, and probably ever in history.

Context matters a little here.
Take Lebron off Cavs or Harden off Hou or Russ off OKC and all 3 teams are bad, but with all 3 playing, Hou and Cle are just better built teams.

OKC was built for KD/Russ, not Russ, and it shows, and Russ made due.

So what about the 4-19 record?

Without Lebron on the floor, what happens to their shooting?

This "teammates suck" narrative was pushed to elevate Russ even more for the MVP. EVERYONE knows that him averaging a triple-double was impressive, but don't create storylines just to pump your guy up (not saying you.) This is why I don't give it much credence.

That narrative is bunk.

That team is built for Lebron to be run by Lebron.

I refuse to believe that a team with a full training camp, two all-stars in Kyrie and K-Love, solid role players who can shoot, in the Eastern Conference aren't making the playoffs as AT LEAST a 8 seed.

You just can't ignore the record. Cavs are what they are when Lebron doesn't play.

So what about the 4-19 record?

Without Lebron on the floor, what happens to their shooting?

This "teammates suck" narrative was pushed to elevate Russ even more for the MVP. EVERYONE knows that him averaging a triple-double was impressive, but don't create storylines just to pump your guy up (not saying you.) This is why I don't give it much credence.

How many of those 23 games did Kyrie and/or Love not play? They're usually all resting together.

You give Lebron this same OKC team though, and they are WAY WAY better. 

Way better.

Give Harden the team, and I think they are also better than what Russ has them currently.

You give Lebron this same OKC team though, and they are WAY WAY better. 
Way better.
Give Harden the team, and I think they are also better than what Russ has them currently.

Bron is a better player so maybe. But Harden? They still don't have any shooters are you speaking for a playoff run or regular season? Bron takes too many games off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom