2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just can't ignore the record. Cavs are what they are when Lebron doesn't play.
The Cavs would most definitely be a playoff team without him. They would have to change the way they play of course but with a  full training camp and they can still make the  playoffs. They might not advance past the first round but they make the playoffs.

Lebron makes them a championship team.

You give Lebron this same OKC team though, and they are WAY WAY better. 
Way better.
Give Harden the team, and I think they are also better than what Russ has them currently.

I don't disagree.

I think Harden's play is more conducive to winning, and obviously Lebron as well.

Way better.

Give Harden the team, and I think they are also better than what Russ has them currently.
Nice non-homerism there, I agree with you (though it's pretty speculative).

Way better.

Nah. Dude would be asking for A LOT more help than he did this season.

You just can't ignore the record. Cavs are what they are when Lebron doesn't play.
The Cavs would most definitely be a playoff team without him. They would have to change the way they play of course but with a  full training camp and they can still make the  playoffs. They might not advance past the first round but they make the playoffs.

Lebron makes them a championship team.

How do you say that when over the years they are 4-19 w/o him on the floor.

Sorry, but Kevin Love is perfect in his role as 3rd banana in that offense. Kyrie is perfect in his role as Robin to Lebron's Batman. Kyrie wasn't anything but a variant hot sauce before Lebron got there, and Kevin Love was putting up empty stats in Minnesota. The Lebron effect is real and I 100000% refuse to believe that they'd be anything more than a fringe lottery team with the two of them leading the charge. Lebron changes the WHOLE dynamic of that franchise.

Against

Dipo

Semaj

Adams

Roberson

Kanter

What squad is going to do better..seriously.

If anything OKC overachieved after losing KD and Serge. Russ is the reason why. No system, no shooters. Just beasting out.
Again, Vegas had OKC at 45.5 wins this season and Houston at 41.  So the "overachieving" narrative is completely revisionist.

Way better.
Bron is a better player so maybe. But Harden? They still don't have any shooters are you speaking for a playoff run or regular season? Bron takes too many games off.
Both Regular season and Playoff runs they would be better with Lebron or Harden.

Harden would be 1+ shooter added for OKC which already helps and skill to skill/ player to player, I think Harden is better. 

How do you say that when over the years they are 4-19 w/o him on the floor.

Sorry, but Kevin Love is perfect in his role as 3rd banana in that offense. Kyrie is perfect in his role as Robin to Lebron's Batman. Kyrie wasn't anything but a variant hot sauce before Lebron got there, and Kevin Love was putting up empty stats in Minnesota. The Lebron effect is real and I 100000% refuse to believe that they'd be anything more than a fringe lottery team with the two of them leading the charge. Lebron changes the WHOLE dynamic of that franchise.
They would definitely make the playoffs in the East.  You serious?

Not contenders though.

Harden lost it in both ways. The first time against Curry was okay but now this? id be heated if I was him...

Harden lost it in both ways. The first time against Curry was okay but now this? id be heated if I was him...

Dude made an argument from his own mouth against himself. This is going to hurt him though for sure he wanted the award bigly.

Against

Dipo
Semaj
Adams
Roberson
Kanter

What squad is going to do better..seriously.

If anything OKC overachieved after losing KD and Serge. Russ is the reason why. No system, no shooters. Just beasting out.
Again, Vegas had OKC at 45.5 wins this season and Houston at 41.  So the "overachieving" narrative is completely revisionist.

It's funny how everyone ignores how the narrative has changed :lol: There were people saying Houston wasn't going to make the playoffs this year :lol:

It's funny how everyone ignores how the narrative has changed
laugh.gif
There were people saying Houston wasn't going to make the playoffs this year
laugh.gif
They just don't reply to this and go on posting the same old stuff.

How much of those predictions were contingent on how down they were on Harden and how they underachieved and how much respect they have for Russ.

****** are running wild with all of these hypothetical scenarios 
laugh.gif

If you argument is centered around something that didn't happen...you don't have an argument at all. 

How much of those predictions were contingent on how down they were on Harden and how they underachieved and how much respect they have for Russ.
I'm sure it had to do with both.  Also high expectations for guys like Steven Adams and Oladipo and low ones for Eric Gordon and the Houston supporting cast.

Still its important to point out that the narrative OKC overachieved compared to expectations is wrong.

I don't know how folks thought OKC were going to do as good as they've done this year. I could see the Houston angle and Harden and the Rockets were awesome this year so yes, they overachieved. Fair enough.

I don't see how people thought OKC wasn't going to experience a bigger drop than 10 games.

Way better.

Wow. Had to look at the screen name again to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

A moment of honesty and objectivity? Well I'll be....:lol:

I don't know how folks thought OKC were going to do as good as they've done this year. I could see the Houston angle and Harden and the Rockets were awesome this year so yes, they overachieved. Fair enough.

I don't see how people thought OKC wasn't going to experience a bigger drop than 10 games.
Cuz the team really isn't that bad.  They have a legitimate superstar and some top level role players (especially defensively) and they're well coached.  Obviously they don't have a second star and contending talent but you don't need that to win 45 games.

Last edited:
I'm sure it had to do with both.  Also high expectations for guys like Steven Adams and Oladipo and low ones for Eric Gordon and the Houston supporting cast.

Still its important to point out that the narrative OKC overachieved compared to expectations is wrong.

Well only one guy predicted them at 47 wins from that pic so they did overachieve although it be to a lesser extent than the Rockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom