2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Harden wasn't even trying :x

He had LA or Gasol on the switch a lot of times and could've just blows by them but he was too bored and just kept shooting 3s
This
People don't understand how good Roberson's defense is. He should be 1st team all defense but he won't make it.
This also his defense makes him playable even though he's such a negative o player elite defender and rebounder can also cut decent enough

I don't think Spurs have the personnel to defend Houston effectively AND score

LMA
David Lee
Pau Gasol

Are all defensive liabilities

Manu
Tony Parker

Are too old to keep up with Rockets pace all series

That leaves

Mills
Green
Kawhi
Simmons
Dedmond

Vs

Lou
Gordon
Harden
Anderson
Capela

So basically Kawhi will need to avg 40-50 a game to win

Last edited:
Just saw the highlights from the Spurs game. Wow.

Also didn't really see a reason why Nene was ejected. Did he say something to the ref?

Spurs should have given the Sixers a 2nd round pick for Noel if that's all it took...:smh:

Spurs bigs are just too slow to cover all of Houston's action, and they don't have anyone outside of Kawhi who's good enough to effectively harrass Harden on every single possession.

OKC had Gibson & Adams, two mobile bigs, then Roberson is more athletic & longer than Danny Green.

This is just a rough matchup for the Spurs. Gasol, Lee & Aldridge are all too slow.

It makes no sense to play all 3 of them, especially Aldrige if you're not gonna feed him the ball on offense. He has no use at that point.

Last edited:
T1000 needs to download a playmaker app this off season.

And I still don't know why they don't use LMA as the screener for T1000

That's an automatic trap if they do. LMA not a good enough passer once he receives the pass.

True but he should be able to knock down the catch and shoot jumper from 18 ft if they don't rotate to him.

I mean it beats him being the dive guy on the baseline when he can't move

C-0w-UpVwAUdNrQ.jpg

Spurs need an Ibaka or Draymond type player

Paul Gasol would be a more effective screener, he can hit that shot

But he's food for Capela on D

Last edited:

At minimum that gets LMA a wide open 18 footer. He is absolutely useless with how they're using him right now :lol:

Also more lineups with Dedmon at the 5, Kawhi at the 4.

Not sure if Pop will get that creative though. But SAS is gonna have a tough time taking even 1 game if Pop insists on playing all three of Lee Aldridge & Gasol.

Last edited:
This
This also his defense makes him playable even though he's such a negative o player elite defender and rebounder can also cut decent enough
He is listed as a forward so Dre would be on all defense 2nd team since Leonard and Draymond will make it over him on the 1st team. Unless they slide him to the guard position then he would be able to make it to the 1st team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom