2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are two COMPLETELY different players, bud.

Might not be a more dynamic scorer in the NBA than IT....but tell me something else outside of that aspect of the game he does better than Wall?
Dudes really sit back and wait til a loss or bad performance to spew nonsense. If Wall hits a game winner last night...he probably doesn't even post any of that. 

You can't really discuss the game with people who evaluate the game like that. They have their minds made up already and 9/10 they just want to player A vs. player B you to death and have no real intentions on providing or gaining any insight.

I wasn't referring to the Lakers (obviously).  I was referring to the average playoff teams of the era (like the Lakers' finals opponents).  If you had responded with an actual thought I would have told you that.

Just ribbing you dude. Panties =/= bunch

-Avery Bradley is a joy to watch on defense. Innate gifts on that end. You can't really teach what he does on defense. He just has "it".

Yea like when he grabbed walls hand causing him to lose his dribble. Dude has a lot of cheap tricks and gets away with more hand checking than anybody else I've seen

-Avery Bradley is a joy to watch on defense. Innate gifts on that end. You can't really teach what he does on defense. He just has "it".

Yea like when he grabbed walls hand causing him to lose his dribble. Dude has a lot of cheap tricks and gets away with more hand checking than anybody else I've seen

No way you hoop. Real hoopers don't complain about cheap tricks.

I will say this though, 

That foul that the ref called on Horford when Oubre fell beside of him, was bogus. 

Then when Isiah fell over Gortat, he didn't get a call.. 

I thought that was inconsistent and ridiculous. 

You are discrediting a lot
Discrediting what Bradley does. I interpret this as you calling him a gimmick defender. He is strong, quick, and actually has skill on that side of the ball. Don't trivialize that man's skills like that.

Sure, he gets away with tricks, at times, but who doesn't.

Idk about y'all but I miss #6 LeBron.

Heat LeBron > Cavs LeBron

I've missed #6 every single day since he left

200.gif

Nah this got Spurs-Heat 2014 written all over it. They getting washed.

You'd think so, because the writing seems to be on the wall. GSW running a train through the entire league, the Cavs going up against mediocre competition and looking good.

But one bad injury and LeBron and Co. will take advantage.

Idk about y'all but I miss #6 LeBron.

Heat LeBron > Cavs LeBron

Heat LeBron was on another level. He entered his prime when he was with the Heat. Cavs LeBron is more smarter, but the usage is at it's highest. Wonder how long he can sustain this level of performance.

Terry Rozier is +94 in the postseason. That leads the NBA.

Incredible. Never saw that one coming.

A1 :lol:

They are two COMPLETELY different players, bud.

Might not be a more dynamic scorer in the NBA than IT....but tell me something else outside of that aspect of the game he does better than Wall?
Dudes really sit back and wait til a loss or bad performance to spew nonsense. If Wall hits a game winner last night...he probably doesn't even post any of that. 

You can't really discuss the game with people who evaluate the game like that. They have their minds made up already and 9/10 they just want to player A vs. player B you to death and have no real intentions on providing or gaining any insight.

Man, you're 100% right.

I think most of us recognize how good IT is. However, it's crazy to compare the guys because they are not similar at all as far as how they play the game.

I should have figured that the hot takes would be out of control this morning.

Last night was a historic game.

First time one player scored 50 while a opposing player scored 40 in Playoff history.

John Wall was the first player since Jerry West in 1969 to have 40 & 10 vs Boston in the Playoffs.

John Wall is also the 2nd player in NBA history with 40 & 13 in the Playoffs. Westbrook is the other player.

ESPN should hire you.

Last edited:
How much of a like for like Comparisons you need.

Y'all act like Kobe and Lebron are the same type of player
Magic and Bird
Wilt and Russel
Harden and Westbrook and Kawhi
White PG and Black GH

At least Wall and IT aren't both PGs

Y'all just want to move the goal post and say they're different players so you can avoid admitting IT is superior this series

Last edited:
The Cavs have nothing to lose this year same as last. They're not supposed to win. They just outplayed the better team last year. GS has to win to remain relavent...
nah golden state will be relevant if they lead the west. Need two teams to play in the finals both teams are relevant.
I guess having the best regular season record a couple of years in a row could be considered relevant..

Last edited:
Kobe and lebron are totally different players. Kobe's mentality is on a whole different level. Lebron is a freak athlete with abnormal court knowledge that the game hasn't seen.

How much of a like for like Comparisons you need.

Y'all act like Kobe and Lebron are the same type of player
Magic and Bird
Wilt and Russel
Harden and Westbrook and Kawhi
White PG and Black GH

At least Wall and IT aren't both PGs

Y'all just want to move the goal post and say they're different players so you can avoid admitting IT is superior this series

IT has been superior this series. I don't think anyone could argue that so far.

2 games hasn't changed my mind about who the better player is though. IT has been the superior scorer all season. He hides for 3 quarters on defense then explodes in the 4th because teams switch and he has a big on him that can't guard him. Wall had 3 blocks and 3 steals last night. It didn't help the Wizards in the overall outcome of the game so those stats defensively aren't recognized by the casual viewer.

Kobe and lebron are totally different players. Kobe's mentality is on a whole different level. Lebron is a freak athlete with abnormal court knowledge that the game hasn't seen.

Really interested to see what happens to LeBron when he loses his speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom