2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will become even more of a deadly passer and clearly he's working on his shot as he's shooting more efficiently than he ever has. I thought his game was gonna disappear when his athleticism declined, but he's really changing his game in ways that I didn't think he could.

I don't think so. He still hasn't perfected his mid-range game, or has a move that he can use to get him an easy bucket when needed. A lot of what he does is still dependent on his athleticism.

Wouldn't that be the case with all [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

No, because most players don't that the physical athletic gifts as LeBron. It's one thing when you've been a shooter your entire career, but when you've relied on power and speed, things change when you're at the tail end. You become more dependent on mid-range and post scoring.

He'll be a better version of Draymond Green (on offense.)

Good comparison.

50% shooting from 3 on 40 attempts in G1, 53 points from Isiah in G2. Washington just has to stay the course. Beal should bounce back, Isiah should regress from historically great, to just regular great ( :lol: ), and then this should be a 2-2 series heading into G5.

Incredible individual effort from Isiah. Just incredible. He's mastered creating out of the pnr. And Washington can't trap it because Horford is more than capable of making the right play after the dump-off. IT's gonna be an issue all series long

Last edited:
Kobe and lebron are totally different players. Kobe's mentality is on a whole different level. Lebron is a freak athlete with abnormal court knowledge that the game hasn't seen.

Really interested to see what happens to LeBron when he loses his speed.
One of the greatest physical specimens we've ever seen, treats his fitness and nutrition like a 24/7/365 job year-round. There's going to be some physical regression with age but I don't think we'll ever see a "slow" LeBron

How much of a like for like Comparisons you need.

Y'all act like Kobe and Lebron are the same type of player
Magic and Bird
Wilt and Russel
Harden and Westbrook and Kawhi
White PG and Black GH

At least Wall and IT aren't both PGs

Y'all just want to move the goal post and say they're different players so you can avoid admitting IT is superior this series
Were we discussing the SERIES or in general? Because one of yall said Wall isn't in his CLASS PERIOD
What better time to compare than Head to head?

We'll see what the All-NBA voters think

Last edited:
Can we also agree the plus minus stat is the most overrated stat in basketball? Beal has a better plus minus then Wall does. We as viewers all know that's BS. Wall has shown up more then Beal in these playoffs. Stat mean nothing.

glad to see your ok after that massive choke job by the wizards in probably the most crucial game of their season

If I'm Pop I'm starting Simmons tonight in place of Lee
Honestly Dedmon & LMA should be their only centers. Remove Gasol & Lee from the rotation entirely.

If he insists on having LMA at the 4 then he HAS to let him go at Anderson on the block. That's supposed to be an advantage. If not then you can't have him at the 4.

I have no clue how Pop watched the film and thought it would help the team to have Lee, Gasol & Aldridge playing 20+ mins.

One of the greatest physical specimens we've ever seen, treats his fitness and nutrition like a 24/7/365 job year-round. There's going to be some physical regression with age but I don't think we'll ever see a "slow" LeBron

Father time is undefeated.

The way he gets beat up and puts wear and tear to his body, something's gotta give at some point.

We will see a slow LeBron eventually. I just hope he develops a mid-range game soon. I'm not sold on his 3-point shooting yet. It's such a small sample size.

Smart money still says to give him cushion in the perimeter and dare him to shoot. He's most dangerous getting into the teeth of the defense and kicking the ball out to the open man. He hasn't proven to be a consistent knock down shooter for an extended period of time. 5-game sample size is NOT enough for me to sweat him being open for the 3.

Last edited:
What better time to compare than Head to head?

We'll see what the All-NBA voters think
Head to Head isn't HEAD TO HEAD though.

Too many variables and outside forces present. Like I said, it isn't 1 on 1.

Point is, it is ridiculous to say one is "hands down" better than the other.

It is a legit argument and you can make the case for either one.

I am not even saying IT isn't better.

I am not even arguing against John Wall not being as good.

You can go in EITHER direction if you have a sound argument is ALL I am saying.

It's 2017. Who cares about a midrange game? He hasn't perfected the worst shot in basketball, oh no. :lol:

The entire league is moving away from that area of the floor.

I think we may start to see Lebron regress somewhat after 35. However, he's serious about his conditioning and off-season training. Yes, father time plays a role, but you cannot underestimate how serious a guy like Bron is about his health. As long as injuries don't take a toll on him, I think he can play at a high level for another 3 seasons easily.

Kobe was playing at a high level until 34. I always wondered if he would've been capable of doing it after 34, but injuries happened. Achilles surgery after tearing it and his fractured knee pretty much did it for him at the age of 35.

Last edited:
Beal Should've made that short jumper
Beal out here lookin' like a straight () last night, every part of his body language and game looked shaky 
mean.gif

I expect him to benefit most from going home.

Last edited:
Lebron could probably adapt his game and avg 10p 10r 10a

So maybe he can still win an MVP late in his career

:nerd:

Yea lebrons free throws are traaaaaaaaaaash

In miami dude crazy everywhere on the court

Last edited:
It's 2017. Who cares about a midrange game? He hasn't perfected the worst shot in basketball, oh no.
laugh.gif

But what happens when you play a team that can run you off of that 3 point line and pack the paint. It's not a necessity to have a jumper in today's game but it's a great thing to have in the arsenal.

Speaking of terrible body language, I was disappointed in John Wall's body language in the 4th. 

Of course he was tired  but you don't win being tired. He doesn't get NBA 2K "Tiredless scorer" badge. 

He's gotta assert himself in the next few games if they want to make it a series but Celtics are looking to sweep them.

Al Horford with the complete game in points, rebounds, assist and play making. I'd agreed that he's one, if not, the most complete center in the NBA right now. 

And the mid-range game is still effective. To say it's not, you don't understand. 

It's 2017. Who cares about a midrange game? He hasn't perfected the worst shot in basketball, oh no. :lol:

“People say, ‘You can’t shoot the three.’ But I can defend, I can pass, rebound, score. You got guys that all they can do is shoot and nothing else. Like, how *** backwards is that? Only in America can you be a lacrosse player and judge basketball. Or you’ve never played basketball and say, ‘Yeah, I was working on the stock market—[stuff] wasn’t working so now I’m in the NBA judging talent.’ [The media] can write stuff on something they have no clue about.

“The future is in the mid-range. The mid-range is where the money’s at, man. I think the three-point shot opens up the court and everything like that, but MJ and all those great players made all of their money out of the mid-range. So I’m not sorry for that at all. Evan M. Turner. For sure, ‘M’ stands for mid-range. Anywhere within 15 feet is cash. I’ll try to get better at threes, but that’s my game.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom