2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT has been superior this series. I don't think anyone could argue that so far.

2 games hasn't changed my mind about who the better player is though. IT has been the superior scorer all season. He hides for 3 quarters on defense then explodes in the 4th because teams switch and he has a big on him that can't guard him. Wall had 3 blocks and 3 steals last night. It didn't help the Wizards in the overall outcome of the game so those stats defensively aren't recognized by the casual viewer.
...and 3 air balls.

But in all seriousness, tomorrow will most likely be a completely different story. This is probably the only series right now where home court means A LOT. I'm interested to see how DC turns out for G3.

Can we also agree the plus minus stat is the most overrated stat in basketball? Beal has a better plus minus then Wall does. We as viewers all know that's BS. Wall has shown up more then Beal in these playoffs. Stat mean nothing.

Kobe and lebron are totally different players. Kobe's mentality is on a whole different level. Lebron is a freak athlete with abnormal court knowledge that the game hasn't seen.
Really interested to see what happens to LeBron when he loses his speed.
He will become even more of a deadly passer and clearly he's working on his shot as he's shooting more efficiently than he ever has. I thought his game was gonna disappear when his athleticism declined, but he's really changing his game in ways that I didn't think he could.

Been trying to tell people about Rozier for a couple years now. Dude is the goods.

Don't be surprised if he takes the Eric Bledsoe path and is a pretty good starter somewhere eventually. 
Dudes a man amongst Point guard when grabbing boards

Can we also agree the plus minus stat is the most overrated stat in basketball? Beal has a better plus minus then Wall does. We as viewers all know that's BS. Wall has shown up more then Beal in these playoffs. Stat mean nothing.
I agree it gets more credit than it deserves, but it's by no means a bogus stat. Just look what the plus minus did to K. Love last year in the playoffs. If someone is negatively affecting the rest of the team when they're on the court they need to be on the bench immediately.

Isaiah and Wall are both great in different ways.

LeBron's size, court vision/passing skills, and bball IQ aren't going anywhere. He'll be fine. And when his athleticism does decline (it already has a little bit) he'll just be coming back closer to the field. Not like he'll suddenly be a subpar athlete barring a major injury.

Isaiah and Wall are both great in different ways.

LeBron's size, court vision/passing skills, and bball IQ aren't going anywhere. He'll be fine. And when his athleticism does decline (it already has a little bit) he'll just be coming back closer to the field. Not like he'll suddenly be a subpar athlete barring a major injury.
I don't know if there's ever been a superstar NBA player to avoid major injury the way this guy has.

But on the flipside Lebron's free throw is still trash.
It's actually declined from Miami days
laugh.gif
It gets worse every season. He's beyond frustrating to watch all those points him and that team leave off the board. People always blame their defense, which is a legitimate argument, but their free throws are flat out garbage.

Korver tried to teach him to change his stance/form with a lead right foot

He's since reverted to his OG square stance

It's not performance I'm worried about with LeBron aging... Jordan, Kobe, all these elite guys found ways to change up their game.

It's him getting severely injured. Will he be able to rehab and come back effective?

I don't think I remember a player over 30 years old that suffered a major injury and came back strong.

How much of a like for like Comparisons you need.

Y'all act like Kobe and Lebron are the same type of player
Magic and Bird
Wilt and Russel
Harden and Westbrook and Kawhi
White PG and Black GH

At least Wall and IT aren't both PGs

Y'all just want to move the goal post and say they're different players so you can avoid admitting IT is superior this series
Were we discussing the SERIES or in general? Because one of yall said Wall isn't in his CLASS PERIOD

Really though. We all did not see this coming but....

It amazes me how the Kings and Suns were like. Nahhhhh.... We have younger better guards than IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom