2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beal Should've made that short jumper

Beal was off last night...don't know how much of it was from Bradley's defense, having the yips, feeling the effects of physical play, or something going on off the court...but to me, he looked like he wasn't there. Not really sure how to explain it.

As a lifelong Bullets/Wizards fan, I knew Wall was gonna brick his shot when he got that ISO. That's his MO. However, when the ball came to Beal, for a brief second I thought the b-ball Gods were smiling down on the Wizards for once. But nope, Beal somehow airballed it. From 10 feet away. Crazy sequence punctuated with a head scratching shot attempt by Beal. Miss it by hitting the rim, fine....airball? WHAT???!!??

Speaking of terrible body language, I was disappointed in John Wall's body language in the 4th. 
Of course he was tired  but you don't win being tired. He doesn't get NBA 2K "Tiredless scorer" badge. 

He's gotta assert himself in the next few games if they want to make it a series but Celtics are looking to sweep them.

Al Horford with the complete game in points, rebounds, assist and play making. I'd agreed that he's one, if not, the most complete center in the NBA right now. 

And the mid-range game is still effective. To say it's not, you don't understand. 

One of, yes...most complete...nope. I'd give that nod to KAT or Marc Gasol.

I just knew that shot was going in. Even in an off game...Bradley Beal with a wide open short jumper from the free throw line...you can't ask for a better look than that. An air ball is the last thing I expected.

I can't agree that Kat's IQ is better than Horford right now. 

Gasol, well, Horford got the advantage over Gasol on being more athletic. 

C-68Gv1XoAYOISZ.jpg

Happy Birthday, Coach.

And the mid-range game is still effective. To say it's not, you don't understand.

[shoeking]K.[/shoeking] :lol:

And I'm not saying literally never shoot them, but it definitely shouldn't be the primary goal on offense. I think that's pretty clear by now.

I just knew that shot was going in. Even in an off game...Bradley Beal with a wide open short jumper from the free throw line...you can't ask for a better look than that. An air ball is the last thing I expected.

I honestly think he got his bell rung when he ran into Rozier. He didn't look right following that collision. Might have played a role in that bad miss. He shot that ball like he just finished a heavy arm day at the gym.

And I'm not saying literally never shoot them, but it definitely shouldn't be the primary goal on offense. I think that's pretty clear by now.
Demar Derozan is the 5th leading scorer in the NBA tho

I can't agree that Kat's IQ is better than Horford right now. 

Gasol, well, Horford got the advantage over Gasol on being more athletic. 

Does athleticism really play a role in saying who is a more complete player? Being athletic isn't really a skill, IMO.

Horford was getting ******* on all year....by his own fan base at times...for allegedly not providing the type of output expected for that deal he signed. 

Now he's the most complete 5 in the league? 

dame2.png

That's great that you keep pointing to one guy... a guy who also gets to the line almost 9 times a game.

And his midrange attempts have been down the past 2 years from what he was doing before that.

Last edited:

His ppg is down 5 points in the playoffs too

my dude did you even see the replay of the injury? did you even watch the game? Markieff was moving gingerly on the ankle all game, which is why IT kept abusing him off those screens. he couldn't rotate quick at all

Yeah. He tweaked his ankle. Just because your ankle can bend sideways doesn't mean it's severely sprained. I'm sitting at my desk right now bending my ankle in the same direction at a 90 degree angle. Do you know anything about the lateral ligament? The replay doesn't tell the story. He's a known baby.

View media item 2424184

Youve got to be trolling this foolishness. Swallow every ounce of your spit b.

[shoeking]K.[/shoeking]
laugh.gif

Yeah basically if you're not CJ McCullom, Demar, or ChrisPaul you probably have no business shooting enough midrange jumpers anyway to worry about that whole in someone's game.

Can we just get to CLE-GS PART 3 ALREADY
yup... Utah and Gs is boring. Same with Cleveland and Toronto. I ain't trying to watch light weights play heavy weights. Boring af

It dropping 50 just shows how much D sucks nowadays.a straight joke. Don't want to ever hear anyone say how much better defense is nowadays

Last edited:

Yeah basically if you're not CJ McCullom, Demar, or ChrisPaul you probably have no business shooting enough midrange jumpers anyway to worry about that whole in someone's game.

I feel like if you're a pick and roll player you need a midrange jumper. Minus Harden and curry

Horford was getting ******* on all year....by his own fan base at times...for allegedly not providing the type of output expected for that deal he signed. 

Now he's the most complete 5 in the league? 

dame2.png

To be fair, a lot of that came from DipsetGeneral. :lol:

That contract probably won't look great a couple years from now, and he was/is a big part of their rebounding problems, but he's still a pretty solid all-around player, and that contract is nowhere near the level of Parsons, Noah, Mozgov, Deng, etc. like some have said.

He's not the most complete 5 in the league though. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom