2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last year was a freak occurrence. The dubs were still the better team, they just had an epic meltdown WHILE Bron and Kyrie reached their final forms. Worst damn timing possible for them.
If Draymond doesn't get suspended man, the evidence is all there as far as where that series was going. 5 games, quick and painless.

But alas, that is why you play the games. Draymond gets suspended, Bogut dies, Iggy back gives out, ALONG WITH Kyrie and Lebron going brazy.

GSW vs CLE meeting for the third time in the Finals is pretty much just like the Lakers and Celtics meeting three times in the Finals in the 80s. Both teams simply heads above the rest and the only time they ever gonna be challenged is when they meet each other in the championship round.
the C's were at least pushed by the sixers during the start of their dynasty and pistons at the end
the Lakers pretty much ran thru the west and were barely challenged except during the end, and even then they won their gm 7s

cavs/w's just coastin to the finals
Both the Lakers and Celtics were challenged a few times throughout the entire decade because the 80s teams were way deeper and stronger than today's NBA landscape.

At the end of the day though, it was still Lakers and Celtics who were a level above everyone else. Injuries is what hurt both teams during the tail end of both dynasties.

View media item 2426137

Warriors are the 2017 version of this man lol

And I don't literally mean 'bad for the NBA' by the way, on the contrary this is good for the league. But they're this dominant to me

That was published near the end of the Bulls dynasty too, we're probably only seeing the beginning of Golden State's run :x

Last edited:

Last year was a freak occurrence. The dubs were still the better team, they just had an epic meltdown WHILE Bron and Kyrie reached their final forms. Worst damn timing possible for them.
If Draymond doesn't get suspended man, the evidence is all there as far as where that series was going. 5 games, quick and painless.

But alas, that is why you play the games. Draymond gets suspended, Bogut dies, Iggy back gives out, ALONG WITH Kyrie and Lebron going brazy.
Kyrie going off had me conflicted man, cuz I'd called him an elite scorer prior to that and NT roasted me, so I felt that vindication......but it also meant Bron was on his way to another ring 
laugh.gif

Nahhhh no way shoeking is 50 :rofl:
shoeking 25 at most.... Dude said Jordan midrange game wasn't that good. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Another garbage game. Gs and Cleveland against inferior squads are boring as hell..I need to fast forward the playoffs till the finals.

Last edited:
GSW loves to do a lot of off-ball screens to get guys open, while Steph or whoever is handling the ball runs PNR and has all kinds of freedom to create.

Don't be surprised if CLE picks up the primary ball handler a lot sooner beyond the top of the key BEFORE the pick even presents itself and puts pressure (doubles) the ball handler WHILE switching every single off ball screen the Warriors do to get their guys/cutters open.

I'm surprised why teams aren't doing this but of course, GSW's opponents simply don't have the resources to employ this type of defensive strategy.

Warriors were able to build the team because steph had a crap deal. He is about to max out from all that money due. Warriors will not be the same in the next couple seasons.

@MagicJohnson: If you haven't been watching the playoffs you're missing great individual performances, outstanding team ball & excellent coaching strategy!

shoeking 25 at most.... Dude said Jordan midrange game wasn't that good. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I could be 50 lol

And I said his midrange with the wizards wasn't good, because it wasn't. He was like 40% from there during his time in Washington and didn't make or take any 3's to supplant that.

Warriors were able to build the team because steph had a crap deal. He is about to max out from all that money due. Warriors will not be the same in the next couple seasons.
Like I said earlier, luck matters.

There's no way they have the team now if they maxed out steph. Stars (and injuries to steph) aligned perfectly.

And as long as they have Steph/KD/Draymond they'll be good.

Last edited:

I could be 50 lol

And I said his midrange with the wizards wasn't good, because it wasn't. He was like 40% from there during his time in Washington and didn't make or take any 3's to supplant that.
40% from 15-20 feet out for a 40+ year old is damn good.

Jordan's mid range game with the Wizards was better than a lot of 25 year olds at  that time, in spite of his FG% relative to his days with the Bulls. MJ still averaged 20 as a Wizard at his old age. 

laugh.gif
 No matter how many times people who actually understand the cap explains how the Warriors can keep and pay all 4 them...people who DON'T understand the cap just swear they can't.

40% from 15-20 feet out for a 40+ year old is damn good.

Jordan's mid range game with the Wizards was better than a lot of 25 year olds at  that time, in spite of his FG% relative to his days with the Bulls. MJ still averaged 20 as a Wizard at his old age. 
I don't care about him being 40+ years old fam.

If you don't get how shooting 40% from that area while not even taking 1 three a game while still having a 30% Usage rate is pretty awful then I mean, idk what to tell you.

I don't mean to go straight analytics, but dude didn't even crack a 50% TS and all of his shots where basically midrange jumpers during this time. That is awful bro.

If GSW blowing a 3-1 lead to CLE was a fluke, so was OKC blowing a 3-1 lead to GSW
it Was. Gs was better then Cleveland but okc was better then Gs.. Okc was the best team in the L in the playoffs last year.. Best team doesn't always win.
.I really feel like Durant wanted to lose that series. I believe there are agendas in basketball tho.. It's like wrestling to me.

Last edited:
no they aint. they already lost in the finals

jordan bulls never lost when they played a complete season together.

cavs can beat them
last year was a fluke..Gs was the better team.

Yeah stars aligned for Cleveland last year. Started with the Draymond suspension and it snowballed from there. Does anyone actually think Cleveland was better than Golden State last year? Better team doesn't always win the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom