2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would put Lebron over Magic today
Individual skill-set wise and athleticism, yes. But the leadership, toughness, and ability to impact the sport the way Magic did at all facets and dominate at all 5 positions? No way.

You gotta remember, Magic averaged nearly 3 steals a game in his early prime and was known as a great defensive player his first 5 years in the league. Magic had a shortlived career but damn near dominated every single season for 12 years. If Bird, Moses Malone, Kareem, and Jordan never existed, Magic would've won at least 7 MVP's.

Lebron doesn't have nowhere near the peer group that Magic had in the 80s.

Magic won 2 of 3 Finals against the Sixer dynasty.
Magic won 2 of 3 Finals against the Celtic dynasty.
Magic beat the Bad Boys in the Finals at their prime.

Lebron is 1 for 3 against the only dynasty he's ever faced prior to GSW - the Spurs
And he could end up 1 for 3 against the GSW dynasty after this season is all said and done.
How do you quantify leadership, toughness, and impacting the sport? As Lebron goes, so do EVERY team he plays on. Toughness? Never dealt w/ a major injury...probably playing thru pain and is banged up (as is anyone else this time of year.)

If it came down to it, I'm taking Lebron 100x out of 100 over Magic.
That's why people have opinions.

I'd go to WAR with Magic over Lebron any day of the week.

How do you quantify leadership and toughness? As Lebron goes, so do EVERY team he plays on. Toughness? Never dealt w/ a major injury...probably playing thru pain and is banged up (as is anyone else this time of year.)

Man I say this All the time.

Like when people say someone's "will" was greater...what the hell does this mean? What do you mean Player x's toughness was greater than Player Y's? It's just jargon used to help romanticize and sell the sport.

How do you quantify leadership and toughness? As Lebron goes, so do EVERY team he plays on. Toughness? Never dealt w/ a major injury...probably playing thru pain and is banged up (as is anyone else this time of year.)

Man I say this All the time.

Like when people say someone's "will" was greater...what the hell does this mean? What do you mean Player x's toughness was greater than Player Y's? It's just jargon used to help romanticize and sell the sport.
Why is Draymond Green more effective than Blake Griffin? Why is it that Tyson Chandler was more effective in DAL's title run than any year DeAndre Jordan has ever played in the playoffs (and both players were surrounded by superstar PG's and superstar PF's)?

Yeah, because of "jargon."

LOL

He's more effective inside and out

Lately he thinks he's Steph Curry

Is he really effective INSIDE and out though? I don't know the numbers but i'm assuming he isn't all that great on post ups and his strengths are in Pick and Pop scenarios
Inside he can still grab offensive rebounds or be there for putbacks

Outside those abilities are nullified

Last edited:
Cleveland has more 3 pt threats than anyone in the league.
Gs has players with the most 3pt talent, but almost everyone on the Cavs will likely hit an open shot.

GSW watching this game and saying to themselves, "Coach better be ready by June or else we in trouble" 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Why is Draymond Green more effective than Blake Griffin? Why is it that Tyson Chandler was more effective in DAL's title run than any year DeAndre Jordan has ever played in the playoffs (and both players were surrounded by superstar PG's and superstar PF's)?

LOL
So how do measure toughess and leadership fam?

And what does that have to do with Tyson Chandler, Blake Griffin, DJ, and Draymond? I don't even get the silly dumb point you trying to make.

You use these old, cliche, jargon to justify ridiculous claims regarding basketball and it's flat out silly.

Draymond has GOAT shooters

As well as an additional former MVP, pretty sure that's why he's effective.

Put him on the clippers he ain't doing ****

Yea guys, Bron is 8th all time in leadership, 6th in toughness, 11th in impacting the sport. Maybe he can close the gap in the next few seasons.

Only players with a bigger impact on the game is Jordan and Iverson. Idk where you found the other 9 from.

Inside he can still grab offensive rebounds or be there for putbacks

Outside those abilities are nullified
Nah I'm not saying he should abandon the inside at all.

All i'm saying is that Serge can shoot. He shot almost 40% on 3's this year at over 4 attempts per. His greatest asset right now as a player to me (Because he's in decline) is his ability to be a floor spacing 4 man.

LOL
So how do measure toughess and leadership fam?

And what does that have to do with Tyson Chandler, Blake Griffin, DJ, and Draymond? I don't even get the silly dumb point you trying to make.

You use these old, cliche, jargon to justify ridiculous claims regarding basketball and it's flat out silly.
You don't get it? WOW.

I'll let you figure that one out on your own.

There are certain intangibles in all of sports that cannot be quantified. YOU JUST SEE IT PLAY OUT ON THE DAMN COURT/FIELD.

If you don't get what separates Draymond from Blake, Chandler from Jordan, Brady from Ryan, Newton, etc, Rice from Moss, Kobe from T-Mac, A.I. from Marbury, then you'll never get it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom