2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea guys, Bron is 8th all time in leadership, 6th in toughness, 11th in impacting the sport. Maybe he can close the gap in the next few seasons.

Lmao

But in all seriousness I was just thinking about whether or not LeBron gets 6 rings or even 1 more ring, in the big picture when it's all said and done LeBrons foot print on the league, impact, legacy, influence, etc. The name LEBRON will be #1 or equal to. Numbers wise in the end everything will be debatable as the greatest.

It's just like where do you even begin with LeBron and what he is to the NBA. For starters he's the most polarizing player ever and every person that hates his guts supports all this and increases how much LeBron means to the league.

Ironic that the Raps booked a magic act for the 3rd-4th quarter break since the Cavs are about to make them disappear.

You don't get it? WOW.

I'll let you figure that one out on your own.

There are certain intangibles in all of sports that cannot be quantified. YOU JUST SEE IT PLAY OUT ON THE DAMN COURT/FIELD.

If you don't get what separates Griffin from Draymond, Chandler from Jordan, Brady from Ryan, Newton, etc, Rice from Moss, Kobe from T-Mac, A.I. from Marbury, then you'll never get it.
What separates Chandler from Jordan is playing with peak Dirk Nowitzki.

What Separates Griffin from Draymond is the fact that one plays with Steph/Klay/KD.

Intangibles are overrated. Draymond isn't great because of intangibles. None of the guys you mentioned are great because of intangibles. The guys you highlighted are great because they are 1) Really damn good and 2) Benefit from circumstance

Now if you can't see that then YOU'LL never get it
laugh.gif

***** really highlighed Draymond vs Blake as if Draymond doesn't play with Steph / Klay / KD, Highlighed Kobe in comparison to Mac and AI w/o acknowledging SHAQUILLE O'NEAL LOL. Circumstance matters.
You still don't get it. Jordan has been playing with PEAK Griffin the last 4 years. The Clippers were one of the favorites to represent the West in the Finals 2 years ago! Did you forget so easily LOL. Dallas was not the favorite to make the Finals the year they won it all, so stop acting like you expected Dirk to get his ring the day the playoffs began that year. Chandler dominated the paint in the playoffs that year and helped Dirk. Guys like Stevenson, Barea, and Terry played out of their minds. Meanwhile, your boyz CP3, Griffin, Redick, Jordan, Crawford, can't seem to fire on all cylinders when it counts most LMAO. Your revisionist history is making me laugh. Stop it bro.

"Intangibles are overrated" LMAO. So tell me this: why did the Pistons defeat the Lakers in '04 when the Lakers had a hall-of-fame lineup that included PRIME Kobe and Shaq? Why did the 6 seed Rockets win the chip in '95 when everything pointed against it?

To think Draymond is great "because of circumstance" is one of the most ignorant things ever said in this thread. Draymond was VERY GOOD WELL BEFORE THE WARRIORS BECAME A CONTENDER. But I can tell you didn't pay attention to Green's early years in the league. There's a reason Myers and West never traded Green. They knew he brought the intangibles and toughness needed that  every championship team always has in their lineup. Green's always been the perfect role player who did all the dirty work, and this was evident back in '13-'14!!!

Don't be mad bro. I get it. You ain't 50, and you just barely started watching the sport in 2002 so I don't expect you to know sports like others here.

Last edited:
Ridiculous.

Magic, Bird, Wilt, Shaq, Kobe?

How can you say something like that?

There's more then 10 players who's had as big as impact on the league or bigger then LeBron.

First of all no one in here saw Wilt play and your only knowledge of him is him holding that 100 picture. Next you said impact by impact I look at a player's influence on the league, Lebron has been the face of the NBA for the past 10 yrs. And the fact you think Larry Bird is over Lebron in anything is mind boggling.

Cavs gotta give Kyle Korver a bag once the season is over and he becomes a free agent.

You still don't get it. Jordan has been playing with PEAK Griffin the last 4 years. The Clippers were one of the favorites to represent the West in the Finals 2 years ago! Did you forget so easily LOL. Dallas was not the favorite to make the Finals the year they won it all. Chandler dominated the paint in the playoffs that year and helped Dirk. Your revisionist history is making me laugh. Stop it bro.

"Intangibles are overrated" LMAO. So tell me this: why did the Pistons defeat the Lakers in '04 when the Lakers had a hall-of-fame lineup that included PRIME Kobe and Shaq? Why did the 6 seed Rockets win the chip in '95 when everything pointed against it?

To think Draymond is great "because of circumstance" is one of the most ignorant things ever said in this thread. Draymond was VERY GOOD WELL BEFORE THE WARRIORS BECAME A CONTENDER. But I can tell you didn't pay attention to Green's early years in the league. There's a reason Myers and West never traded Green. They knew he brought the intangibles and toughness needed that  every championship team always has in their lineup. Green's always been the perfect role player who did all the dirty work, and this was evident back in '13-'14!!!

Don't be mad bro. I get it. You ain't 50, and you just barely started watching the sport in 2002 so I don't expect you to know sports like others here.
Damn there was so much wrong with this. This was dumb as hell fam, i'm keeping it a buck with you. I could take down this dumb *** post one by one but i'll just leave it here.

Start Over.

Wait, nvm don't start over. Just...Stop.

Reactions: HIM
Put Draymond on Clippers he ain't doing ****

Wouldn't even be an all-star

Last edited:
You still don't get it. Jordan has been playing with PEAK Griffin the last 4 years. The Clippers were one of the favorites to represent the West in the Finals 2 years ago! Did you forget so easily LOL. Dallas was not the favorite to make the Finals the year they won it all, so stop acting like you expected Dirk to get his ring the day the playoffs began that year. Chandler dominated the paint in the playoffs that year and helped Dirk. Guys like Stevenson, Barea, and Terry played out of their minds. Meanwhile, your boyz CP3, Griffin, Redick, Jordan, Crawford, can't seem to fire on all cylinders when it counts most LMAO. Your revisionist history is making me laugh. Stop it bro.

I don't even know what the argument is but Draymond is GS's most important player. They go as far as he takes them

You still don't get it. Jordan has been playing with PEAK Griffin the last 4 years. The Clippers were one of the favorites to represent the West in the Finals 2 years ago! Did you forget so easily LOL. Dallas was not the favorite to make the Finals the year they won it all. Chandler dominated the paint in the playoffs that year and helped Dirk. Your revisionist history is making me laugh. Stop it bro.

Damn there was so much wrong with this. This was dumb as hell fam, i'm keeping it a buck with you. I could take down this dumb *** post one by one but i'll just leave it here.

Start Over.

Wait, nvm don't start over. Just...Stop.
^^ Proof that you had no counterattack and I just flat out shut you up.

Game over. 

First of all no one in here saw Wilt play and your only knowledge of him is him holding that 100 picture. Next you said impact by impact I look at a player's influence on the league, Lebron has been the face of the NBA for the past 10 yrs. And the fact you think Larry Bird is over Lebron in anything is mind boggling.

You need to stop confusing impact with talent.

Do you know how big Bird was?

I can't take you serious if it's mind boggling to think Bird had as big of an impact on the league as Bron did.

Some of y'all are too caught in the moment of this LeBron jock sniffing.

He is great, he isn't the first great or last.

I don't even know what the argument is but Draymond is GS's most important player. They go as far as he takes them
KD disagrees

Only thing Draymond has on Blake Griffin is he's a better defender and he doesn't get hurt every post season.

I totally agree. I think they're actually a bit vulnerable without him and borderline invincible with him.

But that's not because of his "heart" or "desire" or "Will"

It's because he's 6'7.5 with like a 7'2 wingspan who's built like a refrigerator and moves like a guard which allows him to adequately defend 5 positions and allows GSW to keep their best players on the floor in key moments (Death Lineup) AND he's a really good playmaker.

Those are acutally tangible reasons why Draymond green is great, not some cliche ESPN Jargon about heart and desire.

The argument was this: Dude said "intangibles don't matter" and I told the funny guy that the reason Draymond is "better" and ultimately more effective than Blake in spite of Blake's offensive numbers is because Green is 1) a smarter player, 2) tougher, 3) makes more big plays for his team, etc etc.

I said the same thing about Tyson Chandler in the playoffs with the Mavs vis a vis what DeAndre Jordan has been doing/not doing in the playoffs the last three plus years.

But sure, intangibles are overrated just because you can't quantify them LOL.

You need to stop confusing impact with talent.

Do you know how big Bird was?

I can't take you serious if it's mind boggling to think Bird had as big of an impact on the league as Bron did.

Some of y'all are too caught in the moment of this LeBron jock sniffing.

He is great, he isn't the first great or last.
This.

I get it though, don't waste your time arguing with people who weren't even old enough in the 80s to know how to tie their shoes.

99% of the people here who actually believe Bird, Magic, Kareem had no impact on the game during their prime playing days did not watch those players live in the late 70s, 80s. Guaranteed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom