2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
true. I wanted to help my sister out cause she just started playing basketball but I honestly don't know where to start. Lot of things I did was just off pure instinct.
Dribbling bro work on that hand eye coordination

You don't need to spend hours to do that **** with basketball. :lol:

Yeah there are trick plays in basketball, it ain't the same as football. Ain't no wildcat like offense in basketball. Ain't no coming up with the scheme to stop the running QB in basketball. Ain't no Single-wing formation, Wishbone formation, Pistol offense, Shotgun formation, under center formation, Nickel defense, 4–3 defense, nickel defense in basketball. :lol:

Those various defenses you mentioned are all different ways to defend either a run or pass. How is that any different from the various ways you would defend a pnr or isolation or post-up or pin-down, all of which have several different things going on off the ball that you have to account for?

If I'm using LeBron as the PnR screener on 1 possession, then using him as the PnR ball handler on another possession or if I have Ronnie Brown line up in Wildcat vs. lining up behind the qb in the i, I'm probably not defending either one of those situations identically.

The concept of basketball is simple but there's levels to this I wouldn't say calling basketball simple is flat out wrong if you were to pick up a guy from the mountains with no prior experience of knowledge of any sport soccer basketball then football and baseball would probably be the order of easiest to grasp right away
:lol: Mountains.

Agree 100%

The concept of basketball is simple but there's levels to this I wouldn't say calling basketball simple is flat out wrong if you were to pick up a guy from the mountains with no prior experience of knowledge of any sport soccer basketball then football and baseball would probably be the order of easiest to grasp right away
I'm completely vexed by soccer.

Was playing my homie in fifa & he had me down 8-0 QUICK and I had no idea what he was doing, how to stop him, nothing :lol:

Last edited:
Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius is wilding with that "basketball is simple" talk :lol:.

You don't even gotta be a hoops junkie to know the game is complex as hell. So many schemes. So many schemes. On every play and movement.

Soccer and Lacrosse employ some of the same movement principles as basketball. Spacing is vital in them games. Complex too.

I'm completely vexed by soccer.

Was playing my homie in fifa & he had me down 8-0 QUICK and I had no idea what he was doing, how to stop him, nothing :lol:
Well in fifa of the 4 main buttons in play station
1 is shoot and the 3 others are different ways to pass

I've enjoyed these playoffs idk about yall. My team has been putting me through a ton of drama though.

Same here. I'd say more than half the people saying otherwise are mostly fans of teams that have been and will be studying top 3 draft picks for the next 8-12 years

laugh.gif
dudes in here eating ranch flavored paint chips on the regular.
laugh.gif
Tell me about it!  Talmbout Otto Porter was a max signee and that he was better/just as good as Paul George. Boy I tell ya 
glasses.gif

One of the things I like about 2K is how they brought the complexity to defending in that game. If you play sim...and go to the defensive settings menu....there is a lot of tools at your disposal to defend. It's not perfect, but it's dope to strategize.....and def gives you a surface level view of the nuances of defense.

:lol: dudes in here eating ranch flavored paint chips on the regular.
:lol: Tell me about it!  Talmbout Otto Porter was a max signee and that he was better/just as good as Paul George. Boy I tell ya 8)

At that point in the season? He was. Life comes at you fast.

But we still playin'...

Enjoy your rep from NT's lloyd christmas. :lol:

:lol: What point was that? A game? 2 games?

Around the point when you kept ducking the Jimmy Butler question.

laugh.gif
dudes in here eating ranch flavored paint chips on the regular.
laugh.gif
Tell me about it!  Talmbout Otto Porter was a max signee and that he was better/just as good as Paul George. Boy I tell ya 
glasses.gif

But we still playin'...

Enjoy your rep from NT's lloyd christmas.
laugh.gif
Better hope Johnny smashing on a thot from Stadium right now and listening to Lil Mouse to get his mindright otherwise yall gonna be on the couch with us 
pimp.gif
. Must've been nice to play the Hawks first round 
grin.gif

Last edited:
I've enjoyed these playoffs idk about yall. My team has been putting me through a ton of drama though.

Same here. I'd say more than half the people saying otherwise are mostly fans of teams that have been and will be studying top 3 draft picks for the next 8-12 years

Even if I was a Warriors or Cavs fan I would still say these playoffs have been terrible outside of the HOU/SA series and maybe a game or two from HOU/OKC.

:lol: dudes in here eating ranch flavored paint chips on the regular.
:lol: Tell me about it!  Talmbout Otto Porter was a max signee and that he was better/just as good as Paul George. Boy I tell ya 8)

But we still playin'...

Enjoy your rep from NT's lloyd christmas. :lol:

:lol: What point was that? A game? 2 games?

Around the point when you kept ducking the Jimmy Butler question.

So that's no point. Aight. :lol:

I like Otto's game a lot actually and he is going to get max money. BUT FAMB, how dare you compare him to PG13!

What ya'll think about Beal this post season, I can't be the only one to think the brights lights of the playoffs too much for him.

So 16 of 18 games in this round ending in double digits margins is good basketball?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom