2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dejounte Murray though...I didn't expect him to play so well, but it's Pop, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I don't think he's any sort of catalyst in a possible Kawhi absence, but I've been impressed.

This **** looked like the most normal *** closeout of all time and you guys are going to probably debate this **** for years if it was dirty :lol:

Y'all do realize this is the same dude that fell into Durant's knee and tore his MCL earlier this year, right? He is not the most graceful person on the planet. If that same exact play happens this series and he falls on somebody on the Spurs knee you guys will probably say he should be banned from the NBA for life and should serve a lifetime suspension and be deported.

Last edited:
I did think about his gracefulness too, to be honest. :lol:

He looks to be oblivious, but it's not even a lack of athletic feet on this one. He pushed his hip toward the sideline, which definitely impacts the landing zone. If Zaza's known for these kind of things, then his reputation precedes him, but otherwise, I don't look at that play and think it's outwardly dirty.

Zaza also the same dude that did this he more than just clumsy lets be real.

Last edited:
on a side note...
dejounte looks like a steal in the draft
pop putting him in position to succeed
great size for a combo guard and has that inside float gm working already
dejounte 20, kawhi 25, simmons 27 aint too bad as far as young talent
wonder if they can finesse mills into staying at a discount. pop always be joking about how mills and simmons price has gone up in press conferences after they have good games :lol:

Last edited:
Act like Zaza just an oaf with no control over his limbs, he has a history and people contest all the time without putting their foot in the shooters landing space. 

Big picture I just hope Kawhi Leonard is ok and this doenst have any long term effects. Really bummed out about this though.

Yall continue one with your nonsense

yup 3 sprains in under a week is terrifying when you try and think of its implications for the next season. Could be another lingering pain point as a team added onto questions regarding the PG position/implications of Ginobli's last season

Yup. I've rolled my ankle once (landed wrong) then ten minutes later I landed on someone's foot. I couldn't walk right for a couple of weeks and couldn't get back on the court until month 3. But it legit took me a year and a half to get at full strength. I hope he recovers soon.

Although, if he ends up playing for game 2 or 3, he is legit a terminator.

still wondering why kawhi's ankle didnt look heavily taped? literally same tape job on both ankles.

you would think that he would have went with a kevin mchale tape job on his left ankle

I always heard tape wasn't good for you. Like your ankle is supposed to move around.

Or maybe that was ankle braces

I don't think tape is necessary if it's approached as some sort of injury prevention, but if you got that flimsy ankle from a previous and recent injury, it helps tremendously in combination with some high-strength anti-inflammatory pills.

One of the only preventive bracing philosophies that I agree with would be offensive lineman, but even then, a lack of mobility due to a brace can potentially create too much stabilization focused in that one area, making a joint more unforgiving and instead of just rolling something, you end up cracking or fraying a bone. :x I digress...

Last edited:
still wondering why kawhi's ankle didnt look heavily taped? literally same tape job on both ankles.

you would think that he would have went with a kevin mchale tape job on his left ankle

his ankle wasn't too bad. think if gm6 was a must win, he was ready, but spurs were fortunate to have 7 at home, worst case scenario.
he was looking fine in the first half. was attacking, dunking and seemed normal
obviously, rolling the same ankle doesn't help. he still looked fine after the first one cause he just rolled it, but the second time, his full weight landed on zaza's

Last edited:
They kinda have to play Kawhi in Game 2 if they want to have any chance of making this series competitive. If they could have held on, he could have just rested Game 2 and had almost a week off before Game 3. 

They kinda have to play Kawhi in Game 2 if they want to have any chance of making this series competitive. If they could have held on, he could have just rested Game 2 and had almost a week off before Game 3. 
This is just untrue. They were in complete control on the road until he got hurt, so if he sat Game 2 for the betterment of his health, you don't think they could win Games 3 and 4 - with a home crowd behind them - if they had the version of Kawhi that they had out there in this game through 3Q's?

Last edited:

This is just untrue. They were in complete control on the road until he got hurt, so if he sat Game 2 for the betterment of his health, you don't think they could win Games 3 and 4 - with a home crowd behind them - if they had the version of Kawhi that they had out there in this game through 3Q's?
they go to san antonio down 2-0... its over, b

No I don't. GS was definitely rusty and game 1 is the easiest to steal. All they have to do is win 1 game in SA and this thing is over in 5. 

Do we even know the extent of his injury? They said he was walking on his own after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom