2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, the act wasn't malice enough to warrant intention. But again, it's just my opinion.

What is enough, for you?

Considering the importance of a jump shot in basketball.. and the ability to at the very least to screw with a jump shooters head because they are focusing on avoiding your foot upon landing

Or worse the player actually getting injured

Where exactly is the line that you're cool with unnecessary stuff?

What is enough, for you?

Considering the importance of a jump shot in basketball.. and the ability to at the very least to screw with a jump shooters head because they are focusing on avoiding your foot upon landing

Or worse the player actually getting injured

Where exactly is the line that you're cool with unnecessary stuff?

What I consider malice is this...The wind-up is what did it for me. I didn't see a "wind-up" movement in what Zaza did. Again, just my take on it.

Here's more of what I think were malice...

Last edited:
Ron artest elbowing James harden in the back of the head is your example, really?

That's where you want the standard set?

This isn't the first time this topic has been publicly discussed, from players, coaches and others.. and ain't hard to see the mental and physical impact sticking a foot underneath someone up in the air can have, which is why some guys have done it

Ron artest elbowing James harden in the back of the head is your example, really?

That's where you want the standard set?

This isn't the first time this topic has been publicly discussed, from players, coaches and others.. and ain't hard to see the mental and physical impact sticking a foot underneath someone up in the air can have, which is why some guys have done it

Ok, fair enough. Hope this suffices...Bowen is clearly in control of his positioning and you see the extension being done. He wasn't even in full speed either. At that point you know where your foot is going.

Last edited:
all these dudes crying about zaza playing physical and "dirty" be the same ***********s talking about "best way to beat the warriors is be physical with them and beat them up." swear man, the double standards some of y'all have are on another level

if zaza wanted to cheap shot kawhi and take him out the game, why not do it early as opposed to letting him lead the spurs to a 25 point lead?

Last edited:
What I consider malice is this...The wind-up is what did it for me. I didn't see a "wind-up" movement in what Zaza did. Again, just my take on it.
Oh, but of course.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I ask you this: How can this man possibly be a thief?

He's wearing a business suit and doesn't have a striped shirt and a mask, and isn't holding a bag of money with a dollar sign on it.

Last edited:
all these dudes crying about zaza playing physical and "dirty" be the same ***********s talking about "best way to beat the warriors is be physical with them and beat them up." swear man, the double standards some of y'all have are on another level

if zaza wanted to cheap shot kawhi and take him out the game, why not do it early as opposed to letting him lead the spurs to a 25 point lead?

Like I said earlier, people who are on that side of the fence already have their predisposed sentiment of the GSW. It is what it is.

I'm not entirely sure why the Warriors are hated so much. Is the the superstar team, the finesse play or a few fans portraying the team in a negative light. Maybe Draymond Green? I can get that one, but to transpose that to the whole team? IDK man

Last edited:
Two different perspectives you're displaying.
It's the exact same principle. I saw this on another forum, how people try to justify it:

roll.gif
 Like it's impossible to shoot someone at point blank range by aiming the gun, then looking away before actually pulling the trigger.

And your examples of elbowing etc. are ridiculous. He didn't have to "wind up" for the desired effect to take place here. All he needed to do is simply place his foot under Kawhi and let gravity do the rest.

Last edited:
You're entitled to have your own opinion. Again, Aaza wasn't looking away as he closed out. You can use frames to emphasis any point you want.

I'll agree to disagree with you.

Like I said earlier, people who are on that side of the fence already have their predisposed sentiment of the GSW. It is what it is.

I'm not entirely sure why the Warriors are hated so much. Is the the superstar team, the finesse play or a few fans portraying the team in a negative light. Maybe Draymond Green? I can get that one, but to transpose that to the whole team? IDK man
Each to their own, but I hate cockiness. 

Humble in victory, gracious in defeat.

Honestly I didn't hate GS until last season and the force feeding ESPN did. The comparisons to the '96 Bulls and the quickness to appoint Curry as the best player in the league. Once they lost in the Finals last yr all was forgiven but then they went and recruited KD so then my hate of them came back x100. However Cockiness doesn't bother me, Jordan was arrogant, so was Kobe and Bron has his moments if you're fan of any of those players you can't be mad at GS displaying confidence on the court they've at least earned that.

+1

I don't like cockiness, but it doesn't bother me that much...But gsw are some sore losers. They went to the conspiracy theory narrative when it was going downhill. Klay walking off like a sucka after game 7 after talking **** after game 4? Etc

I think the tipping point was when Joe Lacob said that the warriors are "light years ahead" of every other team. That along with Steph Curry doing his stupid drills and shooting from the tunnel.

So is everyone really going to act like KL wasn't out there playing on a bum ankle that he re aggravated minutes earlier? Dude out out there shooting jumpers on a bad ankle, what the hell did you think might happen? This is the NBA playoffs and that wasn't anywhere near the level of dirty play you usually see at this time of year. Tough break, stop crying and move on. I see nobody clearly watched those playoff games from the 80's and 90's.

Why?

And people keep saying that the run started when Leonard went out the game.

The first 5 minutes of the third, the spurs couldn't score anything.

Leonard dodged a bullet because GSW was coming regardless.

What point did the 2nd slide serve?

He still wasn't in his face to contest the shot until the second slide. If he jumped from there instead of slid and Kawhi just pump faked him then he would have drawn the foul. It was solid defense and a good closeout.

^ guess what, the shot was shot prior to the 2nd slide..

So what was the purpose, again?

There was no reason to take that extra slide. He could have stopped himself. That is it for me.

The whole thing could have been avoided.

Last edited:
Why?

Idk what game you were watching but GS had already went on two runs before Kawhi went out and SA matched them. SA's whole offense was running through Kawhi and their whole game plan ran through him. They had to try to adjust on the fly with him out. As much as you hate to admit it GS isn't winning that game if he's healthy.

Why?

Are you friggin KIDDING me??
roll.gif
 Did you even see the game summary:

The Spurs were up by 78-55 when Leonard went out. That's 23 points - only 2 less than their biggest lead of the game (44-19).

Immediately after Leonard went out, the Warriors went on a 18-0 run and cut the lead to 78-73.

Game MVP:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom