2017 NIKE NFL Apparel, Footwear & Jerseys

got my new brady "vapor untouchable" elite jersey in from nfl shop.

ordered it on wednesday i think with default shipping got here pretty quick.

heres some pics compared to my previous brady elite with the older name plate i got a few seasons ago.
IMG_0384.JPG
IMG_0381.JPG
IMG_0380.JPG
IMG_0379.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_0378.JPG
IMG_0377.JPG

tried doing this more concise but the new platform is awful....

anyway a few take aways i noticed.

-the nfl logo/collar is obviously changed
-also the collar is wider and loser around the neck
-the name on the back is bigger than the previous version
-the front numbers sit lower than the previous version
-the sleeves are obviously cuffed and shorter
-the patriots sleeve logo is smaller on the newer one
-the jersey itself is shorter than the previous version
-the jersey on is darker and the accents are brighter on the newer version
-the blurry looking picture is showing where the mesh starts
-the upside down "Y" switching on the back is noticeable. it looks like the numbers are wrinkled but thats actually the sewing showing through, not sure you can tell in the pics.

in all i think i prefer the previous version better. it has a better fit and i like my jerseys longer. i do like the bigger nameplate that always bothered me about the previous version. but i am not a fan of the sleeves, it only looks decent when wearing a longsleeve under it. also dont like how the patriot logo on the sleeves is smaller, probably to compensate for the sleeve length. it may not show in these pics but its noticeably smaller in person. i do like that the color of the jersey is darker and the red white and silver accents are noticeably brighter.

my ideal frankenstein jersey would be to take the new nfl logo and use the old collar. use the material of the new one on the length of the old. use the sleeve length of the older but cuffed like the new one. and my biggest thing is the larger nameplate.

gonna think about it, not sure if i will return it or not. i am a stickler for having the newer version of something but im not sure if this is worth it. especially if im leaning towards the older design. only thing is that i did get it 30% off, had i not had the coupon probably wouldnt have gotten it let alone keep it.

Last edited:
Thanks for that detailed comparison amarano amarano .

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like NFL players shouldn't be able to wear the big sleeves since fans have to wear cuffed sleeves if they buy a new Elite. :rofl:

Last edited:
Thanks for that detailed comparison amarano amarano .

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like NFL players shouldn't be able to wear the big sleeves since fans have to wear cuffed sleeves if they buy a new Elite. :rofl:

haha i'm not gonna lie it does bother me that for this instance, a guyvlike brady wears long uncuffed sleeves and they sell his jersey the complete opposite. but in their defense i think the majority of players have the shorter cuffed sleeves.

as a matter of fact, watching pre season games, i noticed that the only players who don't have the short cuffed sleeves are quarterbacks. that might have to do with arm mobility.

but regardless the thing that bothers me is that the sleeves are short, not so much that they're cuffed.

Did they only do the Vapor Untouchable "ELITE" jersey (the most expensive 1) for certain teams??....as a 9ERS fan i can only find the replica "LIMITED" style in the vapor untouchable version?!?

I think the only thing I actually like about the new elites are the sleeves. The sleeves on my megatron are like a raglan on me.

Did they only do the Vapor Untouchable "ELITE" jersey (the most expensive 1) for certain teams??....as a 9ERS fan i can only find the replica "LIMITED" style in the vapor untouchable version?!?

I believe for all teams...just wait a little longer.

Need NFLSHOP to restock the custom giants elite in all sizes to make this Landon collins for upcoming season!!!

Are we sure all teams are switching? Bucs seemed to be wearing same jerseys last night. Didn't have the new collar.

Are we sure all teams are switching? Bucs seemed to be wearing same jerseys last night. Didn't have the new collar.

Not all teams are. I believe the Bucs and Browns are using the old template. Browns especially because of the contrast stitching they have that wouldn't work with the new temp.

Green Bay I think is using the old template too. But they didn't even switch when Nike first took over.

sites like nfl shop and fanatics only have Brady, Beckham, Wentz and Big Ben currently. I would expect more as the season progresses.

If you're looking for other people i would check their teams personal site. Or even try calling the team store. I know the dallas cowboys shop has Zeke and Dak available in the navy jersey. I haven't checked other team site shops.

ok thanks fellas, i really wanted to and was looking to order a new jersey before the season starts, but i also really would like to have 1 of these new vapor untouchable jerseys (really like the way the sleeves are done!!) guess ill wait it out alil and see if any pop up for sale soon hopefully!!

ok thanks fellas, i really wanted to and was looking to order a new jersey before the season starts, but i also really would like to have 1 of these new vapor untouchable jerseys (really like the way the sleeves are done!!) guess ill wait it out alil and see if any pop up for sale soon hopefully!!

I'm waiting on a raider one too. Can't see them missing out on making a lynch but I doubt any niner players excite nike too much. You might be better off checking out or calling the niners Santa Clara store.

I'm waiting on a raider one too. Can't see them missing out on making a lynch but I doubt any niner players excite nike too much. You might be better off checking out or calling the niners Santa Clara store.

I was hoping they would have them available for custom ordering was deciding on getting 1 of our rookie players this year, if anything they would least do a Bowman

I was hoping they would have them available for custom ordering was deciding on getting 1 of our rookie players this year, if anything they would least do a Bowman

They might but when the raiders sucked Nike didn't make anyone other than the initial jersey release. Elites are too costly for them to sit

They might but when the raiders sucked Nike didn't make anyone other than the initial jersey release. Elites are too costly for them to sit

i was thinking this as well.

i think they're going to see how the initial players sell ( brady beckham wentz roethlistberger)

but the fact dallas is selling their own zeke and dak on their site is throwing me off a little. why wouldn't nflshop or fanatics carry these as well

i was thinking this as well.

i think they're going to see how the initial players sell ( brady beckham wentz roethlistberger)

but the fact dallas is selling their own zeke and dak on their site is throwing me off a little. why wouldn't nflshop or fanatics carry these as well

Team shops generally have customs made that they sell on their own. I'm sure Nike / NFL shop will carry those players eventually too as the cowboys are a big enough team. I don't see Nike making many for lesser known / bad teams. Team shops will carry them though.

Not sure if this is a local error, but check the TJ maxxs in your area. Here they have the limited Andy Dalton jersey for $20.

Too bad I live in the city of the team I hate the most. TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross, Burlington generally have the stuff for the local team for hella cheap.

Probably not an error. That's the old elite 51 style limited jersey. New limited are vapor cut

You could be correct. Only reason I thought it could be one is if you look it says compare at $30. If I'm not mistaken, I always thought that was supposed to be the retail price.

Probably not an error. That's the old elite 51 style limited jersey. New limited are vapor cut

Any1 know if the new Limited replica vapor style jerseys have the shorted sleeves as well like the Game versions??.....thats 1 thing i see that i really like about the new game vapor untouchable jerseys, the sleeves were just too d@mn long on the previous styles

Any1 know if the new Limited replica vapor style jerseys have the shorted sleeves as well like the Game versions??.....thats 1 thing i see that i really like about the new game vapor untouchable jerseys, the sleeves were just too d@mn long on the previous styles

They are shorter now

Back
Top Bottom