2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

I hate this team. I’ve never hated watching a team more in my life. Their offense and body language is the biggest eyesore I’ve ever seen in my entire life of watching NBA basketball. I pray that J-Rich, Burks and GR3 completely change the offense. Because this is just a waste of my time and energy continuing to tune in otherwise.

Lack of effort is worrisome yes but It’s all coming from the top. The offense is trash and guys are misused. My effort would go to **** as well if I’m not being maximized and forced to be a shooter

these dudes gonna come out fired up tomorrow but the elephant gonna remain in the room

Lack of effort is worrisome yes but It’s all coming from the top. The offense is trash and guys are misused. My effort would go to **** as well if I’m not being maximized and forced to be a shooter

these dudes gonna come out fired up tomorrow but the elephant gonna remain in the room

Come out fired up vs a Grizzlies team that’s been hot as hell over the last month? And Embiid has always struggled vs Jonas and the Grizzlies in general. Good luck with that.

Come out fired up vs a Grizzlies team that’s been hot as hell over the last month? And Embiid has always struggled vs Jonas and the Grizzlies in general. Good luck with that.
It’s a home game.

Guys have said the home crowd motivates them. they’ll come out with something to prove.

at the end of the day, Brett has to go. He’s lost the locker room especially Jo and I’m sure Al doesn’t even respect him

It’s a home game.

Guys have said the home crowd motivates them. they’ll come out with something to prove.

at the end of the day, Brett has to go. He’s lost the locker room especially Jo and I’m sure Al doesn’t even respect him

I understand it’s a home game and we’ve been basically unbeatable there, but this team is performing so badly right now I have zero confidence in them no matter where they play. If we lose tonight, specifically by double digits, I would be extremely surprised if Brett doesn’t get fired basically right away. I’ve seen basketball and football teams that have quit on their coach...it looks just like this.

I understand it’s a home game and we’ve been basically unbeatable there, but this team is performing so badly right now I have zero confidence in them no matter where they play. If we lose tonight, specifically by double digits, I would be extremely surprised if Brett doesn’t get fired basically right away. I’ve seen basketball and football teams that have quit on their coach...it looks just like this.
And I’ve been saying that man. I get the Jo criticism and it’s definitely deserved but he’s doesn’t give a **** about Brown and is literally showing it on court to try to get change.

The last 4 road games were close at the half, Brett stills comes out the Al-Jo-Ben lineup and we get run out the gym in the 3rd. Been happening like clockwork. He’s “coaching” for his job and will not make the necessary changes by benching Al and going away from the motion offense. It’s funny that Jo and Ben have literally swapped roles. Ben is working more inside and Jo is out there spacing. His post ups are happening toward the end of the shot clock and he has to force it.

Look at the timeouts, guys aren’t listening and even walking away. Also heard something about Thybulle not listening to him. Everytime Jo is caught in no mans land on a PnR he’s looking at the Brett like wtf do you want me to do. He’s having guys go over screens every single time and that’s how all those cheap fouls keep coming. Even last night, when Middleton kept cooking in the 4th, it was the same play 3 times in a row: Middleton PnR-defender goes over-wide open mid range shot. We ***** about him not closing out and then ***** when someone gets the easy o-reb when he isn’t in position since he closed out. It’s all coaching as has been for a while now

Just get rid of Brett

I just think this team badly needs a new voice, period. I also can’t think of a single time in these last three years of us being a playoff team that I can say Brett Brown visibly outcoached the opposing coach. That legit has never been something that’s ever even crossed my mind. I think it would be a good idea to see how the team responds to Udoka the rest of the year and if it goes bad then you at least know you have to replace the whole staff rather than running it back with the same staff next year and THEN trying out Udoka.

I just think this team badly needs a new voice, period. I also can’t think of a single time in these last three years of us being a playoff team that I can say Brett Brown visibly outcoached the opposing coach. That legit has never been something that’s ever even crossed my mind. I think it would be a good idea to see how the team responds to Udoka the rest of the year and if it goes bad then you at least know you have to replace the whole staff rather than running it back with the same staff next year and THEN trying out Udoka.
It hasn’t happened. These guys have been winning strictly on talent alone (I’ve said this) and when coaching comes into play (2nd round) it’s night and day. The one time I’ve seen Brett do some coaching was against Toronto by switching up how we guarded Kawhi and Siakam. And once Toronto lucked into the big lineup it was over for everyone

It hasn’t happened. These guys have been winning strictly on talent alone (I’ve said this) and when coaching comes into play (2nd round) it’s night and day. The one time I’ve seen Brett do some coaching was against Toronto by switching up how we guarded Kawhi and Siakam. And once Toronto lucked into the big lineup it was over for everyone

Yeah and for that reason it really just doesn’t make sense to NOT make the change. Ben is the only one with any kind of allegiance to him and even he doesn’t seem to actually listen to him with his “at least one three per game” call-out.

Exactly. I know we agree to disagree on certain things but we all know Brett has to go. The offense is literally the same one we had while Jo is out. There’s no adjustment and he assumes he can plug and play guys

We all want Jo to go all out but we know it’s gonna all be in vain, nothing comes easy outside of catch and shoot shots (17-18) and come playoff time those won’t be there when things tighten up

Who ever told Elton to hold on that Tobias trade from last year is at fault for all this. We would’ve still had Shamet smh

The Ben-JJ-Covington-Dario-Embiid team with Shamet off the bench was just so much more fluid.

A2F39FE9-DFD3-4E9B-A865-A64D9738468C.jpeg

9E220E80-80D9-4113-AF17-0782E64F1541.jpeg

This is what happens when your C has to space for your PG since he isn't comfortable shooting.

Even if we move Jo, we're still gonna need rim protection and guys who are 2 way players. Pretty much Dedmon, Myers Leonard, Lopez twins fit this description. Having a rim running big is redundant if Ben is gonna remain at PG and need the lane open. I love Ben but he is FLAWED and covering up his flaws either gonna have you struggling on D or on O

Aggressive Ben :pimp:

Joel playing like his old self:pimp:

Tobi coming out hot and Josh helping close out the game:pimp:

Al off the bench:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

Poor Korkmaz, dude just ain’t built to be a starter yet. Stick with GRIII, he’s obviously a very good shooter but I love his cutting and off ball movement too.

Scott shouldn’t see the floor anymore outside of blowouts.

Shamet :frown:

Aggressive Ben :pimp:

Joel playing like his old self:pimp:

Tobi coming out hot and Josh helping close out the game:pimp:

Al off the bench:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

Poor Korkmaz, dude just ain’t built to be a starter yet. Stick with GRIII, he’s obviously a very good shooter but I love his cutting and off ball movement too.

Scott shouldn’t see the floor anymore outside of blowouts.

Shamet :frown:

Mike Scott is legit unplayable at this point.

Even though Furkan had a rough game I still think he should start for spacing purposes unless Burks or GR3 starts showing out. Clippers had a body stuck to him at allll times.

The Embiid I know and love came back tonight. Nice to go into the break on a 3 game winning streak ending it with a win against a legit championship contender.

Rather lil big dog start because on top of shooting he adds switchable size on the perimeter and knows how to cut off ball. Let Furk come off the bench gunning like Belinelli in 17/18

This Ben Simmons is scary. Seen some things that we haven’t seen from him. Also, they finally learned how to throw an entry pass.

The biggest thing that helped us was the Clippers not doubling Embiid every single play like teams have constantly done vs him. Hopefully without Horford out there with him that continues.

Back
Top Bottom