2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

maaaan these teases goddamn it

i know hes capable of these but maybe just not comfy yet (pretty embarassing to say) i know but maaaaaan cmon ben show these haters what you got

In all honesty, he’s probably saving it for the playoffs. That flare out after a screen instead of rolling

I’m more impressed about the FT shooting. If he can consistently shoot it at 70%+, the jumpers/3s can wait. The screens by Jo in the paint when Ben has it on the block can be unstoppable. The pieces are there for something great but the guys gotta buy in. We know Jo is willing to do whatever, Al is accepting a bench role (and still getting 28+ mins), Ben remaining aggressive and Tobi/Josh being the glue guys

Was Brett trolling us all along?

As much grief as we give Brown, I’m sure he knew a while ago the starting lineup wasn’t working but taking out Al was probably out of his hands till now. I’d bet anything he had to get approval from Brand, Harris, and the leftovers from Colangelo.

yea the FT shooting is very impressive over the last month

he said himself he thinks he finally figured the game out which helps caters to his style of play more

ive been screaming for him to get to the FT line more and to be agressive its finally slowly paying off

i seen you posting bout them plays in the NBA thread last night, when embiid really wants to set a screen its RIP to the opponent lol sometimes he sets lazy ones

yea the FT shooting is very impressive over the last month

he said himself he thinks he finally figured the game out which helps caters to his style of play more

ive been screaming for him to get to the FT line more and to be agressive its finally slowly paying off

i seen you posting bout them plays in the NBA thread last night, when embiid really wants to set a screen its RIP to the opponent lol sometimes he sets lazy ones
Yup, easy offense that allows Jo to stay engaged. We’ve run it the past few games here and there when Jo came back but last night it was 3-4 times in a row. If you can stop it imma keep doing it.

it’s the same with Josh/Jo PnR when Ben in the dunkers spot against the 2-3. You can’t stop it especially when Jo sets a real screen

As much grief as we give Brown, I’m sure he knew a while ago the starting lineup wasn’t working but taking out Al was probably out of his hands till now. I’d bet anything he had to get approval from Brand, Harris, and the leftovers from Colangelo.

there is no way personnel decisions would have to go through ownership...I REALLY hope not because if that's the case, whomever will be the coach next year will have to do the same.

maaaan these teases goddamn it

i know hes capable of these but maybe just not comfy yet (pretty embarassing to say) i know but maaaaaan cmon ben show these haters what you got

What in the everlasting bleep!!! Seriously?!!! Come on!! What a freaking tease! Shoot it already Ben!!!

What in the everlasting bleep!!! Seriously?!!! Come on!! What a freaking tease! Shoot it already Ben!!!

Every single Sixers game I’ve been to he does this before the game. He’ll even be doing fadeaways, turnarounds and **** from three too making most of them. This is why it legit infuriates us even more.

Last edited:
DPOY gonna be tough since they traditionally give it to big guys

He better be 1st team though. That’s not even a question imo

Traditionally, but I can't remember a guard this good on defense being able to guard all five positions.

I hope he is a front runner and the traditional argument can actually work to his favor since they don't give it to guards much.

Nets went on a 44-8 run and we still won, this team makes no sense.

Happy to see Jo up to his old antics, the euro step dancing and passing Tobi the ball at the end to avoid the turnover.

I forgot what a guard who can dribble and shoot looks like, it’s nice. Alec should be a great fit if Brown uses him properly.

For the love of god, please stop having so many possessions end in a Horford 3. He’s so open for reason Brett.

Thanks for showing up Embiid, especially after those best in the world comments.

Seems like every shooter we get becomes worst as a Sixer. GRIII hasn’t made a 3 yet since he’s been traded to Philly.

Get well soon Ben.

For the love of god, please stop having so many possessions end in a Horford 3. He’s so open for reason Brett.

Thanks for showing up Embiid, especially after those best in the world comments.

Seems like every shooter we get becomes worst as a Sixer. GRIII hasn’t made a 3 yet since he’s been traded to Philly.

Get well soon Ben.

This game was just so dang frustrating! I just knew they weren't going to fair well with how badly they started off shooting! I just hope Ben's back is going to be okay.

Get well soon Ben.
I’m giving Jo a pass for this one. With Simmons out there is only one player who knows how to throw an entry pass and he should never share the floor with Jo at all. He has to get the ball from 18+ feet and is immediately doubled. Guys don’t move to get open and he takes a bad shot. It’s like clockwork.

Brett stuck with the Al-Jo lineups when it wasn’t working. Went with Shake in the 2nd half instead of immediately when Ben went out.

Roster construction be damned but how is it that ever single player who has come here has regressed and can’t throw an entry pass??? Coaching is the main issue no matter how good our home record is. How TF you go on National TV and say you gonna throw **** at the wall and hope it sticks when questioned on how to run the offense without Ben

We got Burks and Robinson for essentially nothing.

We got someone who can handle the ball and another who can shoot it.

Still the same problems.

Coach is running out of excuses.

He can't keep saying "this is hard" if he can't figure it out, there plenty of other coaches who could.

I don’t know what the hell Tobias did over the All-Star break but that dude looks like he’s running through mud whenever he gets the ball right now. He’s never been the quickest or most explosive but my god has the dude been slow on both sides of the ball.

The whole team’s communication on defense has been absolute garbage as well. It keeps looking like they have no clue what to do on screens. Whether that’s go over/under or switch. The coaching just screams out to me every single game and idk if it’s players just straight tuning them out or if it’s just bad coaching period.

Offense always looks stuck because nobody besides Embiid is assertive to go get a bucket, and when he is aggressive he’s getting double teamed with nobody to kick out to.

Tobias lacks explosiveness on the perimeter and can’t really create his own shot unless he’s backing down a smaller guy in the post. Also, dude misses waaaay too many bunnies.

BB really needs to run the pnr to death with Alec as much as possible. I hate that Ben got hurt but it might be an opp for Alec to showout.

I don’t think anybody remembers how trash we always looked when JJ wasn’t on the floor for us the two years prior. People say it’s Jimmy that the team misses...nah we’re straight without him it’s JJ’s spacing and off the ball movement the team badly misses.

Jo deserves his slander but he literally has no help out there. Jo-Kork 2 man game is Kork gunning for his own shot

Jo coming out to set screens for dudes and they pulling up from 18 lol

im 100% convinced the coaching is ***. No need to go over on every single screen especially when you playing against athletic wings and bigs who prefer to pop than roll

I don’t think anybody remembers how trash we always looked when JJ wasn’t on the floor for us the two years prior. People say it’s Jimmy that the team misses...nah we’re straight without him it’s JJ’s spacing and off the ball movement the team badly misses.
Plus JJ can shoot it off the catch much more easier than Kork and the other shooters. Speaking of shooters, Shake is becoming more and more reliable :nthat:

Plus JJ can shoot it off the catch much more easier than Kork and the other shooters. Speaking of shooters, Shake is becoming more and more reliable :nthat:

Shake is one of only like three decent ball handlers on the team as well.

Tobi was clearly hurt yesterday and was still playing. Brett gonna run these fools into the ground to make to April just to get fired

The roster isn’t bad, the player management is dog****

Back
Top Bottom