2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

With Korkmaz coming over, no need to throw money at JJ. Korkmaz is a better Hezonja imo

And the UDFA we picked up Blackmon can shoot it too. Also picked up Melo Trimble 
laugh.gif

With Korkmaz coming over, no need to throw money at JJ. Korkmaz is a better Hezonja imo

And the UDFA we picked up Blackmon can shoot it too. Also picked up Melo Trimble :lol:

Nah man...I love Furkan's upside and he can stroke it but I'd rather him come off the bench for right now while JJ starts for a couple years. We need vets.

I wouldn't give JJ the kind of money he's looking for. Not at this point in time. I'd rather sign Ilyasova

Fultz
Covington
Simmons
Ilyasova
Embiid

TLC
Saric
Holmes
Furkhan
Okafor

And the UDFA we picked up Blackmon can shoot it too. Also picked up Melo Trimble :lol:

Nah man...I love Furkan's upside and he can stroke it but I'd rather him come off the bench for right now while JJ starts for a couple years. We need vets.
I don't think you need him because realistically your trying to get enough time for Fultz TLC and Furkhan. JJ is your answer if your looking to win now. I'd prioritize their growth over having JJ taken minutes from them

If you need vets might as well keep Henderson on the roster or get a veteran big to sure up that side in case of an embiid injury

Last edited:

And the UDFA we picked up Blackmon can shoot it too. Also picked up Melo Trimble 
laugh.gif
Why max JJ when we could get CJ Miles (WHO ALWAYS GOES OFF AGAINST US) lol

If Fultz, Simmons, Embiid and Dario are going to be as good as we think they are then we're going to be contending very soon in the East...I personally think we're going to be in the playoffs next season. You don't want your best vets being CJ Miles, Gerald Henderson and Ilyasova. Get one of the best shooters of all time who is still a very good player and a PERFECT fit in our lineup.

I think we need just one vet to help this young team but the roster seems pretty set right now with a lot of young talent

Lowkey think getting Jrue back would be overkill but he would be the perfect mentor to Fultz. Combo guard, silky smooth player, off ball shooter, great defender.

You could run Jrue-Fultz-RoCo-Simmons-Embiid and you have 3 players who could run the pick and roll and run the offense. Switching everything

I think we need just one vet to help this young team but the roster seems pretty set right now with a lot of young talent
I think that's the biggest issue. There's not going to be room for a starter vet unless your ready to just say no to the development of your younger bench players. There are too many guards in the team now(ironic) so adding JJ to the mix is just overkill

Maybe if Furkhan gets demoted to the D league or something but you can't have him and TLC sitting on the bench while Reddick gets their minutes

Last edited:
I think that's the biggest issue. There's not going to be room for a starter vet unless your ready to just say no to the development of your younger bench players. There are too many guards in the team now(ironic) so adding JJ to the mix is just overkill

Maybe if Furkhan gets demoted to the D league or something but you can't have him and TLC sitting on the bench while Reddick gets their minutes

I assume Bayless will still be on this team so he might be all we actually need

these kids seems pretty devoted to Brett and the coaching staff, no one seems to have some crazy ego

we need to move Jah asap

Last edited:
You guys are so afraid to give JJ money. Who have the cap to do so. It's okay man. Philly doesn't have to pay for its core youth for another couple seasons. I'd love JJ here. It's all about getting experience winning and having better chances at winning and improving.

You guys are so afraid to give JJ money. Who have the cap to do so. It's okay man. Philly doesn't have to pay for its core youth for another couple seasons. I'd love JJ here. It's all about getting experience winning and having better chances at winning and improving.
We have to pay RoCo now and then Embiid next offseason.

Man I'm just in a good mood about this team.

Probably because we're not in tank mode anymore :lol:

Last edited:
We have to pay RoCo now and then Embiid next offseason.

We don't have to pay Covington jack. I get his tremendous value in the defensive side, but yeah..I'm down with paying for JJ. He'd be a huge asset to this team. Ben and Fultz feeding him dimes and JJ cashing them gets their confidence rolling man. It's small things like that with JJ that I want him here.

We don't have to pay Covington jack. I get his tremendous value in the defensive side, but yeah..I'm down with paying for JJ. He'd be a huge asset to this team. Ben and Fultz feeding him dimes and JJ cashing them gets their confidence rolling man. It's small things like that with JJ that I want him here.

I don't think Covington is part of the long term plans here TBH

View media item 2473636
Pasecniks was pretty funny during the conference, this kid will be a fan favorite here

Last edited:
Why does everyone keep mentioning Ilyasova? We traded him at the deadline last year remember? lol

Agreed. Covington is a good player but let's be honest, most of us called him garbage on a lot of the nights for some of the things he's done over the past couple years :lol: this will more than likely be his last year as a Sixer unless he doesn't get the type of offers we're expecting.

We're going to be spending some of that money this summer, so you guys in here complaining saying we should be looking at lower level guys like CJ Miles are going to have to deal with it. JJ would be worth every penny knocking down open shots from Simmons, Fultz, Dario and Embiid.

Speaking of numbers...I really wish Simmons was a better looking number than 25. **** is just ugly on a basketball jersey.

Back
Top Bottom