2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

Man these pacers just won’t lose when you need them to. But at least they won against another team the sixers can leap over

Yeah I do not wanna see Fultz held out the entire season. I need to see what we have in him going into the draft/free agency.

Man these pacers just won’t lose when you need them to. But at least they won against another team the sixers can leap over
Actually preferred the pacers to win to knock down the wizards. We’re only half a game behind the pacers anyway

And a win tonight puts us tied w the wizards

The more I see of our team and the more I see of the rest of the East contenders the more I wonder who the **** is beating Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons 4 out of 7 games. But obviously most of these dudes have zero playoff experience so we don’t know how they’ll be in that atmosphere but I wouldn’t be fully surprised if we made it to the ECF. All we need is for a couple of our role players to get hot. I have full confidence Embiid and Simmons will do what they do.

Our biggest hrudle is really just keeping a lead. We will never steal a road game if we keep this up.

Notice they always come when Ben is not on the floor

I love TJ but having him play half the time isn’t helping lol making me miss Wrecking Ball Wroten lol

I love TJ but having him play half the time isn’t helping lol making me miss Wrecking Ball Wroten lol
I find it that's ben is more important on the floor than embiid is. Not that embiid isn't great, but the ball movement just stops when ben is out, players bunch up(Ben actually directs guys) and the threat of the fast break is nonexistent.

The sixers are gonna have to find some way to lighten the load on TJ because having a set with TJ, bellinelli and Ersan just falls apart every time because they all act like their heads are cut off if ben isn't in the game

McConnell is just too damn small especially against a huge team like the Bucks. When his mid range aint falling its gets ugly for him

There’s this one guy who wears #20 who can actually find a way to collapse the D when the offense staggers

Whenever TJ drives, the D never collapse because they know he’s gonna pass and even then, he never goes up for the shot

We said this about Ben last yr & we saw what happened...Im not expecting Fultz back this yr cuz of that
Difference is that when Embiid went down, there was no reason to let Ben play

This year is a lot different especially towards building the future

Difference is that when Embiid went down, there was no reason to let Ben play

This year is a lot different especially towards building the future

Yeah that’s the difference this time. Now we know how good these guys are together when they actually play a full year. If we’re a playoff team, especially a top 5 seed playoff team already this year, then I wanna know what we have in our #1 pick this year so we know what we need to contend for the conference championship next season.

The first half was a glimpse of how good this squad can and will be. Even as a seasoned vet, JJ still makes some terrible decisions with the ball.

The first half was a glimpse of how good this squad can and will be. Even as a seasoned vet, JJ still makes some terrible decisions with the ball.

His shot selection is ****ing terrible. Idc if he makes some of them either. Theres no reason to be shooting an off balance 3 that early in the shot clock. You cant live off them shots thru the course of a whole game & damn not a series. Covington does that crap too but at least he looks more set when he shoots lol

Also buc em buc em i think since we lost, that Embiid will be playing in Charlotte. They still aint say nothing but im thinking hes gon play

His shot selection is ****ing terrible. Idc if he makes some of them either. Theres no reason to be shooting an off balance 3 that early in the shot clock. You cant live off them shots thru the course of a whole game & damn not a series. Covington does that crap too but at least he looks more set when he shoots lol

Also buc em buc em i think since we lost, that Embiid will be playing in Charlotte. They still aint say nothing but im thinking hes gon play

Yeah I’d have to think that they definitely don’t wanna sit Embiid out coming off that terrible loss last night. He’s also never played in Charlotte so hopefully that’ll factor into him wanting to play too

JJ shoots a lot of off balance kind of crazy shots but he’s an elite enough shooter that I’m fine with him jacking those up. Belinelli on the other hand comes off picks at 100MPH and jacks that ***** up without even looking at the rim. He’s helped us in bench scoring but my god some of those shots are so bad.

It’s crazy to think about how skilled those guys are at taking 3s, yet their judgment in which 3s they take is still bad.

What do you guys think of this?

This guy's analysis basically implies LeBron will be replacing Saric, not Cov purely from the plays they run which makes sense.

Bron can definitely fit with the team. But only if he defers to being the second option. I have no issues with him on occasion taking a game over but he’d have to let Ben and JoJo run the team

This guy's analysis basically implies LeBron will be replacing Saric, not Cov purely from the plays they run which makes sense.

Agreed with all of his points. He laid out why it could work and why it couldn't work and I like that.

Bron has a man crush on Simmons too so I could see him taking the backseat to kinda mentor him. Or maybe that's just wishful/hopeful thinking on my part :lol:.

I can see where he’s coming from

Ramona Shelbourne also laid out a good idea too. If Kawhi does in fact want out then what better offer could the Spurs get than Dario, Fultz and the Lakers pick? **** throw in our pick too if needed. Pop could throw his buddy a superstar and if we were able to throw Bayless’s contract in that deal then we’d be able to still sign LeBron too.

Ben-Kawhi-Covington-LeBron-Embiid would be the GOAT defensive lineup. That’s the type of lineup that will take down the Warriors

Back
Top Bottom