2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

Also, would Pelle be able to be a full-time backup C? I would love nothing more than to see Al get traded to the Kinds for Buddy.

Noel and Holmes are doing great as backups right now (Holmes was even having a career year). I hope Brown/ Brand don't mess this up.

You guys think Brett being on the hot seat he might experiment with different lineups?

I would like to see a Rockets ish small ball lineup of:
C: Ben
PF: Thybulle
SF: Furkan
SG: Burks
PG: Shake
He is lol but Shake-J Rich-Thybulle-Harris-Ben is the super small ball that actually won’t leak points on defense

8BD216C4-C7B3-426A-820C-7FC2757F4949.jpeg

Let’s go

Can we fire Brett now. I just can’t anymore

No reason to be playing Neto that man minutes when Burks haven’t been missing

I’ve defended Brown for a while but he just keeps making the same mistakes over and over. Burks, Thybulle, or Milton should’ve been in there in the 4th to close the game over Neto.

I’m over J Rich, see what we can get after the season by packaging him and Horford together.

Richardson is a product of bad coaching. He’s not a point guard yet Brett insists on using him that way. He’s a cutter/slasher and best going downhill.

I feel you on that but that’s just how Brett wants to run things. If you take a look at majority of the players that have came to philly and then left, there has always been a regression and progression back to who they were unless they were strictly shooters. He wants to have a plug n play offense surrounding Ben and Joel while mismanaging Ben and Joel in their roles.

Ben should be off ball and doing everything (cutting, screening etc) with the occasional corner 3. If Ben is doing that, Joel should be working out if the high post as he’s a great midrange shooter and easier to pass out of doubles when not under the basket. The guys you put around them are guys who can run a PnR, slash/cut, shoot of the catch (Shake, JRich and Tobias can all do this at varying efficiency).

What we’re seeing is whoever is running point outside of Simmons brings it up and runs into corner. Embiid setting screens at the 3 point line and Simmons wandering around. Yes it works because the players are that good but when things tighten up, talent isn’t gonna always come out on top

Posted this in the NBA thread but gotta share this here. I’m over Brett and honestly would be happy to get swept in round 1 to get rid of him

Simple concept changes would make this team unstoppable but here we are....same place we were in 2018....and in 2019

Richardson is a product of bad coaching. He’s not a point guard yet Brett insists on using him that way. He’s a cutter/slasher and best going downhill.

I agree Brett his using him wrong and forcing him to do things he’s obviously not comfortable with. However, he still passes up so many good looks from 3 to take a contested mid range j or get stuck and have to pass out. Joel, Ben, and Tobi would be better if both guards were guys who let it fly. He’a still a very good player but I’d be interested to see if we could pry away a better fit, like Hield, by trading him and Al together.

It’s funny because Shake is willing to let it fly but he’s getting that Fultz treatment of being told to go in the corner lol Brett is too stubborn with tryna have Kork be JJ so much

To be completely fair, Embiid is the reason this happens. Brett wants to run the drop defense to funnel everything inside to Embiid. Guys are gonna always chase over screens and it leads to open pull-ups and drives.

Brett insists on that playing this defense at all times even when Al is in the game and it happens more and more.

Remember when we all thought J Rich, Matisse would excel as PoA defenders to stop this? Lol is the roster perfect, absolutely not but can we still **** **** up with the current roster if dudes were used correctly, yes.

I love Shake, team needs to find ways for him to get more looks from 3 and let him build that confidence up before the playoffs.

Brett is killing me with these rotations, what was the point of trading for Burks if your gonna play Neto over him? Also playing Ben at center when he has 5 fouls? Smh

He’s coaching for his job (which he won’t have anyway) lol GR3 being hurt does affect things a bit but Neto > Burks is just dumb and Kork > Matisse is even more dumb

It’s like you know, they actually called plays for him instead of just trying to bully teams because Embiid had a mismatch

Joel has looked great so far in the bubble, he’s in shape and his passing out of doubles has been on point.

J Rich still dribbling way too much in the half court offense for me but at least he’s letting it fly more from 3.

Get well soon Ben.

Tobi has look great as well. Sure he can take more 3s and FTs but he knows how to get his within the flow of the game. Really a consistent 20 with a chance at more any night

The sooner Brett is gone the better. Winnable game but as usual bad lineup rotations and no offense run down the stretch

Brand goes if everyone else goes. Jimmy leaving is Brett fault. Makes sense why the pivot to Tobias if he knew then Jimmy wasn’t staying

Back
Top Bottom