2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
76EF1D43-CC04-4F04-A30F-0777E603FEBB.gif

this was when 'we got a ****in squad now' took place yah?

need to send this gif to Springfield so they can archive it for when bron needs more help.

Over/under how long it takes Jeff VanGundy, to use the first opportunity in the next playoff game he is calling to go in on his brother let go???

Speaking of the brief Orland Magic golden days, SVG is out in Detroit.

That's gonna be quite the rebuilding project.

Ain't gonna be no rebuild bihhh

They have 70 million dollars tied up between Blake Griffin, Andre Drummond, and Reggie Jackson for the next few years. They can really only make improvements on the margins because they've overpaid for their "stars".

This is why you need a strong owner in sports. Sometimes GM's and team presidents make short-sighted decisions in order to hopefully save their jobs but end up hurting the team in the long run. You need a strong, active owner in order to veto bad decisions like that.

The same thing happened to the Lakers with Mitch kupchak and Jim Buss. They knew that their jobs were on the line, so they signed mozgov and Deng in the hopes that they might be able to save their careers but just screwed the team over.

They have 70 million dollars tied up between Blake Griffin, Andre Drummond, and Reggie Jackson for the next few years. They can really only make improvements on the margins because they've overpaid for their "stars".

This is why you need a strong owner in sports. Sometimes GM's and team presidents make short-sighted decisions in order to hopefully save their jobs but end up hurting the team in the long run. You need a strong, active owner in order to veto bad decisions like that.

The same thing happened to the Lakers with Mitch kupchak and Jim Buss. They knew that their jobs were on the line, so they signed mozgov and Deng in the hopes that they might be able to save their careers but just screwed the team over.

That’s why I said “long”. Because that team ain’t going anywhere

Stan is gone. YES
Reggie is next. Just wait on it.

Bring in Chauncy to the Front Office......

I cant gauge this cavs team. They can drop 138 in a game then score 80 the next. If they get to the finals it would be a toss up if they can win a game or not.

Watching Capela play a pivotal roll on a title contender only makes Dwight Howard more frustrating. If he'dd just accept his role as a paint defender, garbage man, rim-runner-type, he could be a great piece to a really good team.

His issues is that he still thinks he's a superstar who needs plays ran for him and pouts when he doesn't get touches. He hasn't evolved. A Dwight Howard post-up where his teammates stand around for 20 seconds is an inefficient play and don't even mention his awful turnover rate.

It's just sad to see the dinosaurs of the 00s like Melo and Dwight fade away. This only makes Lebron's evolution only more amazing. He's adapted and refined his game to seamlessly to different eras

This is true but honestly he was great for the Hornets this year, the rest of his team besides Kemba just severely underperformed all year. I was at a few Hornets games right next to their bench this year and the dude really is everything you could ask for of a teammate that I saw. Even when he was on the bench he’d be hyping up Zeller and Hernangomez or whoever else was in for him. Made me really view him differently. Hopefully the Hornets make some big moves to turn it around this year or they let him go to a contender to show he’s still got it next year.

The problem is Stan Van was the Coach, GM, president...cant have that, rarely works :lol:

They need to bring in a place holder coach to ride out the roster that they stuck with for the next couple seasons until a real rebuild can begin ...A Vin Del Negro, Sam Mitchell, Vogel type

Last edited:
This is true but honestly he was great for the Hornets this year, the rest of his team besides Kemba just severely underperformed all year. I was at a few Hornets games right next to their bench this year and the dude really is everything you could ask for of a teammate that I saw. Even when he was on the bench he’d be hyping up Zeller and Hernangomez or whoever else was in for him. Made me really view him differently. Hopefully the Hornets make some big moves to turn it around this year or they let him go to a contender to show he’s still got it next year.
Dwight has a bad rep ( which he did alot to earn now) so no amount of good play or numbers is going to over come that at this point...he's playing at about 80% of his peak play and still better than all but a handful of starting centers in the league

God damn it I need it to be about 8:30 ET so I can release this buc em manifesto.

Preview of the material. Yeah I have time like that today.

What is your point of this........

If you read through this thread I already repeated myself about this just yesterday or the day before. If I said the Celtics were trash as hell then that’s a big difference. The Bucks aren’t even close to being better than the Sixers but they have the athletic wings part of their rotation and the playoff experience from basically every player on their team that matches up better with this Celtics team.

What is your point of this........

If you read through this thread I already repeated myself about this just yesterday or the day before. If I said the Celtics were trash as hell then that’s a big difference. The Bucks aren’t even close to being better than the Sixers but they have the athletic wings part of their rotation and the playoff experience from basically every player on their team that matches up better with this Celtics team.

My point is you have been typing with your shirt off for weeks. That quote is just the tip of the iceberg.

steph dont look right at all. kerr brought him back to soon. i knew this series would be challenging with or without curry.
but..the series hasnt really been challenging at all lol. 3-1 soon to be 4-1 is fairly light work.

i havent heard anything about currys leg, so i'm guessing its really just his conditioning and rhythm that are his struggle. missing 50+ days will kill the conditioning. i think its just the rhythm of the shots and getting back to nba speed, while also finding the confidence to make certain movements without fear of turning an ankle or whatever is just where he is now.

My point is you have been typing with your shirt off for weeks. That quote is just the tip of the iceberg.

You do realize the only reason I had even been saying anything is because the Sixers had already proved all of you wrong that trashed the hell out of them before the season, right?

Why y'all hate this man for being a delusional fan of his team is beyond me

He ain't hurting nobody

I dont hate him at all. I actually enjoy him posting here, it makes it interesting and these threads are exponentially better when there is good banter going back and forth. With that said, if you are going to talk all that **** you better be prepared to eat some crow.

I'm fairly certain if he dug up posts from the preseason from me or most of the other people here he would have a helluva manifesto himself.

Win or lose though, the sixers still had a great season, but its receipt pulling time and im going to talk my ****.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom