2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
'13 Heat vs current warriors, who wins that finals? I say current warriors barely. My boys are giving me mixed answers.
I'm a Warrior, but I have '13 Heat in 7. Last year's Warrior team takes it though in 6/7. They were playing alot more consistently and LBJ had a few "no show" games that year. I think this Rockets team can push the Heat to 7 too as they match up well against them.

'13 Heat vs current warriors, who wins that finals? I say current warriors barely. My boys are giving me mixed answers.

Dude, we're talking about the core of a 73-9 team. And on top of that core you stack a still-in-his-prime Kevin Durant.

These Warriors would beat any team in the history of the NBA. And since the 2013 Heat happen to be a team from the history of the NBA, that means them too. You would've had to trade Mario Chalmers for Chris Paul straight up in order for that Heat team to match the stackability of these current Warriors.

Like I said, I got mixed answers. Good point to whoever brought up the heat defense. It was suffocating. Like I literally used to count the players on the floor to make sure there weren't 6 heat on the court.

The Warriors are the better overall team, but they would match up horribly against the Heat. Heat were too physical and too athletic.
You have a point. I think the Warriors would definitely lose the first game if Heat had home-court or have a close game at home. No doubt they would have to adjust. Klay would have to put up at least 15+pts and Curry would have to be at 25+pts. You can't take nights off against the Heat. I think Wade would be a thorn in our side offensively. But if Warriors are hitting those 3s with Durant making the Heat switch alot, they have a legit chance to game plan favorably against the Heat.

You have a point. I think the Warriors would definitely lose the first game if Heat had home-court or have a close game at home. No doubt they would have to adjust. Klay would have to put up at least 15+pts and Curry would have to be at 25+pts. You can't take nights off against the Heat. I think Wade would be a thorn in our side offensively. But if Warriors are hitting those 3s with Durant making the Heat switch alot, they have a legit chance to game plan favorably against the Heat.
There is no answer for Durant, he will get his no matter what. But the Heat would neutralize the other two best scorers. The Heat would intercept so many passes and block so many shots it would get the Warriors shook. There is little the Warriors can do on defense against the Heat, they can drive into the lane too easily.

Warriors had to stack to beat one man, thats the real shame.... and by shame I mean shame on Kevin Durant, I mean this guy please. -1 championships.
yea because going to a team with prime wade and prime bosh isnt stacking

nor is it stacking when you jump ship to a team with kyrie and kevin love because your boys are washed

**** outta here with that trash *** excuse.

you wanna start that super team ****? fine you gonna get a super team all in your *** boy. and dont cry take the *** whoopin you deserve. you started that ****. this the mother ******* thanks you gon get

lol shame on durant nah shame on lebron the ***** supposed to be the goat but he continues to jump **** before the ship sinks.

There is no answer for Durant, he will get his no matter what. But the Heat would neutralize the other two best scorers. The Heat would intercept so many passes and block so many shots it would get the Warriors shook. There is little the Warriors can do on defense against the Heat, they can drive into the lane too easily.
I believe with most of what you say. But, I think one thing the Warriors can do is let LeBron be LeBron and try to force Wade into taking long perimeter, beyond the Arc shots and they can switch favorable match ups against Bosh. If they contain Bosh and take it to the hole more, that may disrupt Miami's overzealous aggression on defense. But, like many have said, the '13 Heat are up there with the greatest(as are the 2011-2012 Spurs).

Dude, we're talking about the core of a 73-9 team. And on top of that core you stack a still-in-his-prime Kevin Durant.

These Warriors would beat any team in the history of the NBA. And since the 2013 Heat happen to be a team from the history of the NBA, that means them too. You would've had to trade Mario Chalmers for Chris Paul straight up in order for that Heat team to match the stackability of these current Warriors.

You wildin!!!!, any team in NBA history ???? 96 bulls will have curry looking for different sport to play.

Durant will become a ball boy after playing the Pistons bad boys.

Klay will convert to islam and will be selling incense outside the Lakers arena after kobe/shaq take him out the western confer.
Edit:
Draymond would have been actually punched in the face while Charles was playing for phx sun's in a easteren conference matchup.

Last edited:
Wade would average 30 blks in that series. Let's be real here. Yeah durant /curry would let off behind the 3pt line but pass that line Wade aint letting not easy come into that rim. I

yea because going to a team with prime wade and prime bosh isnt stacking

nor is it stacking when you jump ship to a team with kyrie and kevin love because your boys are washed

Wade + Bosh = Not stacked
Wade + Bosh + LeBron = Stacked

Curry + Draymond + Klay = Stacked to begin with
Curry + Draymond + Klay + Durant = Most stacked team in history

And :lol: @ the 2015 move being stacking. Joining two players who have never played a playoff game in their careers on a franchise whose best result prior to LeBron were two appearances in eastern conference finals in 1992 and 1976. And not only have the two never played a playoff game, but they were also two glass men with a history of injury, which cost LeBron a championship in 2015.

StackedDoe.png

"Stacked" doe. :rofl:

Last edited:
Wade would average 30 blks in that series. Let's be real here. Yeah durant /curry would let off behind the 3pt line but pass that line Wade aint letting not easy come into that rim. I
He can't guard three people at once and the ball movement will have him guessing. I think Klay can macth up well against Wade off-balls and his release is fast enough to get his mid-range shots going. Curry would need to hit those 3s though to give the Warriors a scoring chance and people like West, Iggy, and Livingston would have to contribute as well. But, the Heat never faced a team with this much fire power beyond the Arc as there was no team in NBA that was like that at that time, that could tip the scale.

And :lol: @ the 2015 move being stacking. Joining two players who have never played a playoff game in their careers on a franchise whose best result prior to LeBron were two appearances in eastern conference finals in 1992 and 1976. And not only have the two never played a playoff game, but they were also two glass men with a history of injury, which cost LeBron a championship in 2015.

The Cavs we're stacked that year. Kyrie matched LBJ importance to the team and Love played his role well. Not to mention, that bench was deep.

The Cavs we're stacked that year. Kyrie matched LBJ importance to the team and Love played his role well. Not to mention, that bench was deep.

Kyrie Irving: One dimensional player who brought nothing but scoring and who couldn't play-make his way out of a wet paper bag. The conference finals making Boston Celtics are exposing his overrated value and the idiotic calls for MVP from earlier this season as we speak. Not that LeBron didn't expose his overrated value already when he swept the 60-win Atlanta Hawks in the 2015 conference finals with Kyrie out for two of the games of the series and playing just 22 and 27 minutes with tendonitis in the other two games. Not to mention him winning two games against the 67-win Warriors in the finals without Kyrie (or Love).

Kevin Love: 8.5 points on .362 shooting during the 2016 NBA finals. No, that's not a typo.

And these are the players he beat a 73-win team with, while doing this:

lebrew-james-finals-rank-total-points-ist-assists-cavalie-rebounds-15676656.png

Overall, well under the average, as far as championship supporting casts go.

Warriors had to stack to beat one man, thats the real shame.... and by shame I mean shame on Kevin Durant, I mean this guy please. -1 championships.

Definitely not what happened but it's hilarious to watch y'all consistently say this.

StackedDoe.png

Uh this is cherry picking if I ever seen it. Kyrie was an all NBA player. He didn't make it that season because he returned from injury a quarter into the season. Not because he was not talented. Meanwhile, that GSW team that you like to bring up as "stacked" won in 2015 with one other all star, Klay..... And that was his first appearance. Of course, you probably don't have the sense to see that using your own logic you're tearing apart your own plea you like to cop. If you are going to say that the Cavs were not stacked then you're also admitting that GSW was not and the sole reason that they were contenders was Steph. Choose wisely.

Kyrie Irving: One dimensional player who brought nothing but scoring and who couldn't play-make his way out of a wet paper bag. The conference finals making Boston Celtics are exposing his overrated value and the idiotic calls for MVP from earlier this season as we speak. Not that LeBron didn't expose his overrated value already when he swept the 60-win Atlanta Hawks in the 2015 conference finals with Kyrie out for two of the games of the series and playing just 22 and 27 minutes with tendonitis in the other two games. Not to mention him winning two games against the 67-win Warriors in the finals without Kyrie (or Love).
Love was an All-Star that underperformed and Kyrie SAVED the Cavs multiple games. He is a three point threat and one of the best finishers in NBA, if you call that one dimensional, than he is up there when it comes to the dimension he resides in. And to add to that, he is a lot more clutch than LeBron killed it in the 4th in the FINALS. You either did not pay attention to the finals that year or simply did not understand what was going on if you don't think Kyrie was absolutely pivotal to the Cavs winning that Chip. His presence on that team changes the whole dynamic of how the offense performs and hell, their defense was even better back then. You lost credibility with this post bro, and this is coming from a Warrior fan. A Warrior fan has to remind you what Kyrie did for the Cavs, think about that!

Definitely not what happened but it's hilarious to watch y'all consistently say this.

Uh this is cherry picking if I ever seen it. Kyrie was an all NBA player. He didn't make it that season because he returned from injury a quarter into the season. Not because he was not talented. Meanwhile, that GSW team that you like to bring up as "stacked" won in 2015 with one other all star, Klay..... And that was his first appearance. Of course, you probably don't have the sense to see that using your own logic you're tearing apart your own plea you like to cop. If you are going to say that the Cavs were not stacked then you're also admitting that GSW was not and the sole reason that they were contenders was Steph. Choose wisely.

For emphasis!

Yall midas whale bump the 2016 playoffs thread for all of this.

If building a team (2016 GSW) "organically" is considered stacking a team, then I don't know what the word stackING means.

But pretend it is stacking, so what. The name of the game is to put your team in a position to win.

This, "win with honor and nobility" ideaology doesn't exist in the real world. If any of you were GMS, you would bring in KD. You would push for Wade/Bosh/Bron to happen.

Just a funny convo when you actually breakdown what some are complaining about

I really like Durant as a player, no BS. I really do.

But damn dude, he shifted NBA competition and you guys can keep trying to go to bat for the guy but not even his own head coach thinks that they need him to win, they just flat out don't need Durant. However, they have him and just utilise his talents in the most diluted way possible, and that way is unbeatable by any team in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom