2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
GSW stacked their team with draft picks that weren't even that high.

Lebron stacked his team with proven All stars which were drafted pretty damn high.

GSW worked for what they had.

Lebron individually worked, but pretty much got someone to pay for his team.

Why do we feel doing it through the draft is "working HARDER" than doing it through free agency?

Both are ways to acquire talent, hell one could make the argument that it is harder to convince people to uproot their lives to come to your squad; considering changes in roles as well. Sure it is MIA but you could make the argument.

Why can't we acknowledge the different ways in which those two teams were built instead of focusing on which one was harder/more impressive/more respectable?

Why do we feel doing it through the draft is "working HARDER" than doing it through free agency?

Both are ways to acquire talent, hell one could make the argument that it is harder to convince people to uproot their lives to come to your squad; considering changes in roles as well. Sure it is MIA but you could make the argument.

Why can't we acknowledge the different ways in which those two teams were built instead of focusing on which one was harder/more impressive/more respectable?
Let's now act like people dont slander the Yankees for buying talent. LoL

Then praise the Royals for building the team .

Is not that hard of a concept.

Let's now act like people dont slander the Yankees for buying talent. LoL

Then praise the Royals for building the team .

Is not that hard of a concept.

I personally don't agree with one method being better, more honorable, harder than the other.

They are just different.

That is my point.

Instead of arguing about it, just respect each one, in thier own way, instead of using one method as a means to support the argument that one ring is more noble than the next

Smh at the dude who said the warriors don’t need durant :lol::lol::lol:
Not sure if I would say NEED, but they won with him (in reality), so there is no way to say what WOULD have happened in a hypothetical world. We don't know what would have happened in that reality.

Definitely not what happened but it's hilarious to watch y'all consistently say this.

Uh this is cherry picking if I ever seen it. Kyrie was an all NBA player. He didn't make it that season because he returned from injury a quarter into the season. Not because he was not talented. Meanwhile, that GSW team that you like to bring up as "stacked" won in 2015 with one other all star, Klay..... And that was his first appearance. Of course, you probably don't have the sense to see that using your own logic you're tearing apart your own plea you like to cop. If you are going to say that the Cavs were not stacked then you're also admitting that GSW was not and the sole reason that they were contenders was Steph. Choose wisely.

There have been players who were picked to be all-stars with way fewer games played than 53 in a season. He had plenty of time to prove himself to show that he was an all-star. But he just wasn't good enough. And Kyrie sitting out all those games earlier in the season while LeBron was out there busting his butt in order to give the Cavs the best seeding come playoff time helped Kyrie's glass body come playoff time. Kind of like the coward Durant resting his body for an average of 20+ games over these two past seasons helps him in June. So Kyrie benefitted from playing with LeBron in all kinds of ways.

Aside from Klay being an all-star (and all-NBA 3rd team) in 2015, Draymond was also all-defensive 1st team that season. And Andrew Bogut was all-defensive 2nd team. So yeah, stacked.

Last edited:
*see's that we are back on lebron GOAT talk/needs more help/warriors are unfair talk*

200w (37).gif

The thing that annoys me about LeBron stans is some of the stats they bring up when arguing why they think he is the GOAT. It's like I'll see a stat that says:
"LeBron is the ONLY player to ever average 6/4/3 on 60/80/40 in the 3rd Quater, while his team is down 10 with less than 5mins remaining of a back to back on a west coast road trip against a team that has 2 All-Stars that is on pace to win 55+ games for the season!"...
That is ESPN, not regular people in the regular world. You know that Cubans

I was thinking of that the other day.

That Heat team was scary fast and disciplined on defense. They went on runs quickly and will defend you to the worst shots possible.

Warriors in FOE. bump the noise about Lebron stats. Lebron ain’t here for stats, his fanatics are. Championship is the goal.

There have been players who were picked to be all-stars with way fewer games played than 53 in a season. He had plenty of time to prove himself to show that he was an all-star. But he just wasn't good enough. And Kyrie sitting out all those games earlier in the season while LeBron was out there busting his butt in order to give the Cavs the best seeding come playoff time helped Kyrie's glass body come playoff time. Kind of like the coward Durant resting his body for an average of 20+ games over these two past seasons helps him in June. So Kyrie benefitted from playing with LeBron in all kinds of ways.

Aside from Klay being an all-star (and all-NBA 3rd team) in 2015, Draymond was also all-defensive 1st team that season. And Andrew Bogut was all-defensive 2nd team. So yeah, stacked.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:you forgot the part where voting ended less than a month after Kyrie returned. Please do us all a favor and shut up

Speaking of that, congratulations to LeBron for passing Kareem and becoming #1 in all time playoff field goals made last night.

Not sure what is more stacked: The Warriors or the list of LeBron's all-time playoff records.
And yet 3 rings to show for it.

Something had to be said about that.

I really like Durant as a player, no BS. I really do.

But damn dude, he shifted NBA competition and you guys can keep trying to go to bat for the guy but not even his own head coach thinks that they need him to win, they just flat out don't need Durant. However, they have him and just utilise his talents in the most diluted way possible, and that way is unbeatable by any team in the NBA.

You actually summed it up quite well.

To be completely honest, Draymond looks like the only player on the Warriors that really ****s with KD like that. Of course they all like KD but theirs this aura, especially this season where you can tell that Steph and Klay and the others look at KD like a tag on long friend. Splash Bros were competitive without KD. They beat him so bad they made him leave his team and flex on his whole organization.

To be completely honest, Draymond looks like the only player on the Warriors that really ****s with KD like that. Of course they all like KD but theirs this aura, especially this season where you can tell that Steph and Klay and the others look at KD like a tag on long friend. Splash Bros were competitive without KD. They beat him so bad they made him leave his team and flex on his whole organization.
Think you're projecting.

Reactions: OTG
fell asleep but looking at the box score the celtics lost because of that large first quarter deficit

they outscored the cavs in every quarter but that first quarter

pretty alarming

The Cavs ALWAYS seem to have those really big 1st quarters of games and then tail off the rest of the 3 remaining quarters. Remember game 4 of last years FInals? They damn near scored 50 points in that 1st quarter.

You already had your chance. You blew it.
Not even trying to be funny, I never saw your response when I said it to you the first time. I take it 2-2 is too scary for you. Just say THAT instead of making it seem like you not betting is because of me. Nice defense mechanism though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom