2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2018-5-24_23-27-1.png

tenor.gif

All he does is the step back, Euro step, and that drive to the lane with the ball im front of him.

Heso, crossover, stepback, euro, double crossover, etc

He has pretty much every dribble move there is. He does the same moves but different combos and variations of them lol makes it hard to read.

Ha, she’s clueless. They were down 2 with the ball and that game was lost before he flubbed the pass and kicked the ball to the opposing team?

I guess it was too difficult for them to go 3/4 court for a good shot in under 10 seconds. But wait, someone dribbled before calling the timeout and forced them to inbound in the backcourt instead of advancing it. Who was that again?

Said warriors in 6 before the series started. Think GSW wins game 6, whether or not CP3 plays. Game 7 leans HOU if CP3 is healthy. You would think KD balls out these last two games though.

Said warriors in 6 before the series started. Think GSW wins game 6, whether or not CP3 plays. Game 7 leans HOU if CP3 is healthy. You would think KD balls out these last two games though.

Like he balled out up 3-1 against the Warriors in 2016? He folded down the stretch of Game 4 the other night when they needed him.

Maybe he will go to Houston if they eliminate GSW lol.

Are you really using the “Harris Poll” to prove popularity?

I’m not saying the NFL wasn’t more popular, it very well may have, but that poll is worthless.

Basketball is a global game, very difficult to just look as polls or ratings (MLB plays 10x more games than the NFL, of course very few are going to watch EVERY game).

Guy said that basketball was most popular during the 90s... that was pre-internet. How else are you going to measure viewership? There are Neilson ratings, but I'm having trouble finding those. I'd even think that MLB was more popular back in the 90s than basketball.

Basketball is a global game, very difficult to just look as polls or ratings (MLB plays 10x more games than the NFL, of course very few are going to watch EVERY game).

What does global have to do with anything?

He said it was more popular in the nation, which is dead wrong.

The most watched NBA Finals was in 1998 by 30 million people.

The Super Bowl in 1998 was watched by 90 million people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guy said that basketball was most popular during the 90s... that was pre-internet. How else are you going to measure viewership? There are Neilson ratings, but I'm having trouble finding those. I'd even think that MLB was more popular back in the 90s than basketball.

It’s hard to determine that. Is there any doubt who the most popular athlete was?

In fact, basketball players are usually the most popular of the four major sports.

From Magic/Bird to Jordan to Shaq/Kobe to LeBron... basketball may not get the same ratings as the NFL but their stars are bigger. I’d be curious to see stuff like merchandise sales (worldwide) between NFL and NBA.

He also folded tonight when they needed him.

They all kinda seem to be caving from the pressure. The West all rolled over and died at the sight of them last season. Houston is not scared of them and it’s fascinating to see a D’Antoni team (who was a good defensive team all season, but still) hold them to under 95 two straight games.

Last edited:
What does global have to do with anything?

He said it was more popular in the nation, which is dead wrong.

The most watched NBA Finals was in 1998 by 30 million people.

The Super Bowl in 1998 was watched by 90 million people.

Oh yeah I don’t know how far back this topic goes into the thread, but no debating what’s been the most popular sport here for some time now.

Super Bowl has obviously become ridiculous. How many of those viewers do you think are actual fans that spend money on anything NFL-related?

Oh yeah I don’t know how far back this topic goes into the thread, but no debating what’s been the most popular sport here for some time now.

Super Bowl has obviously become ridiculous. How many of those viewers do you think are actual fans that spend money on anything NFL-related?

I have no idea, it would be interesting to see merch revenue between the NFL and NBA.

I would imagine the NFL numbers are ridiculous, tho.

Pretty sure something like 175 million people watched last years Super Bowl.

I have no idea, it would be interesting to see merch revenue between the NFL and NBA.

I would imagine the NFL numbers are ridiculous, tho.

Pretty sure something like 175 million people watched last years Super Bowl.

Yeah I’m sure NFL is safely tops in the US but when NBA sales overseas are factored in, it could be close. I can’t imagine how many jerseys get sold in China (and even Europe and South America).

Super Bowl is now a social event where the commercials and halftime show are talked about more than the game itself. 95% of the people who watch couldn’t care less who wins.

the equivalent to saying because the eagles won the superbowl without carson wentz , they should get rid of him. makes little sense. just imagine how deep and good this team will be when those dudes come back.

Just for clarity, eagles were also missing:

Jason peters (left tackle)
Jordan hicks (MIKE LB and the guy who called the plays on D)
Darren sproles (returner and do everything back)
Chris maragos (best special teams player and that units captain)

Anddddddddddd even the kicker

Also, alshon was playing with a torn rotator cuff and Brandon graham had a high ankle sprain

:tongue:

Man it’s one thing to have kyrie and Westbrook, but lebron and Kd are global stars and almost household names. I’d think having them in the finals would draw more views
Exactly.

There are levels to this, people, stop acting like there aren't.

BOS vs. HOU just doesn't have the same ring to it.

It would DRAW, but just not AS MUCH AS GSW/CLE

you pick a random espn article from 2014, any other time folks complain that espn isnt a credible source...? that article doesnt mention how many people were polled, from where, what years etc etc

i saw an article years ago that stated that in terms of ratings per capita minus the super bowl, NBA basketball what neck and neck with the NFL...when you added college football to the equation, then it became lopsided.

and what E EnvyTheGreen said

but i cant find it, so whatever.

harden ain throwing games hes just conditioned like cp3 *****s need rest

this why i think they would lose to the east teams

antoni acting like thibs

yea forget this the same guy that ran kobe into the ground

This might be why they lose in 7

Barkley finally had a good point. This rotation is horrendous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom